PDA

View Full Version : Bonds hit 754 tonight

pierzynski07
07-27-2007, 11:46 PM
No one has mentioned this? I guess it's true that no one cares about Bonds. The way it should be. :redneck

Red Barchetta
07-27-2007, 11:47 PM
(yawn)

Go A-Rod!

letsgosox1592
07-27-2007, 11:51 PM
(yawn)

Go A-Rod!

As Frank would say, A-Rod has done it the right way and not cheated unlike someone with 754 career homeruns

Jurr
07-28-2007, 12:43 AM
As Frank would say, A-Rod has done it the right way and not cheated unlike someone with 754 career homeruns
I find it hilarious that people automatically assume that players like Rodriguez or Pujols haven't taken steroids. Oh, how naive we all are, huh?

oeo
07-28-2007, 12:46 AM

And he's going to completely destroy whatever Bonds ends at. So I couldn't care a less about Bonds' claim to fame for another 8-10 years or so.

oeo
07-28-2007, 12:50 AM
I find it hilarious that people automatically assume that players like Rodriguez or Pujols haven't taken steroids. Oh, how naive we all are, huh?

Are you talking about Ivan or Alex? A-Rod came up as a little skinny kid and was belting homeruns then, and still is today. Alex Rodriguez's don't come along very often.

Pujols, OTOH, who knows?

FedEx227
07-28-2007, 12:52 AM

Look at A-Rod
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/blog/alex.jpghttp://www.oddjack.com/190px-Alex_Rodriguez,_NYY_uniform,_walking.jpg
Look at Bonds
http://r_harrison.tripod.com/Agonist/BarryBonds.jpg

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 01:00 AM
As fas as I am concerned, no solid proof has been found for Bonds taking steroids, so I won't really mind when he gets the next two. I like just about every other baseball fan around, enjoy seeing homeruns.

But I still like Aaron better. (Hank, not Rowand):D:

FedEx227
07-28-2007, 01:01 AM
As fas as I am concerned, no solid proof has been found for Bonds taking steroids, so I won't really mind when he gets the next two. I like just about every other baseball fan around, enjoy seeing homeruns.

What position do you have at ESPN?

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 01:14 AM
What position do you have at ESPN?
Thanks for bringing out the biggest insult ever.:smile:

But unlike ESPN I hate Bonds, actually. What I really mean is until he is charged and suspended, he has done nothing wrong. The only words I here concerning Bonds are alleged and accused blah blah. So until I see otherwise, I won't mind to homers coming.

I just want the whole Bonds saga to be over soon, though.

WLL1855
07-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Thanks for bringing out the biggest insult ever.:smile:

But unlike ESPN I hate Bonds, actually. What I really mean is until he is charged and suspended, he has done nothing wrong. The only words I here concerning Bonds are alleged and accused blah blah. So until I see otherwise, I won't mind to homers coming.

I just want the whole Bonds saga to be over soon, though.

Amen to that. I personally hope Bonds hits his next few at about midnight central time so I don't have to watch the drama and I hope it is done by the end of this weekend. The man isn't the worst person on earth, but he is an unrepetant dick so let's get this farce over with already.

ChiSoxGirl
07-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Amen to that. I personally hope Bonds hits his next few at about midnight central time so I don't have to watch the drama and I hope it is done by the end of this weekend. The man isn't the worst person on earth, but he is an unrepetant dick so let's get this farce over with already.

You know full well that FOX will continue breaking into whatever games they're broadcasting tomorrow to show each at-bat of his. :rolleyes: A few weeks ago when they started doing this, at least they'd do a split screen; now they take away your game altogether and broadcast that jerk. :angry:

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2007, 01:35 AM
The only words I here concerning Bonds are alleged and accused blah blah. So until I see otherwise, I won't mind to homers coming.Another Bonds apologist. I guess admitting to it in front of a grand jury doesn't get it for you, huh?

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 01:39 AM
I didn't come here to argue about steroid or who has done them. I really don't care. The fact is he is still a great player and has hit a ton of homeruns.

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2007, 01:40 AM
The fact is he ... has hit a ton of homeruns.Steroid-aided.

ilsox7
07-28-2007, 01:44 AM
I didn't come here to argue about steroid or who has done them. I really don't care. The fact is he is still a great player and has hit a ton of homeruns.

You said he didn't take steroids. It's been proved in the legal process that he did. Yet you look the other way.

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 02:10 AM
You said he didn't take steroids. It's been proved in the legal process that he did. Yet you look the other way.
I said clearly as far as I know. Of course I don't know what is going on in his own free time. I don't remember fully the legal process you are talking about, but I do know he has not been suspended and is still clearly playing baseball. Obviously their steroid system is flawed. I never said he never took anything, I have my own other opinions about the situation.

Now, like I said, all that is said about Bonds are mainly speculation and accusations. I still stand by that point of view, and am still waiting for more solid proof (like him being suspended for one). So until then, enjoy the homeruns.

ilsox7
07-28-2007, 02:19 AM
I said clearly as far as I know. Of course I don't know what is going on in his own free time. I don't remember fully the legal process you are talking about, but I do know he has not been suspended and is still clearly playing baseball. Obviously their steroid system is flawed. I never said he never took anything, I have my own other opinions about the situation.

Now, like I said, all that is said about Bonds are mainly speculation and accusations. I still stand by that point of view, and am still waiting for more solid proof (like him being suspended for one). So until then, enjoy the homeruns.

You said there has been "no solid proof" that Bonds took steroids. Considering he admitted to it, how much more solid do you want the proof to be? Is admitting it under Oath not enough?

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Maybe when he gets indicted for perjury for saying he didn't know that "the cream" and "the clear" were steroids when he was taking them, that will convince you. MLB can't use his Grand Jury statements because they were leaked, and not official. However, you'll notice that his lawyer never denied the accuracy of the leaks, just attacked the leaks.

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 02:34 AM
I take no interest in Bond's legal affairs, as I try to aboid any of his media hype. I wasn't talking about that, and I really dont want to argue about all this. All I really wanted to state was that Barry Bonds is still playing baseball despite all the accusations. He can say all he want, but nobody has acted on it. The proof I want is for someone to get him out of baseball. That should be an easy enough concept for one to understand...

Jeez, can't we all just celebrate the breaking of this batting record. It's kind of a big deal.

ilsox7
07-28-2007, 02:58 AM
I take no interest in Bond's legal affairs, as I try to aboid any of his media hype. I wasn't talking about that, and I really dont want to argue about all this. All I really wanted to state was that Barry Bonds is still playing baseball despite all the accusations. He can say all he want, but nobody has acted on it. The proof I want is for someone to get him out of baseball. That should be an easy enough concept for one to understand...

Jeez, can't we all just celebrate the breaking of this batting record. It's kind of a big deal.

I find it difficult to celebrate a man who admittedly broke the law and as a direct result, helped his ability to hit home runs at a faster pace.

MUsoxfan
07-28-2007, 03:04 AM
I find it difficult to celebrate a man who admittedly broke the law and as a direct result, helped his ability to hit home runs at a faster pace.

And is just a tremendous *******. It's one thing if you're a cheater but you're somewhat of a nice guy, it's another if you're a cheater coupled with being a tremendous *******.

It'll be a sad day when this record goes down. I hope he enjoys it while he can, because A-Rod will be the eventual holder of the record.

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2007, 03:19 AM
Jeez, can't we all just celebrate the breaking of this batting record. It's kind of a big deal.Celebrate? I think not. Mourn is a better word.

TDog
07-28-2007, 03:21 AM
If Bonds played football, no one would care if he did steroids.

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2007, 03:26 AM
If Bonds played football, no one would care if he did steroids.And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass.

TDog
07-28-2007, 03:32 AM
And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass.

If people around here would show the same disgust for football where steroids is prevalent as they show for Barry Bonds, I would agree with you that my post was irrelevant.

MUsoxfan
07-28-2007, 03:38 AM
If people around here would show the same disgust for football where steroids is prevalent as they show for Barry Bonds, I would agree with you that my post was irrelevant.

Football is a different animal. Baseball records are sacred to alot of people.

chaerulez
07-28-2007, 03:46 AM

Barry Bonds admitted to a grand jury that he took steroids. But he claims he didn't know they were steroids. The government knows he is lying as they are trying to convict him on a perjury charge. The only reason he isn't convicted yet is because Greg Anderson WON'T RAT HIM OUT. Anderson could just lie, but I guess he has SOME morals. He won't lie, but he will supply someone with illegal steroids to cheat in the professional level. Odd. Odd like your sorry apologist attitude towards Bonds. He cheated. It's simple as that. We don't need "proof" from any legal process. The legal process has flaws. We can see with our eyes, use our common sense and from books like Game of Shadows and other reported facts about Bonds.

I agree the NFL kind of gets a pass. However, football doesn't mean nearly as much as baseball does to in respect to the history of this country. MLB may not be king anymore in pro sports, but baseball as a sport as meant so much to the USA. Our records are considered sacred. When Peyton Manning broke the single season TD record, it was nice. But it wasn't anything like breaking a hallowed baseball record. Just think when/if DiMaggio's hit streak is broken how special it will be. But when Corey Dillion and later Jamal Lewis broke Payton's rushing record, not many people cared.

TDog
07-28-2007, 03:47 AM
Football is a different animal. Baseball records are sacred to alot of people.

If steroids are so evil, stop watching football. It's hypocritical to show so much animosity toward Bonds if you're looking forward to watching the steroid-inflated football season.

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2007, 04:02 AM
If people around here would show the same disgust for football where steroids is prevalent as they show for Barry Bonds, I would agree with you that my post was irrelevant.In all honesty, I don't care very much about football. I watch, but I don't really care.

If steroids are so evil, stop watching football. It's hypocritical to show so much animosity toward Bonds if you're looking forward to watching the steroid-inflated football season. See above.

FarWestChicago
07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I didn't come here to argue about steroid or who has done them. I really don't care. The fact is he is still a great player and has hit a ton of homeruns.Yes, you do care about steroids and are here defending users. Who is your second favorite player next to Bonds?

:nandrolone

That would be me!!

FarWestChicago
07-28-2007, 06:54 AM
If Bonds played football, no one would care if he did steroids.Great, another 'roids loving Bonds apologist. You have just gone to the top of the WSI ******* poster list. :rolleyes:

:barrybonds

TDog is my boy!!

NewYawk718
07-28-2007, 08:08 AM

Canseco has something to say about that...http://media.weei.podzinger.com/archive/TheBigShow/2007-07-26_Jose_Canseco.mp3

downstairs
07-28-2007, 08:58 AM
BiggestFan14, and all other apologists:

Look, he's ALWYAYS going to be "alleged" in the eyes of the law. Because he CAN'T be convicted of possession. The only way the media can get around HAVING to say alleged and not get sued for libel/slander is if:

He's convicted
He admits it*

HE CANNOT BE CONVICTED. He has to be caught possessing the stuff.

His only legal troubles are for a somewhat unrelated purjury case. He wins that, loses that it still has nothing to do with steroids.

However, guess what- MLB is not an arm of the government. They don't have to go purely by the rules of trial for punishing someone. Look at the NFL- PacMan and Vick have yet to stand trial, and they're being punished.

So, yes it IS up for debate whether or not he should hold the record, what the record means, etc. Our arguments in this forum and similar ones DO NOT have to go by the rules of conviction, trial, etc.

*Oh, yeah he DID admit it, by the way.

FedEx227
07-28-2007, 09:40 AM

To be fair, he admitted to doing a "steroid-like" substance that he was unaware was a "steroid".

......So basically yes, he admitted it.

Unless you don't believe that if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

Red Barchetta
07-28-2007, 10:22 AM

The guy (Bonds) averaged around 32 HRs/season through his prime. At age 35 and for five years afterwards, he averages 52 including a single season record hitting over 70 HRs. The same five years, McGwire and Sosa blow out there career stats. He associated with people who have been caught using, manufacturing and selling the illegal juice, however claims he never used it. His head has increased 3 hat sizes and he maintained a physique that requires heavy duty lifting while playing a full baseball season.

chaerulez
07-28-2007, 11:01 AM
If steroids are so evil, stop watching football. It's hypocritical to show so much animosity toward Bonds if you're looking forward to watching the steroid-inflated football season.

Also, what is your proof that the NFL is so full of steroid users? Since the crackdown on performance enchaning drugs by pro sports, I doubt the percentage of users in the NFL compared to MLB is that much different. I don't think either league tests for HGH. So while Bonds apologists call for "solid proof" on him, you don't have any that indicates the NFL has more steroid users than MLB.

Red Barchetta
07-28-2007, 12:32 PM
BiggestFan14, and all other apologists:

Look, he's ALWYAYS going to be "alleged" in the eyes of the law. Because he CAN'T be convicted of possession. The only way the media can get around HAVING to say alleged and not get sued for libel/slander is if:

He's convicted
He admits it*

HE CANNOT BE CONVICTED. He has to be caught possessing the stuff.

His only legal troubles are for a somewhat unrelated purjury case. He wins that, loses that it still has nothing to do with steroids.

However, guess what- MLB is not an arm of the government. They don't have to go purely by the rules of trial for punishing someone. Look at the NFL- PacMan and Vick have yet to stand trial, and they're being punished.

So, yes it IS up for debate whether or not he should hold the record, what the record means, etc. Our arguments in this forum and similar ones DO NOT have to go by the rules of conviction, trial, etc.

Believe me, I not just pointing the finger at Bonds. Selig, the owners, the trainers, the players who look away, etc. are all to blame. Heck, some writers even blamed us fans for encouraging the players to do more. At first I didn't believe it, however after watching Sosa fill Wrigley every day when the Cubs were out of the race makes me wonder. Show up, get drunk and hey, if Sosa hits a home run, win or lose, it's a "great day at Wrigley". :?:

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
What is the point of a message board if people are just going to tear down what you say? Maybe you should actually read what I say to see what I mean, instead of just seeing that I don't call him a ****ing ******* and coming to the conclusion that I'm just a babbling no-nothing idiot. I don't get why you people are calling me a Bonds apologist and defending steroids, because I'm not. I dislike the man too, but not to the extreme some of you put it. There are far worse people in the world.

And now I am back to my quite self, since I normally only post twice a day.

whitesoxfan1986
07-28-2007, 12:48 PM
While I agree that Bonds probably used steroids, and that this record is tainted, I've come to terms with the fact that he's probably going to get in the HOF, although I think that McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro, and Bonds should not be allowed in. Bonds was probably a HOF without the Roids. I'll bring up another argument. If any of these four nutjobs get in the HOF and Rose doesn't, then I'll flat out ignore the HOF. I love Baseball and it is my favorite sport to watch, but I'll make up in my own mind who is and is not a HOF, despite who is or isn't actually in. These users of steroids have made a great player's(The Hurt) numbers look like they're nothing. In fact, I have read quite a few articles lately saying that 500 HRs just isn't what it used to be, arguing that 550 should be the new 500 and players like Frank and Thome are not HOF until they reach that mark.

AnkleSox
07-28-2007, 01:10 PM
If Bonds played football, no one would care if he did steroids.

If Bonds played football, there probably wouldn't be many posts about him in a messageboard titled "Talking BASEBALL."

TDog
07-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Great, another 'roids loving Bonds apologist. You have just gone to the top of the WSI ******* poster list. :rolleyes:

:barrybonds

TDog is my boy!!

I'm not a Bonds apologist. I'm glad he doesn't play for the Sox because no one expects me to be a Bonds apologist. I abhor steroids. But I'm not a hypocrite. I haven't watched a football game since the 1980s and totally ignore the sport. I can only name one participant -- the loser -- of the last Super Bowl because of references I have read in baseball posts at WSI. But I have read news reports of steroids abuse in football.

My point is that it's hypocritical for many people here to celebrate football while assailing baseball for its steroid problem.

A lifetime ban from any professional sport for anyone who has ever taken steroids without a prescription, with tests before and after every game, and forfeits penalizing teams with positive-testing players, would be justifiable in my mind. We don't have that. We never have and never will. In the 1980s, a football player out of college signed a record contract after testing positive for steroids. That was about the time I stopped watching football, although I was never a fan.

Barry Bonds was allowed to happen. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

MCHSoxFan
07-28-2007, 01:29 PM
You know full well that FOX will continue breaking into whatever games they're broadcasting tomorrow to show each at-bat of his. :rolleyes: A few weeks ago when they started doing this, at least they'd do a split screen; now they take away your game altogether and broadcast that jerk. :angry:

I know, for real. I hated it last week during the Sox/Sox game. Sure, it was a a bad game. However, that is not the point. Something good could have happend at that point in time.

Red Barchetta
07-28-2007, 02:07 PM
While I agree that Bonds probably used steroids, and that this record is tainted, I've come to terms with the fact that he's probably going to get in the HOF, although I think that McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro, and Bonds should not be allowed in. Bonds was probably a HOF without the Roids. I'll bring up another argument. If any of these four nutjobs get in the HOF and Rose doesn't, then I'll flat out ignore the HOF. I love Baseball and it is my favorite sport to watch, but I'll make up in my own mind who is and is not a HOF, despite who is or isn't actually in. These users of steroids have made a great player's(The Hurt) numbers look like they're nothing. In fact, I have read quite a few articles lately saying that 500 HRs just isn't what it used to be, arguing that 550 should be the new 500 and players like Frank and Thome are not HOF until they reach that mark.

I agree. Out of all of them, I liked Palmeiro the most probably due to him having a great career after the Cubs traded him. (Cindy Sandberg anyone?!) :D:

A friend I worked with played on the same team with Palmeiro, Clark and Thigpen in college. I asked him if he thought Palmeiro used steroids and he said he was surprised because Palmeiro hated meds during his collegiate days. If he did, it was probably the "recovery" steroids and human growth hormones that help slow down aging, vs. the Conseco/McGwire/Bonds pump me up creams and muscle stimulants.

Still illegal and still a shame their careers are tainted. And BTW, I agree that Bonds has only himself to blame as he is/was HOF material before his 2000 season. The 500 HR/500 SB combo alone is worth entry, plus he was a pretty good fielder in his prime.

ilsox7
07-28-2007, 03:32 PM
What is the point of a message board if people are just going to tear down what you say? Maybe you should actually read what I say to see what I mean, instead of just seeing that I don't call him a ****ing ******* and coming to the conclusion that I'm just a babbling no-nothing idiot. I don't get why you people are calling me a Bonds apologist and defending steroids, because I'm not. I dislike the man too, but not to the extreme some of you put it. There are far worse people in the world.

And now I am back to my quite self, since I normally only post twice a day.

You clearly said that Bonds has done nothing wrong. Those were your exact words. When people showed you that he broke the law, you still refused to recognize the fact that he did something wrong. That's why you're being ripped to shreds.

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
You clearly said that Bonds has done nothing wrong. Those were your exact words. When people showed you that he broke the law, you still refused to recognize the fact that he did something wrong. That's why you're being ripped to shreds.
Again, in my eyes, he has done no wrong, because he is still playing. The whole thing is just messed up because of all this. That's all I meant.

Now hopefully he gets two today just to have it done...

ilsox7
07-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Again, in my eyes, he has done no wrong, because he is still playing. The whole thing is just messed up because of all this. That's all I meant.

Now hopefully he gets two today just to have it done...

I just don't get it. He broke the law. He admitted he broke the law. But b/c he has not been disciplined, he did nothing wrong? I think that's why people do not understand your position.

captainclutch24
07-28-2007, 07:29 PM
I can't wait for him to break the record! I'm a fan of Barry.

FarWestChicago
07-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I can't wait for him to break the record! I'm a fan of Barry.:nandrolone

That's what I'm talking about! We need more 'roid lovers like you out there. Then I'm automatic for the Hall of Shame!

MarySwiss
07-28-2007, 07:53 PM
That's what I'm talking about! We need more 'roid lovers like you out there. Then I'm automatic for the Hall of Shame!
Yeah, West, but you know what? I also wish he'd just break the damn record, so we could STOP HEARING ABOUT him.

Here's the thing:
I think Buck Weaver and Shoeless Joe should be reinstated;
I think Walter Payton was and most likely always will be the best running back in NFL history;
I think the Phoenix Suns got jobbed in the playoffs this year; and
I think Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, et al., should just go away.

And what I think is the only thing that matters. To me. Bonds can hit another hundred home runs and I will not care.

Bucky F. Dent
07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Dontrelle just struck Bonds out swinging. :bandance:
I haven't been that happy about a strikeout pitched by someone other than a Sox pitcher in a long time.

TDog
07-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Dontrelle just struck Bonds out swinging. :bandance:
I haven't been that happy about a strikeout pitched by someone other than a Sox pitcher in a long time.

At the risk of being labeled a Barry Bonds fan ... Do you think there's a chance he might not hit any more home runs this year?

FarWestChicago
07-28-2007, 10:47 PM
At the risk of being labeled a Barry Bonds fan ... Do you think there's a chance he might not hit any more home runs this year?:dunno:

What risk? You are what you are.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/steiner.jpg

This is what my man TDog wants all you wimpy baseball players to look like!!!

BiggestFan14
07-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I just don't get it. He broke the law. He admitted he broke the law. But b/c he has not been disciplined, he did nothing wrong? I think that's why people do not understand your position.
I've never posted so much in one thread here so far, but I suppose I dug myself a big one here...

I'm sorry about all this, I must just be misphrasing what I mean here. So to me, because I can have my own opinion, it is like he has done no wrong because he is still playing baseball. I really don't know how to put it. Everyone knows the whole thing is messed up. I'm not arguing about any legal operations here, I'm just accepting that there is no disclipline thus far. So while he can still play baseball I don't mind if he breaks the record. I don't get why it's a big deal to not worry about it until he either tests positive or someone finally charges him.

But, in the end I still don't get what the whole big deal is here. Plus I think it's pretty classy to insult someone who likes Barry Bonds. I don't like him or the other steroid users either, but jeez...

Frontman
07-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Personally, someone should just start kidnapping opposing pitchers. That isn't against baseball rules either........

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Bonds can have the record. He now has made sports records meaningless. Sportswriters who have any guts will make sure him and the rest of the roiders will never be enshrined.

IlliniSox4Life
07-29-2007, 12:14 AM
But, in the end I still don't get what the whole big deal is here. Plus I think it's pretty classy to insult someone who likes Barry Bonds. I don't like him or the other steroid users either, but jeez...

The big deal is that he has admitted to taking illegal steroids under oath and as a result of his using illegal steroids, he is about to break the most hallowed record in all of professional sports.

There's a lot more contributing factors, such as the guy himself generally being a jerk and the guy whose record he is breaking is one of the most beloved former baseball players, but the above pretty much sums it up.

The reason everyone here is so passionate about it: this is the message board of a major league baseball team. Go to a football message board and I am sure they would be much more concerned anytime something happens in football than we are here. A lot of people here enjoy football immensely, but baseball is life and love to a lot of people here. Baseball is the sport we played with our fathers when we were 8 years old. A lot people here still remember the first baseball game they ever went to even though they don't have many memories from when they were that age.

If one was to burn a British flag, I wouldn't really care all that much. If one burned an American flag, you are damn right it would piss me off.

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2007, 02:29 AM
I'm not arguing about any legal operations here, I'm just accepting that there is no disclipline thus far. So while he can still play baseball I don't mind if he breaks the record. I don't get why it's a big deal to not worry about it until he either tests positive or someone finally charges him.What you're saying can be summed up in a statement I hear WAY too often: "It's not cheating if you don't get caught." Well, guess what? I don't agree with that attitude, and never will. There is no question in anyone's mind that he was juicing, and that the juicing produced an incredible increase in home run production.

But, in the end I still don't get what the whole big deal is here. Plus I think it's pretty classy to insult someone who likes Barry Bonds. I don't like him or the other steroid users either, but jeez...I'm very very sorry if you still don't get what the big deal is. One of baseballs most hallowed records is about to be broken by someone who cheated to get there.

If you don't like him, why do you think we should "celebrate" the accomplishment of a cheater?

TDog
07-29-2007, 04:41 AM
:dunno:

What risk? You are what you are.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/steiner.jpg

This is what my man TDog wants all you wimpy baseball players to look like!!!

I'm not a Barry Bonds fan. I'm not even a fan of home runs. I'm a fan of triples and 1-0 baseball games. It wouldn't bother me if fences were moved so far back that everyone had to run out their home runs. But it's inevitable Barry Bonds will break Henry Aaron's record. Putting energy into rooting against his every at bat would seem a frustrating pastime.

chaerulez
07-29-2007, 04:58 AM
I can't wait for him to break the record! I'm a fan of Barry.

Please post here most often so we can get your intelligent insight on things.
I've never posted so much in one thread here so far, but I suppose I dug myself a big one here...

I'm sorry about all this, I must just be misphrasing what I mean here. So to me, because I can have my own opinion, it is like he has done no wrong because he is still playing baseball. I really don't know how to put it. Everyone knows the whole thing is messed up. I'm not arguing about any legal operations here, I'm just accepting that there is no disclipline thus far. So while he can still play baseball I don't mind if he breaks the record. I don't get why it's a big deal to not worry about it until he either tests positive or someone finally charges him.

It's because your argument is flawed. Just because MLB has an idiot commish that doesn't know how to discpline people, doesn't mean Bonds hasn't done anything wrong. He's not going to test positive because the MLB drug testing is a sham. You're an idiot if you get caught. HGH is not tested. HGH was the drug of choice for Bonds. If you are a baseball player why would even bother taking a steroid that is actually tested for, when you have HGH that is not tested? There is a book out called Game of Shadows. Please read it. Apparently everything in it is true, otherwise the great Barry Bonds would've filed a libel suit against the authors. Infact the only suit that was charged against the book was because it contained information from the leaked grand jury testimony.

PeteWard
07-29-2007, 05:00 AM

Wow! You like Hank Aaron more! But you won't mind if his great record is stolen by a cheater.

I recommend this to clear your head.

http://deadspin.com/sports/barry-bonds/jeff-pearlman-on-his-subject-barry-bonds-281739.php

Excerpt from Jeff Pearlman

"They maintain there's no proof that Bonds used, so how can we condemn him? If we used that mode of thinking in day-to-day life, there'd be no need for juries. You either catch a person in the act of committing a crime or he's innocent. Factually--and I mean, 100% factually--Bonds used, and the evidence is overwhelming. Every time someone writes that there's no "proof," he/she is gifting the designers of masking agents. If we reward and praise the cheaters in sports, what are we saying to the kids who follow the games? What are we saying about decency and integrity?"

Frontman
07-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Please post here most often so we can get your intelligent insight on things.

It's because your argument is flawed. Just because MLB has an idiot commish that doesn't know how to discpline people, doesn't mean Bonds hasn't done anything wrong. He's not going to test positive because the MLB drug testing is a sham. You're an idiot if you get caught. HGH is not tested. HGH was the drug of choice for Bonds. If you are a baseball player why would even bother taking a steroid that is actually tested for, when you have HGH that is not tested? There is a book out called Game of Shadows. Please read it. Apparently everything in it is true, otherwise the great Barry Bonds would've filed a libel suit against the authors. Infact the only suit that was charged against the book was because it contained information from the leaked grand jury testimony.

Blame on that should really be put on the union and the collective barganing agreement. I have a feeling Selig would of done more and sooner had he not been blocked by the players union at every turn.

NewYawk718
07-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Canseco has something to say about that...http://media.weei.podzinger.com/archive/TheBigShow/2007-07-26_Jose_Canseco.mp3

This will be big..I don't think you guys understand that.

Jjav829
07-29-2007, 10:06 AM

There's a surprise.

And let me guess, it'll be revealed in his next book. :rolleyes:

NewYawk718
07-29-2007, 10:10 AM
There's a surprise.

And let me guess, it'll be revealed in his next book. :rolleyes:

I'm dominican, a native new yorker and a yankee fan so i love a-rod but we cannot doubt Canseco. I believe last time his words were held in doubt, they proved to be true.

chaerulez
07-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Blame on that should really be put on the union and the collective barganing agreement. I have a feeling Selig would of done more and sooner had he not been blocked by the players union at every turn.

Selig sat back and did nothing in the Sosa/McGwire HR derby because it was "saving baseball" after the strike.

As for the Canseco thing. Yes, he has been right about a lot the people he accused- McGwire, Giambi, Palmerio, I-Roid etc. However, he is still a liar and an idiot. He is saying he didn't right the book for money. Right. He says talking steroids was okay because it was not illegal in baseball at the time. Is there a chance A-Rod took steroids? Sure, anyone in the steroid era could have. But we shouldn't take Canseco's word as the truth. He is right about one thing though. Schilling is a joke. Schilling might be the biggest idiot in baseball. Go back and listen to his congress testimony. He said nothing of importance, and basically just self indulged and postured the entire time. This is the guy who first said baseball had a steroid problem. But Curt Schilling won't rat anyone out. He'll talk about guys who have already admitted it (Canseco) or it's very obvious they used (Bonds), but he won't talk about anything important (like has Clemens used, I'm sure Schilling knows a hell of a lot on that topic). Schilling cares for his personal image as much as he does about what he does on the field. He loves to try to be this wholesome family man guy. That's great if you can pull it off without being a jackass, kind of like Jim Thome. Thome is a honest just plain nice guy. Schilling tries to portray himself as that. Except he's rubbed a lot of media members, teammates and just people around baseball the wrong way that he has a lot of people in the game that can't stand him. Don't ever take anything Schilling says, steroids or otherwise, into account because his word means nothing.

As for the people that still try and support Bonds, therefore supporting the mockery of the game, know this about Bonds:

http://www.slate.com/id/2139038/

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2368395

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19718594/

And that other documented stuff about him:

-He would drop a towel in the clubhouse just to make the clubhouse attendant pick it up. Then do it again. And again... and again...

-He was asked by Ron Kittle to sign stuff for a cancer cause (some kind of charity) to which he replied "I don't sign for white people."

-He's a wife/girlfriend beater.

-He was asked to donate some money for a Pirates employee's family member was ill with something (think like what Derrek Lee is going through) and he made a big scene out of it (I believe he got really angry and started swearing at the guy who asked him).

Granted, Bonds was a creation of bad parenting. Think Paris Hilton (with at least a marketable talent) or Kobe Bryant. He was born into a life of privilege, and no one taught him boundaries, or how to properly interact with people. In that sense I feel sorry for him. But he's still responsible for his own actions.

One last thing, interesting timeline of how ESPN won't report things truthfully or act with journalistc integrity to save their own interests:

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseball/tracking-the-barry-bonds-revelations-161648.php

HawkDJ
07-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Well if Bonds is going to break this record, I can't think of a better place than Dodger Stadium.

TDog
07-30-2007, 06:48 PM
He was asked by Ron Kittle to sign stuff for a cancer cause (some kind of charity) to which he replied "I don't sign for white people."...

When this was discussed at WSI, as it was the story that broke with the publication of Ron Kittle's book, there were posters that (incredibly) supported Barry Bonds and attacked Kittle's credibility.

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Barry Bonds, and I would consider them justified.