PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox win 7/27/07 post game thread

Railsplitter
07-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Good show
:bandance::bandance:

JB98
07-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice win, good pitching, just enough offense.

Pods plays, Sox win!

OK, so Pods sucked tonight. :D:

letsgosox1592
07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Good job Garland and bullpen. Miss Iguchi, but cant wait till Richar comes up.

letsgosox1592
07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
oops I just made a post game thread. Can I delete somehow or something?

October26
07-27-2007, 10:00 PM
For as much bullpen anxiety as I have, I gotta say something good about the bullpen. Wasserman pitched well and of course Bobby did his thing. Garland wins his 8th game. Bobby gets save number 29. Nice win! :D:

New papa Mark Buerhle goes tomorrow (Saturday) for the Sox against Roy Halliday.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I was cringing when Wasserman came in but he did his job. Nice game.

letsgosox1592
07-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Is Richar getting called up to take Iguchi's spot?

October26
07-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Is Richar getting called up to take Iguchi's spot?

yes, Richar is scheduled to be here tomorrow, so Ozzie said in the pre-game show.

letsgosox1592
07-27-2007, 10:07 PM
yes, Richar is scheduled to be here tomorrow, so Ozzie said in the pre-game show.
Sweet I hope he does a great job up here and excells as a major leaguer

Foulke You
07-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I was cringing when Wasserman came in but he did his job. Nice game.
I think Wasserman might be a keeper. He is like a junkball version of Chad Bradford. I've liked what I've seen so far from him, he doesn't seem to walk hitters or be intimidated up there. Of course, the bar is set so low with our bullpen, I'm impressed whenever I see back to back outs from a middle reliever these days.:tongue:

hose
07-27-2007, 10:31 PM
high five

eastchicagosoxfan
07-27-2007, 10:34 PM
A good win. In 2005, people would see a ton of positives. In the present enviornment, so many people will only focus on the negatives.

slavko
07-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Scotty Dangerous has cost Garland a win earlier this year. At least the ball didn't hit him on the head this time. That may be why we got the win.

MCHSoxFan
07-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I just got home form the game. This is the kind of game I like. Great pitching, some interesting ways to get on base, and a close WIN for the WHITE SOX!!! :D: Miss Iguchi, however. I did get nervous when Wassermann was pitching all over the place.

It was nice to sit with Brokks tonight. Talked to him about some new ideas.

As I have said over the past couple of days: When Pods Is In, SOX WIN!!!

Sig Time update... :D:

Palehose Pete
07-27-2007, 10:52 PM
I say, good show.

Woo hoo!

Jurr
07-27-2007, 11:25 PM
14 posts for a winner. Now we have 15. Wow.

Hopefully we have the bullpen issues under control. The way the offense is coming to life, .500 may not be a pipe dream, after all.

soxfanreggie
07-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Great game. I still think we're very far out of it, but nice to see some signs of life. If "these kids can play", it's a good sign for next year.

jabrch
07-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Great game. I still think we're very far out of it,

Ya think?

kitekrazy
07-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey the Sox won 4 game this week and it's only Friday.

Georgey3085
07-27-2007, 11:47 PM
It was also nice to see everyone give Frank a good treatment too. It really shows how our fans are a class act compared to those stupid Indian fans who continue to boo Thome.

itsnotrequired
07-27-2007, 11:49 PM

Lifted lines are the best lines.

chisoxfanatic
07-27-2007, 11:59 PM
He said "Sig Time update" not "Sig update Time" :tongue: :cool:

The only thing I want to accomplish this year, since we're out of it, other than getting the kids some nice experience, is to finish ahead of the Twins, which is not out of the question.

Nice going, Uribe, I must say.

markopat
07-28-2007, 12:03 AM

INR...No Churro??????

:-)

Grzegorz
07-28-2007, 05:18 AM
Scotty Dangerous has cost Garland a win earlier this year. At least the ball didn't hit him on the head this time. That may be why we got the win.

It sounded on the radio as if that ball should have been caught.

Oh well, all's well that ends well.

White Sox win!

KyWhiSoxFan
07-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Only 25 posts after a win. I guess that says something.

I think everyone would rather discuss the trades they want the Sox to make. And I sure hope they do make some trades to get rid of some payroll (i.e., Contreras) so they have some room to maneuver this winter.

southside rocks
07-28-2007, 08:23 AM
I listened to the game on the radio; Farmio had Moose Skowron in the booth for an inning, and there was some good/funny conversation with him. Gosh, that guy sounds wonderful, and he talks about the 1950's and 1960's like it was yesterday. Makes me feel young! :tongue:

The game -- now the team looks like it's in 'getting it done' mode, finally, and I hope that's true. I am really excited about Wasserman, but of course the bullpen this year has overall been so horrible that I'm only cautiously excited. But -- he looks good, I like what he's shown us so far!

Garland pitched well, had his sinker working it sounded like, and since the trade deadline is in everyone's thoughts this weekend, I'll say that I really hope the Sox don't part with JG.

I'm going tonight, will see the Buehrle/Halliday matchup. Hope MB wins this one for Jamie and Braden!

alohafri
07-28-2007, 09:22 AM

Even I could have thrown Frank Thomas out at home on a single to left with Frank running from second!

palehozenychicty
07-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Read the boxscore. Hopefully Dye can get us a shortstop, as his bat as finally woken up. Nice win! The Richar era can begin in earnest.

upperdeckusc
07-28-2007, 09:38 AM
I just got home form the game. This is the kind of game I like. Great pitching, some interesting ways to get on base, and a close WIN for the WHITE SOX!!! :D: Miss Iguchi, however. I did get nervous when Wassermann was pitching all over the place.

It was nice to sit with Brokks tonight. Talked to him about some new ideas.

As I have said over the past couple of days: When Pods Is In, SOX WIN!!!

if i recall, hawk and DJ were speculating that they wanted him to be careful because the guys he was facing were pretty dangerous, and 1st base was open. it was almost working to his benefit, as he was throwing all these balls out of that funky motion, then threw a couple in the strikezone and they had no idea what to do with it. i really hope he's a keeper. you gotta love when a young kid steps up and does his job. :gulp:

MCHSoxFan
07-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Only 25 posts after a win. I guess that says something.

I think everyone would rather discuss the trades they want the Sox to make. And I sure hope they do make some trades to get rid of some payroll (i.e., Contreras) so they have some room to maneuver this winter.

I hate this. We get a nice win and look... I think it is because Iguchi was traded. everyone is on that thread or the Iguchi appreciation thread. Just my guess.

MCHSoxFan
07-28-2007, 10:36 AM
if i recall, hawk and DJ were speculating that they wanted him to be careful because the guys he was facing were pretty dangerous, and 1st base was open. it was almost working to his benefit, as he was throwing all these balls out of that funky motion, then threw a couple in the strikezone and they had no idea what to do with it. i really hope he's a keeper. you gotta love when a young kid steps up and does his job. :gulp:

Yes, I see your point. I did not get to here Hawk and DJ because I was at the game. Still, I see what you are saying.