PDA

View Full Version : Utley out 4-6 Weeks

y2j2785
07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Per Rotoworld:

Chase Utley suffered a broken hand when he was hit by a John Lannan pitch on Thursday and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

This is a HUGE blow to their playoff chances. :(:

getonbckthr
07-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Per Rotoworld:

This is a HUGE blow to their playoff chances. :(:
And suddenly a buyer for Tadahito Iguchi enters the ring. Between Stach and now Utley going down maybe we can those 2 teams going after Iguchi.

South Side Irish
07-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Another non-Cubbie NL contender sees a key injury. Are the stars lining up or what?

South Side Irish
07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
And suddenly a buyer for Tadahito Iguchi enters the ring.

Steve Stone just mentioned Jose Valentin got hurt, and is out longer.

Let the bidding war begin.... this could turn out real well for us, all of a sudden!

Jjav829
07-26-2007, 06:15 PM
That son of a ***** John Lannan. :cuss:

Mr. White Sox
07-26-2007, 07:30 PM
That son of a ***** John Lannan. :cuss:

I know, my fantasy team in my other league (I was in 1st) is ruined.

Rookie Nationals pitchers are evil incarnate.

EMel9281
07-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Let the Iguchi for Aaron Roward trade speculation/rumors begin!

oeo
07-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Let the Iguchi for Aaron Roward trade speculation/rumors begin!

Rowand will be a free agent...

Shane Victorino or Michael Bourn, and we're talking.

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 07:54 PM

FWIW, so is Iguchi...

oeo
07-26-2007, 07:56 PM
FWIW, so is Iguchi...

I understand, but we're not buyers. It's a different situation for Philly if they need a 2B.

OTOH, why would we trade for Rowand right now? :?:

DumpJerry
07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Lannan got the heave ho in the game for, in part, hitting Utley. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90837)

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I understand, but we're not buyers. It's a different situation for Philly if they need a 2B.

OTOH, why would we trade for Rowand right now? :?:

I'm not advocating such a trade. I'm not even advocating trying to pursue Rowand, even as a free agent, as I think there are better OF options.

But, IF the Sox were convinced that Richar could replace Iguchi, and IF the Sox really wanted Rowand back long-term, and IF the Phillies were willing to part with Rowand to get Iguchi, it might be an interesting trade idea. That way, the Sox already would have Rowand and wouldn't have to give up a draft pick to sign him as a free agent.

Again, I'm not advocating bringing back Rowand. But if the Sox wanted him back, that's not a bad way to get him back.

soxinem1
07-26-2007, 10:17 PM
To both NYM and PHI:

We have three 2B you can choose from.

Alex Cintron
Tadahito Iguchi
Juan Uribe

Need a starter? We've got Jose Contreras for you too!!

C'mon Omar, kill two birds with one stone. Contreras and one of the three 2B for Aaron Heilman.

jabrch
07-26-2007, 11:39 PM
C'mon Omar, kill two birds with one stone. Contreras and one of the three 2B for Aaron Heilman.

Heilman? Why would they trade him if they are going for it this year? And why would we want a guy who is entering his arbitration years?

If we are dealing with the Mets, we should be looking at Gomez, Martinez, Humber and Pelfrey. Maybe Milledge... But Heilman is a key piece to them this year - he aint going nowhere.

palehozenychicty
07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Heilman? Why would they trade him if they are going for it this year? And why would we want a guy who is entering his arbitration years?

If we are dealing with the Mets, we should be looking at Gomez, Martinez, Humber and Pelfrey. Maybe Milledge... But Heilman is a key piece to them this year - he aint going nowhere.

They won't trade him this season, but he could be had in the offseason. He hasn't been as consisent and he's wanted to be a starter for years. I doubt that could happen now, but he's got a great change. I'd love to have him on the Sox, and he's a Golden Domer. :D:

jenn2080
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I know, my fantasy team in my other league (I was in 1st) is ruined.

Rookie Nationals pitchers are evil incarnate.

Mine too. ***. I picked up Gooch since he was still out there.

On top of it, Utley was one of my favorite players and was going to see him play on Monday. :(:

soxfan13
07-27-2007, 10:40 AM

Shane Victorino or Michael Bourn, and we're talking.

Beat me to it I like that idea:gulp:

getonbckthr
07-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Apparently you can add the Fathers into the Iguchi derby.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20070727-9999-1s27padnotes.html

oeo
07-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Apparently you can add the Fathers into the Iguchi derby.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20070727-9999-1s27padnotes.html

San Diego doesn't interest me at all. They don't have much...unless they're willing to deal Greene, which wouldn't make sense right now.

I see us matching up with them better than the Astros, though, because the Astros can command more for Loretta (having a much better season, plus he can play every infield position). The Padres do not have much to deal, and may use Iguchi as their back-up plan.

VenturaFan23
07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
On top of it, Utley was one of my favorite players and was going to see him play on Monday. :(:

Mine too. He's been on my championship teams the past two years. My man crush on him knows no bounds. :redface:

jenn2080
07-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Mine too. He's been on my championship teams the past two years. My man crush on him knows no bounds. :redface:

That sounds like my brother and his love from Cole Hammel. While we were in Philly that was all I heard about. Oh Cole. Thankfully he pitched while we we there so his love was fufilled. :tongue:

I am still so angry that Utley is out. :whiner::angry:

The Dude
07-27-2007, 04:45 PM
That sounds like my brother and his love from Cole Hammel. While we were in Philly that was all I heard about. Oh Cole. Thankfully he pitched while we we there so his love was fufilled. :tongue:

I am still so angry that Utley is out. :whiner::angry:

No fear, just pick up his replacement....Gooch!:D:

getonbckthr
07-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Guess I was right:D: