PDA

View Full Version : 2008 SS: Miggy Tejada?

getonbckthr
07-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I mentioned this in the Eckstein thread but I figured I would start a fresh thread for it. Miguel Tejada could and should be someone Kenny should target this offseason. First the proposal:
Sox get- Miggy and cash (2 million a season)
Bal get- Anderson, Broadway, Floyd, Getz and maybe Rogowski
My basis for this offer is this Baltimore is a team going no where until after 08 or 09 ( I forgot which season) where they will free up something like 65-70% of their payroll. Word is the price for Miggy is 3-4 MLB ready prospects. In this deal they would get Anderson who would replace Patterson, Rogowski who has been blocked by way of Konerko/Thomas and now Konerko/Thome, 2 young and potentially good SP's in Floyd and Broadway and Getz who if they feel is ready could move in at SS and if he needs an extra year they could slide Mora back to what I believe is his natural position. They would give us 2 million a year but would free up roughly 10 million in salary. Their rotation would be young and promising with Floyd, Broadway added to Cabrera and Bedard and Adam Loewen.
From the Sox view of things they would get a great replacement to Uribe and a bat to fill the void left by Dye. With Tejada at SS I would be ok with Sweeney in RF and Owens manning CF. If Crede is ready he takes 3B and Fields can take LF. If not this is the only scenario where I can feel comfortable with a (oh my god what am I saying here) Rowand or Byrnes in LF. Go Richar at 2B, PK at 1B, AJ-C and Thome DH. Salary wise we should be ok cause ya we would add 11 million with Tejada but off the books would be Uribe, Pods, Erstad, Contreras, Dye, and Iguchi. Hopefully Gio would be ready for the 5th spot.
What do you guys think? Would you approve that Sox lineup? Would that be enough for Baltimore?

oeo
07-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I mentioned this in the Eckstein thread but I figured I would start a fresh thread for it. Miguel Tejada could and should be someone Kenny should target this offseason. First the proposal:
Sox get- Miggy and cash (2 million a season)
Bal get- Anderson, Broadway, Floyd, Getz and maybe Rogowski
My basis for this offer is this Baltimore is a team going no where until after 08 or 09 ( I forgot which season) where they will free up something like 65-70% of their payroll. Word is the price for Miggy is 3-4 MLB ready prospects. In this deal they would get Anderson who would replace Patterson, Rogowski who has been blocked by way of Konerko/Thomas and now Konerko/Thome, 2 young and potentially good SP's in Floyd and Broadway and Getz who if they feel is ready could move in at SS and if he needs an extra year they could slide Mora back to what I believe is his natural position. They would give us 2 million a year but would free up roughly 10 million in salary. Their rotation would be young and promising with Floyd, Broadway added to Cabrera and Bedard and Adam Loewen.
From the Sox view of things they would get a great replacement to Uribe and a bat to fill the void left by Dye. With Tejada at SS I would be ok with Sweeney in RF and Owens manning CF. If Crede is ready he takes 3B and Fields can take LF. If not this is the only scenario where I can feel comfortable with a (oh my god what am I saying here) Rowand or Byrnes in LF. Go Richar at 2B, PK at 1B, AJ-C and Thome DH. Salary wise we should be ok cause ya we would add 11 million with Tejada but off the books would be Uribe, Pods, Erstad, Contreras, Dye, and Iguchi. Hopefully Gio would be ready for the 5th spot.
What do you guys think? Would you approve that Sox lineup? Would that be enough for Baltimore?

I think that it would be great if we could get Tejada for that crap. It's not going to happen, though.

upperdeckusc
07-26-2007, 05:33 PM
I think that it would be great if we could get Tejada for that crap. It's not going to happen, though.

yea it just depends on how highly they think of those prospects. if we could pull that deal off without having to give away gio/egbert, it could be worth looking into. maybe they'd like russell more than broadway. if the end result is miggy and them paying some of his contract, why not. again, this is probably a 99% longshot, but its interesting to think about....
another idea i've been contemplating is other SS in the majors that are on teams that have serviceable backups or young kids ready to take that roll. right away, i think of braves and angels. i'd love to get either erick aybar or renteria/escobar if it didnt cost us garland. i dont think aybar would require too much of a bounty. he can play the position and has alotta speed too. the dodgers come to mind as well with furcal and that hu kid in the minors. just some other ideas for SS for next yr....

getonbckthr
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM

yea it just depends on how highly they think of those prospects. if we could pull that deal off without having to give away gio/egbert, it could be worth looking into. maybe they'd like russell more than broadway. if the end result is miggy and them paying some of his contract, why not. again, this is probably a 99% longshot, but its interesting to think about....
another idea i've been contemplating is other SS in the majors that are on teams that have serviceable backups or young kids ready to take that roll. right away, i think of braves and angels. i'd love to get either erick aybar or renteria/escobar if it didnt cost us garland. i dont think aybar would require too much of a bounty. he can play the position and has alotta speed too. the dodgers come to mind as well with furcal and that hu kid in the minors. just some other ideas for SS for next yr....
I will admit I know plenty about the Sox as far as the minors i'm for the most part in the dark and those are the names i'm familiar with.

WhiteSox5187
07-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Someone mentioned Renteria, I'd like to get him so long as it doesn't cost us Garland...I WOULD be willing to part with Gio, Floyd or Masset (along with a couple of other guys) for Renteria...I don't think that Baltimore would take that deal, but then again, never underestimate the stupidity of Peter Angelos...although I don't think he wants to part with the building block of his organization, even though they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Tragg
07-26-2007, 07:12 PM
We need some quality youth. A young SS; a young CF
We have plenty of 30-35 year old veterans.

jabrch
07-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Tejada is just about ready to move to 3B, 1B or DH. He's no longer even an average SS.

I'd love to have him, 5 years ago. I'd like to have him now. But I am not willing to pay the price that he'd cost today.

JorgeFabregas
07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Rogowski is not an MLB-ready prospect or any kind of prospect. His OPS is .649 this year in Charlotte. That's terrible for a first baseman. Broadway is considered a low-ceiling guy at this point. Floyd's stock has to be down right now. Anderson is injured and his future is uncertain. He's too old to be considered a top prospect at this point. The Orioles would be lucky to have one or two of the four you mentioned pan out as a decent player. A trade would have to involve juicier prospects than that.

Over By There
07-27-2007, 08:24 AM
I'd love to have him, 5 years ago. I'd like to have him now. But I am not willing to pay the price that he'd cost today.

This I agree with. I'd be a bit worried about Tejada's vaunted offensive production. Don't get me wrong, he can still hit, but what would worry me is that he's been mentioned here and there on the fringe of the steriod controversy, and his power numbers have been on the decline for the past couple seasons. I'd be surprised if he ever returns to the type of numbers he put up back in 2002 or 2004.

JB98
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Why would Baltimore want a bunch of guys who suck for Tejada?

You can't acquire an All-Star by packaging together a group of bad players. You have to give something to get something.