PDA

View Full Version : Juan Uribe is coming to Glen Ellyn!!!

uribefan54
07-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Juan Uribe will be signing autographs at the U.S Cellular store in Glen Ellyn store on Aug.7th. The store is located at 720 W. Roosevelt Rd.

NSSoxFan
07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Juan Uribe will be signing autographs at the U.S Cellular store in Glen Ellyn store on Aug.7th. The store is located at 720 W. Roosevelt Rd.

Juan, is that you? :D:

getonbckthr
07-26-2007, 05:36 PM
The man has balls.:D:

lostfan
07-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Uribe is like public enemy no. 1 among Sox fans.

upperdeckusc
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM

willing he be signing $100 bills and giving them to the fans? in that case.....i'll think about

JB98
07-26-2007, 05:45 PM

At least Juan contributed to a World Series team.

I would think Ryan Bukvich, Mike MacDougal and assorted other relievers would be bigger enemies than Juan Uribe.

chaerulez
07-26-2007, 06:24 PM

I would think Ryan Bukvich, Mike MacDougal and assorted other relievers would be bigger enemies than Juan Uribe.

A career "AAAA" player who only played this season because others couldn't get the job done should be an enemy to Sox fans? Not to mention he didn't have any expectations. It's not like he made the team after spring training with an important role on the team. But doesn't Bukvich have a ERA under 4?

Frontman
07-26-2007, 06:25 PM

I disagree. Those guys are AAA for a reason, Juan actually played in a freakin' world series and still acts as if he's still learning on the job.

JB98
07-26-2007, 06:35 PM
A career "AAAA" player who only played this season because others couldn't get the job done should be an enemy to Sox fans? Not to mention he didn't have any expectations. It's not like he made the team after spring training with an important role on the team. But doesn't Bukvich have a ERA under 4?

Bukvich lets inherited runners score left and right. He's a crappy relief pitcher, just like everyone else in the pen besides Jenks.

You're the same guy who said the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are a better team than the White Sox this year, so I take everything you say with a grain of salt.

lostfan
07-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Bukvich lets inherited runners score left and right. He's a crappy relief pitcher, just like everyone else in the pen besides Jenks.

You're the same guy who said the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are a better team than the White Sox this year, so I take everything you say with a grain of salt.
It's not like there's never been a point this year that completely justifies a statement like that. Sweeping them in Tampa kept that dubious label of "worst team in the MLB" away from the Sox, but before that it was up in the air for a while.

JB98
07-26-2007, 07:10 PM
It's not like there's never been a point this year that completely justifies a statement like that. Sweeping them in Tampa kept that dubious label of "worst team in the MLB" away from the Sox, but before that it was up in the air for a while.

I said we were better than the Devil Rays before we swept them.

People act like this is the worst White Sox team ever or something. It's bad, but it isn't that bad. Certainly not Devil Ray bad.

lostfan
07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I said we were better than the Devil Rays before we swept them.

People act like this is the worst White Sox team ever or something. It's bad, but it isn't that bad. Certainly not Devil Ray bad.
I mean yeah, that's clear now. But there was a point during the season that I was too embarrassed to watch the team. It was pathetic. Outside of that, now the team looks like a .500 club, which I hope they can do.

JB98
07-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I mean yeah, that's clear now. But there was a point during the season that I was too embarrassed to watch the team. It was pathetic. Outside of that, now the team looks like a .500 club, which I hope they can do.

Sure, it was terrible in June. But you're never as bad as you look when everything is going wrong.

This is a lousy Sox team, but we're not going to lose 100 games like the Devil Rays or some of the Kansas City teams of recent vintage.

People get prone to overstatement when things are going either exceptionally well or exceptionally poor.

Brian26
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Do you know what time this is scheduled for?

Also, is there a website showing all of the US Cellular signings around the area?

esbrechtel
07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
juan is one of the few players from 05 that i need could we get some more info?

Brian26
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
juan is one of the few players from 05 that i need could we get some more info?

Right- notwithstanding the possible onslaught of the anti-autograph collecting crew here, I need to know about this. Uribe's auto is very difficult to get, and the way he's playing he probably won't be here next year.

esbrechtel
07-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Right- notwithstanding the possible onslaught of the anti-autograph collecting crew here, I need to know about this. Uribe's auto is very difficult to get, and the way he's playing he probably won't be here next year.
that was basically what I was trying to say in not so many words....

UserNameBlank
07-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Juan will probably sign the first half of his name legibly and just mail in the second half...

Juan Ur--------------------ah, **** it.

Thanks, Juan!:redneck

julio-cruz
07-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Will he have his bee-bee gun? :tongue:Might be some P.O.'d Sox fans showing up.

HotelWhiteSox
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
It's not like he's costing us games. He's not helping, and there was maybe one big mistake where he was lazy on D a week ago, the season was long gone before that though, I still appreciate the 05 contribution. We know the World Series, but let's not forget the Cleveland series, "JOEEE CREEEDE!" wouldn't have been possible without his plays, who knows if we even make the playoffs

GregO23
07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
uribe might not even be on the team on Aug 7

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
uribe might not even be on the team on Aug 7
Argghhhh!!!

:tealpolice:

BainesHOF
07-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Can he stay in Glen Ellyn?

Nellie_Fox
07-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Uribe is like public enemy no. 1 among Sox fans.Don't presume to speak for all Sox fans. I'm not pleased with Uribe's play, and I think the Sox can definitely get better at that position, but he's not public enemy #1.

C-Dawg
07-27-2007, 05:50 AM

I'm looking for a roommate.

salty99
07-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Aug. 7th 11AM-12:30PM

esbrechtel
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Aug. 7th 11AM-12:30PM
is there somewhere we can get all of the information?

lostfan
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Don't presume to speak for all Sox fans. I'm not pleased with Uribe's play, and I think the Sox can definitely get better at that position, but he's not public enemy #1.
Reading this board and others could've fooled me...

jdm2662
07-27-2007, 11:55 AM

Well, certainly not all Sox fans. There are plenty of things to top someone's list. However, if there was a position player that I want off the team, it would be Uribe. I will be one unhappy camper if he is on the team next year. And to be honost, I really don't care who his replacement is.

Gammons Peter
07-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Juan Uribe is coming to Glen Ellyn!!!

Hide Ho-Ho's and Ding Dongs

miker
07-27-2007, 08:10 PM
What's the autograph-signing equivalent of popping out with runners in scoring position?

getonbckthr
07-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Is he paying us for these autographs?

StillMissOzzie
07-27-2007, 08:34 PM
is there somewhere we can get all of the information?

I suspect that, as uribefan54 just signed up for WSI to make that announcement, they probably work at that USC store and had some inside scoopage.

SMO
:gulp:

oldcomiskey
07-29-2007, 08:07 AM
maybe he will get traded to glen ellyn. Or maybe for Glen Ellyn--or Glen Campbell or Ellen Degeneres

A. Cavatica
07-29-2007, 08:21 AM
I hope he does well for Glen Ellyn.

Who'd we get for him?

Standing Ovation
07-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Yes, Uribe blows right now, but for crying out loud, his name will be forever tied to the greatest radio call in White Sox history...

"Ground ball, past Jenks, up the middle of the infield, URIBE has it, he throws, OUT! OUT! a White Sox winner and a World Championship!"

bryPt
07-29-2007, 10:15 AM

NO THANK YOU, I don't want him here. Can't we send him to the north side somewhere, like say Wrigley?

bryPt
07-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I hope he does well for Glen Ellyn.

Who'd we get for him?

I believe we picked up reliever from the KC team.

heck, these standings look a lot like the bigs right now:

http://glenellynbaseball.com/a_standings.html

Glen Ellyn is considered Wrigleyville West, so they load up all the good kids on the Cubs team. If you are ever in downtown GE, look at the store front of Soukup's TrueValue Hardware, it will make you vomit. I drive by it and want to throw bricks through their windows:

http://www.blue-echoes.com/losers-1.jpg

needless to say, I live 5 blocks from that place and if I needed a $0.15 rubber washer ro stop my basement from being flooded and having my house wash away, I would be heading to Home Depot 6 miles away then give Soukup's my $0.15.

oh yeah, this is also the town that cut a Cubs logo into some flowers at the city hall during Sept. 2005.

ArkanSox
07-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Woo-hoo! I'm booking my flight schedule as I type this. :?:

Brian26
07-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Glen Ellyn is considered Wrigleyville West, so they load up all the good kids on the Cubs team. If you are ever in downtown GE, look at the store front of Soukup's TrueValue Hardware, it will make you vomit. I drive by it and want to throw bricks through their windows:

http://www.blue-echoes.com/losers-1.jpg

Instead of hanging out at Yakzies, the 60-yr old GE trixies hang out at the local True Value. That's classic.

C-Dawg
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Glen Ellyn is considered Wrigleyville West, so they load up all the good kids on the Cubs team. If you are ever in downtown GE, look at the store front of Soukup's TrueValue Hardware, it will make you vomit.

There is a house on Hill Avenue that flies the "W" flag whether the Cubs win or lose. I'm a stickler for accuracy, so one of these days I might ring their doorbell and ask them to put up the "L" flag after the Cubs lose.

I admit I didn't know about the flowers.

HerzogVon
07-30-2007, 10:41 AM
>>Soukup's TrueValue Hardware<<

Soukup? Sounds like something the late Jim Finks might have contemplated. ( "Finks as in sphinx..." ) Yeah, dat's right, Jack!

soxinem1
07-30-2007, 11:18 AM
When I first read the title to this thread I thought he was sold to some Independent league team.

Then I tried to remember if Glen Ellyn even had one....

I'm sure all 32 people who show up will be glad to get his autograph. But at 3.07/gallon, I'll spend the gas money on my vacation.

bryPt
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
I went into Soukup's a few years ago when we just moved in and asked if they sold an L flag, the owner said "why would we want to sell that?" I laughed, tipped my world series cap and said "maybe you should, there are sox fans in GE." and he said "nah, not enough to make any money on." Okay Einstein.

BainesHOF
07-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Soukup's number is Mod edit: Don't use this board to encourage harassing phone calls. I know I'm real late to this and lots of people have already seen it, (and I know it's in the phone book) but don't do it again. And I moved to the WTS for making it about the Cubs and Cubs fans. Have fun. Be creative, folks.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I just called the store and talked to one of the associates who said yes, he is signing autographs tomorrow. He says he doesnt think there's gunna be a ridiculous line because they havent give it that much publicity. 11AM-12:30 I think.

palehozenychicty
08-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Ask him why he swings at pitches above his head all the time.

eriqjaffe
08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Ask him why he swings at pitches above his head all the time. Just don't get too close to his car.

WSox4life
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
I believe we picked up reliever from the KC team.

heck, these standings look a lot like the bigs right now:

http://glenellynbaseball.com/a_standings.html

Glen Ellyn is considered Wrigleyville West, so they load up all the good kids on the Cubs team. If you are ever in downtown GE, look at the store front of Soukup\'s TrueValue Hardware, it will make you vomit. I drive by it and want to throw bricks through their windows:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/

needless to say, I live 5 blocks from that place and if I needed a $0.15 rubber washer ro stop my basement from being flooded and having my house wash away, I would be heading to Home Depot 6 miles away then give Soukup\'s my $0.15.

oh yeah, this is also the town that cut a Cubs logo into some flowers at the city hall during Sept. 2005.

Whats with the flag? They vote Republican too?

Nice play by Juan yesterday

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Whats with the flag? They vote Republican too?

Nice play by Juan yesterdayAnd it wasn't even the political hijack that got you banned (although it would have.) Your first day back, and you are already showing why you got banned under your original screen name.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I just got back from the Auto signing. It actually wasnt that bad; the worst part was waiting in the sticky heat for 35-40 minutes while the line crawled. I felt honored to shake the hand that made the final out of the 05 World Series :D:. Toby Hall is gunna be there tomorrow...not sure if its worth the drive out..:?:

Chez
08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
I've never understood the fascination with autographs -- especially if you're older than 14. I wouldn't mind meeting and talking to Toby Hall for 5 minutes, but why would anyone want his autograph?

AnkleSox
08-07-2007, 01:35 PM
My feelings exactly.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I dunno, I guess its just something really cool that you can always have and say u have. I like collecting any kind of Sox stuff I can get my hands on; it's just a hobby of mine. Forgot to mention that I also won a pair of Sox tix for answering "How many carreer home runs does Uribe have" correctly

StillMissOzzie
08-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I dunno, I guess its just something really cool that you can always have and say u have. I like collecting any kind of Sox stuff I can get my hands on; it's just a hobby of mine. Forgot to mention that I also won a pair of Sox tix for answering "How many carreer home runs does Uribe have" correctly

Congratulations! I must have been maybe 10-15 bodies behind you in that dreadful heat and humidity. Our question was, what was Uribe's current batting average? Someone else nailed it, I was a few points off.

SMO
:mad:

esbrechtel
08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Congratulations! I must have been maybe 10-15 bodies behind you in that dreadful heat and humidity. Our question was, what was Uribe's current batting average? Someone else nailed it, I was a few points off.

SMO
I would have nailed questions about his playing....our question was what are his kids names?!?! That seems stalkerish to know that...

salty99
08-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Brian26 and I were there as well. It looks like the first few people in line (ie the dealers) were hauling off tons of signed 16x20 Uribe WS catch photos. They then jumped back in line with people they knew about 10 people behind us. By the time it got to us the limit was 2 per person. I was also in the group with the question how many career homers does Uribe have. Actually the winner came from a person who wasn't even in our group but they took the answer anyway.

OH and another friend who was there with me had a game-used bat of Juan's he got at Soxfest garage sale. Juan refused to inscribe WS Champs on it. OH well.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Brian26 and I were there as well. It looks like the first few people in line (ie the dealers) were hauling off tons of signed 16x20 Uribe WS catch photos. They then jumped back in line with people they knew about 10 people behind us. By the time it got to us the limit was 2 per person. I was also in the group with the question how many career homers does Uribe have. Actually the winner came from a person who wasn't even in our group but they took the answer anyway.

OH and another friend who was there with me had a game-used bat of Juan's he got at Soxfest garage sale. Juan refused to inscribe WS Champs on it. OH well.

I think it was me..:redface: I answered 96 carreer homers and got the tickets

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-07-2007, 11:41 PM

SMO

Yeah, same here.

salty99
08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Toby Hall tomorrow in Aurora from 11-12:30 and on Friday Garland in Schaumburg same time both at US Cell stores.

Brian26
08-07-2007, 11:57 PM

You forgot to mention the very awkward moment that happened. A guy had a game used ball that he claimed was a foul ball off Uribe's bat from a couple of weeks ago (and I have no reason to doubt him). He wanted Uribe to inscribe it with the date of the foul ball (something like 7-6-07). Uribe didn't understand what the guy was asking for. I don't know how limited Uribe's English is, but it was creepy seeing this guy beg Uribe to put down the numbers, and Uribe was having a hard time understanding what to do or what to write.

I was happy to get two Uribe autographs. I don't quite understand the need for people to get back into line to get more auto's unless they're selling the stuff, which is just completely uncool and also a waste of time since it's Uribe (for pete's sake). I collect these for my personal enjoyment.

salty99
08-08-2007, 12:01 AM
You forgot to mention the very awkward moment that happened. A guy had a game used ball that he claimed was a foul ball off Uribe's bat from a couple of weeks ago (and I have no reason to doubt him). He wanted Uribe to inscribe it with the date of the foul ball (something like 7-6-07). Uribe didn't understand what the guy was asking for. I don't know how limited Uribe's English is, but it was creepy seeing this guy beg Uribe to put down the numbers, and Uribe was having a hard time understanding what to do or what to write.

I was happy to get two Uribe autographs. I don't quite understand the need for people to get back into line to get more auto's unless they're selling the stuff, which is just completely uncool and also a waste of time since it's Uribe (for pete's sake). I collect these for my personal enjoyment.

I have sold 9000 Uribe autos for a 90,000 profit. I am now rich off Uribe! :gulp: My next goal is to make 100,000 off of Ehren Wassermann!

Yeah the guy should have written down what he wanted beforehand on a piece of paper and then have Juan just copy it.

StillMissOzzie
08-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Toby Hall tomorrow in Aurora from 11-12:30 and on Friday Garland in Schaumburg same time both at US Cell stores.

Got the address for the Garland appearance in Schaumburg?

SMO
:?:

BainesHOF
08-08-2007, 02:47 AM

The guy was right behind me, but I didn't see him asking as I was busy putting my stuff away after I got it signed. I warned him that Uribe probably wouldn't understand, but apparently that didn't stop him.

Since the line was short toward the end and Uribe was there until 12:30 p.m. anyway, I went back to the end and got two more. I got a game-used hat and three different photos signed. All are for my collection, which will someday be fully displayed in all its glory. I've been obtaining what I can now of the 2005 players. As we've seen, they won't be around here forever.

In my view, it's pathetic so see the same clowns dump lots of stuff in front of players at free signings simply to sell. The dead giveaway is they get multiples signed of the same item. I still remember a Podsednik appearance at the Chicago Auto Show when he bit his lip (he, after all, was getting paid for the appearance) and signed for these two-bit dealers and hustlers with a look of disgust while there was a long line of people behind them. I believe that is one reason why Podsednik, who used to be friendly toward autograph seekers at the park, has since become reluctant and suspicious of fans who ask for his autograph.

bryPt
08-08-2007, 06:24 AM
Nobody went shopping at Soukup's afterward? They put out more cub crap in the windows, but they also put a 2005 White Sox flag out as well. Of course, it is right behind a hot water heater and you basically have to be in the front display case to see it.`

salty99
08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Got the address for the Garland appearance in Schaumburg?

SMO
:?:

Woodfield mall

chisoxwschamps05
08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I was there as well, and our question was his single season high in batting average. Who would of thought that he hit .300 his rookie year?

Well anyways, he was a nice guy even though he doesn't speak much english, and signed my Uribe jersey exactly where I wanted it.

Randar68
08-08-2007, 11:19 AM

So, did he swing at the first person in line, much like every at-bat the past 2 seasons?

eriqjaffe
08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
I was there as well, and our question was his single season high in batting average. Who would of thought that he hit .300 his rookie year?Well, it was in Colorado - 13.4% of his hits were triples!