PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Speed Kills - Go Pods Go! Sox win 4-3

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Awesome!

Sox take 3 of 5 from the Tigers. Alas, what could have been!

roylestillman
07-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Pods in....

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 03:51 PM
With speed like Pods, first base is "scoring position." :D:

Mr.1Dog
07-26-2007, 03:52 PM
:bandance: Kick ass...I was just making some copies and I thought for sure the game was going into atleast 10. I love when Pods is healthy.

voodoochile
Yeah, Baby!

:winner

Nice way to win the game...

kidmccarthy
Danks was solid. Fields gets it done with the bunt, and Pods with the wheels. Lets win series more often! Oh yeah, Our bullpen was sick again.

balke
Hehe, I missed Pods. So did the Sox.

QCIASOXFAN
07-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Pods is back the season is saved!:bandance:

stl_sox_fan
Wow, I was waiting for Gameday to say what happened. Nice job.
And another good note...another game where the bullpen does not allow a run. Gotta crawl before you walk...

Frater Perdurabo
If it wasn't for the giant steaming pile the Sox made during interleague play (4-14 record), they could be in the thick of things. Sigh.

GAsoxfan
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Aside from the Boston game, Wassermann has been very impressive. That's four out of five where he's come in and not given up a run (three of those outings were an inning or more).

Patrick134
Great game, huge series win. Good to see the Tigers displaying the same fine infield pitching bunt defense that helped them so much in the World series last year.

thomas35forever
14-7 with Pods in the lineup? I dunno. Maybe we should keep him around next year.

chisoxwschamps05
Everything's so much better when the Sox win!! I shouldn't have screamed so much during that last play, though. Oh well, SOX WIN!!

FielderJones
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Danks was solid. Fields gets it done with the bunt, and Pods with the wheels. Lets win series more often! Oh yeah, Our bullpen was sick again.

Nice win, but I think we were lucky that Miner can't throw. I had little hope in Cintron or Owens to get the clutch base hit.

Frater Perdurabo
Even though a high draft pick would be nice, I'd much rather have the Sox play well and win some games like this for the rest of the season, to give them some confidence going into next year.

Good play during the second half of 1989 - after a disgusting and abysmal first half - served as a foundation for the success the Sox had in 1990.

jsg-07
Man I wish Pods was not injury prone.. What a waste of talent to not have him for a full season.

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
14-7 with Pods in the lineup? I dunno. Maybe we should keep him around next year.

Pods is the Sox version of Jim McMahon.

goon
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Wow, just saw the highlight... Hawk sounded like he was having a stroke!

**** the Tigers.

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2007, 03:58 PM
That's what I've been thinking for a while now. If there's anyone that should go, it should be Erstad. He can't get into the heads of the opposition like Pods can!

Did you guys know that this was our first walk-off win since MAY 25TH (against Tampa), which was just about the end of the "good times" of the season? It's about time!

jsg-07
07-26-2007, 03:58 PM

If he could remain healthy for the rest of this year and be the "pre all-star 2005" Pods I would love to see him back again. Unfortunately, its one of those "how many times are you going to let that dog bite you?" situations.

TDog
07-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't know what happened because I can only follow the game by descriptions available on the Internet, but it looks like the Tigers need bullpen help.

It's Time
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Pods is the keys to the car. He starts the car, the White Sox go places. If he hands the keys off to someone else, the driver gets lost. He's gotta come back next year,

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd like to keep Pods, as long as the Sox have plenty of legitimate options to back him up and don't count on him to play 130+ games.

He's a valuable weapon to keep in the arsenal.

October26
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
This was a good win - the Sox did everything right: pitching, defense, and hitting. We see why Ozzie desperately wants speed on our team. Baseball is an exciting game when the element of speed is present. And even the threat of a bunt makes everybody nervous. Today, we saw what speed and bunting (although I know we still suck at it) can do. It is great to have Scotty back! Sox win!
We're still 10 games under 500 but this was an exciting win. :D:

Patrick134
07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know what happened because I can only follow the game by descriptions available on the Internet, but it looks like the Tigers need bullpen help.

Zumayas been hurt, and , although i haven't checked his stats lately, Rodney had an awful first half. And either one of those guys, when going good, are way better than Todd Jones.

chisox77
White Sox look a little more interested as well. Some more energy. Solid pitching. Very nice win - 3 out of 5 from Tigers is a good start, at least on the way back to respectability.

:cool:

palehozenychicty
As I said, we still own the Tigers and it's a beautiful thing. :D:

If only Pods could play full-time....:(:

munchman33
07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm coming around to the thoughts of Pods again next year. Even though he's injury prone, he's very valuable. Just let Owens keep playing. That way, we go Pods-Owens 1-2, and when Pods gets hurt, we still have a speedy guy at the top.

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
You would of thought that the Tiger pitchers would have spent a lot of time practicing how to throw to bases after last years WS. E1=Sox winner!:smile:

Droso5
07-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Pods goes opposite fields, Big Josh lays down a solid bunt and then speed kills on the throw-away. Plus, John Danks proves that he can pitch pretty well...it was against the Tigers you know.

And the call by Hawk at the end was pretty friggin' sweet. I think he was releasing his pent up rage on that one.

balke
If he could remain healthy for the rest of this year and be the "pre all-star 2005" Pods I would love to see him back again. Unfortunately, its one of those "how many times are you going to let that dog bite you?" situations.

I honestly don't think there's another "dog" like that available. Especially not for the price.

This is what you gotta look at when you talk about veterans v. prospects or talent. Pods comes through when the Sox need him to, and its always been that way. It sucks he's been injured, but other players have had injuries for a stretch of years, only to be healthy for a few years. Its hit or miss, I don't think he's prone to the level that Erstad is.

Regardless, great to see 2 come from behind wins with him back in the lineup. Maybe its just chemistry.

champagne030
Nice win, but I think we were lucky that Miner can't throw. I had little hope in Cintron or Owens to get the clutch base hit.

The biggest reason they lost to the team representing AAAA in the World Series last season was their pitchers couldn't throw after fielding a bunt.

HotelWhiteSox
07-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Honestly I wouldn't mind Pods back. If Dye goes there's still room for the OF prospects (even though I'm not even sure some of them deserve it). Let's not forget Pablo, even if Pods goes down again, we'd normally not lose Pablo to some freak incident and he'd do a decent job filling in

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 04:06 PM
As bad as the offense has been at times, especially early on and especially without Pods, what's really killed this team this year has been the pen.

Even with Pods missing most of the year, I think they would be at .500 or above if the pen wasn't so terrible.

I think this team could be in the mix for the AL Central if they stood pat offensively - other than upgrading to Eckstein at shortstop - and just upgraded the pen.

Patrick134
07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
As bad as the offense has been at times, especially early on and especially without Pods, what's really killed this team this year has been the pen.

Even with Pods missing most of the year, I think they would be at .500 or above if the pen wasn't so terrible.

I think this team could be in the mix for the AL Central if they stood pat offensively - other than upgrading to Eckstein at shortstop - and just upgraded the pen.

Let's not forget that well into June/july, the team batting average has been around .230. That's pathetic, and it makes your pitchers have to be perfect too often.

puckereduppiet
07-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Wow, just saw the highlight... Hawk sounded like he was having a stroke!

**** the Tigers.

as for Hawk, I had to mute him he was sooo negative. Then I started chanting. LET'S GO SOX!!!
You can see the results for yourself.
SEND WHITE SOX THE LOVE!
Also I'm beside myself that PODS' is backkkkkk.
Watching the SOX has been electric against the Tigers!:supernana::dtroll::gulp::cool::D:

jsg-07
07-26-2007, 04:12 PM
I honestly don't think there's another "dog" like that available. Especially not for the price.

This is what you gotta look at when you talk about veterans v. prospects or talent. Pods comes through when the Sox need him to, and its always been that way. It sucks he's been injured, but other players have had injuries for a stretch of years, only to be healthy for a few years. Its hit or miss, I don't think he's prone to the level that Erstad is.

Regardless, great to see 2 come from behind wins with him back in the lineup. Maybe its just chemistry.

I agree completely its just a scary thought to think that we have to rely on him again and then he strains some leg muscle walking down the stairs. But, like another poster said, if they have a viable back up for him or even get the outfield stacked up enough to where it would not kill the team if Owens was his replacement for a few games a year then I would be all for it.

But in regards to your comments, I agree, there are not many players like him out there so its almost like you have to give it another shot, especially if you can do it again for $2-3 million.

kittle42
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
If it wasn't for the giant steaming pile the Sox made during interleague play (4-14 record), they could be in the thick of things. Sigh.

Not so sure about that. They'd still be like 10 out even if they improved a few games on that.

kittle42
07-26-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm coming around to the thoughts of Pods again next year. Even though he's injury prone, he's very valuable. Just let Owens keep playing. That way, we go Pods-Owens 1-2, and when Pods gets hurt, we still have a speedy guy at the top.

I don't understand the Owens love much like I don't understand the Haeger love around here.

palehozenychicty
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM

The question is whether Eckstein will be caught up in a bidding war. If so, then he ain't worth it. They should try to pry a ss from the angels, either Wood/Aybar/Cabrera. I mean, they are marinating! :tongue:

veeter
07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
John Danks is tough. I like Owens and Pods playing together. I say keep Pods around.

munchman33
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't understand the Owens love much like I don't understand the Haeger love around here.

Well, I'm not sold completely on him. But complaints about his lack of power are pretty ridiculous. The guy has been getting on base. And when on base, he's been moving. Who the hell cares if he has power. That isn't his role. 3-4-5 provides the thunder. 1-2 are supposed to get on or get guys over.

SoxSpeed22
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
What do you know? The Tigers still can't field a bunt.
Good job by Danks against this lineup. I would have liked the bases loaded situation in the 8th to turn out differently, that has been a re-curring problem for the Sox (understatement). The young guys are doing their job and take 3 out of 5 from one of the best teams in the league.

upperdeckusc
07-26-2007, 04:28 PM

then you're clearly blind because they both have shown amazing talent and have produced since they've been up here (Owens batting about .300 since being recalled and Haeger being extremely effective until his last outing). are you saying you'd rather have these guys rot in AAA when they can contribute on our injury riddled 4th place team? :?:

Huisj
07-26-2007, 04:29 PM
A local sports anchor here in Lansing was just doing highlights of the game, and when they showed the final play, he said "And that throw let Paul Konerko come in and score the winning run."

HAHAHA. Konerko would have gotten thrown out easily on that play . . . at third base.

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Let's not forget that well into June/july, the team batting average has been around .230. That's pathetic, and it makes your pitchers have to be perfect too often.

Oh, I agree that the offense was terrible and cost the Sox some close low-scoring games, especially during interleague play. But by the beginning of June, the pen had proven that it was terrible, too.

Early on, the offense was terrible but the pen was very good. And the Sox were right in the thick of things.

How many leads has the bullpen blown this year?

TomParrish79
07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
great pitching once again by Danks

and an awesome ending

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
How many leads has the bullpen blown this year?
16 or 17 just when leading into the 7th inning! We win HALF of those, and we're still in a halfway decent spot.

JB98
07-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Pods plays, Sox win! :supernana::supernana:

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh, and the Blackhawk fan in me can't leave out this line:

DE-TROIT SUCKS!

MCHSoxFan
07-26-2007, 04:55 PM
For anybody watching the game today on CSN, I was the guy wearing the green shirt/hat holding up the sigh. Thank God I was sitting in the front row of section 137. GREAT VIEW OF PODS SCORING FROM FIRST!!! Man, I was going NUTS!!! :D:

So: WHEN PODS IN, SOX WIN!!!

Agree or disagree, SOX WIN!!! :D:

hose
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I was watching the game with my Dad and told him I wish Ozzie wouldn't bunt here.:whistle: hehehehe:redface::redface:

Hawk was going nuts:bandance:

Lip Man 1
07-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Two things:

1. The title is correct, speed kills because speed forces mistakes. Something Kenny needs to keep in mind this off season. We need two or three guys who can run at the top and bottom of the lineup.

2. Frater, the bullpen has lost 13 games this season when they had the lead in the 7th inning or later. Again they had the lead, had the baseball in their hands, lost the lead and the game.

Lip

kittle42
07-26-2007, 05:06 PM
then you're clearly blind because they both have shown amazing talent and have produced since they've been up here (Owens batting about .300 since being recalled and Haeger being extremely effective until his last outing). are you saying you'd rather have these guys rot in AAA when they can contribute on our injury riddled 4th place team? :?:

Please - Owens and Haeger have hardly shown "amazing talent."

Owens in July (since his recall)

85 AB
24 Hits
5 BB
11 K
8 steals

Not great. Not bad. Certainly not "amazing," nor really, taken together with his first stint, enough to come anywhere near convincing me this guy should be patrolling CF or LF next year if this club wants to win anything.

Haeger in 10 innings has a WHIP of 2.00 and 1 strikeout. That is NOT good, especially for a knuckler.

russ99
07-26-2007, 05:08 PM

I'm hoping he stays healthy and does well enough the rest of the season where that's actually a question Kenny & Ozzie would ask.

JB98
07-26-2007, 05:09 PM

85 AB
24 Hits
5 BB
11 K
8 steals

Not great. Not bad. Certainly not "amazing," nor really, taken together with his first stint, enough to come anywhere near convincing me this guy should be patrolling CF or LF next year if this club wants to win anything.

Haeger in 10 innings has a WHIP of 2.00 and 1 strikeout. That is NOT good, especially for a knuckler.

Given some of the bad play this year, I think some fans are getting a little too excited about mediocrity. Especially when it comes to pitchers.

Haeger's mediocre-at-best pitching looks great when compared to Aardsma, for example.

TDog
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Zumayas been hurt, and , although i haven't checked his stats lately, Rodney had an awful first half. And either one of those guys, when going good, are way better than Todd Jones.

I know Zumaya's been hurt. That is a big part of the reason the Tigers have a lousy bullpen. But even before Zumaya was injured, he was experiencing more problems than last year, even blowing a save to the White Sox (forgivable indiscretion as the White Sox have been so hard on opposing relievers this year). Rodney may well be better than Todd Jones, but he's an inconsistent pitcher. Jones, in fact, is one the the team's glaring potential weaknesses, although he has been getting the job done.

Today the Tiger bullpen blew the save opportunity, allowing he inherited lead-off runner to score, according to the reports I read. In the next inning, the Tigers bullpen allowed the leadoff hitter to reach and then misplayed what apparently would have been a sacrifice bunt. Earlier in the week, the Sox were down 7-1 and came back to win against the Tigers bullpen.

In both games the defense was lacking, helping the bullpen lose the game. Maybe defense is a Tigers weakness as well.

ChiSoxGirl
07-26-2007, 05:20 PM
The Pods lovers seem to be back around here and are identifying themselves again... and rightfully so! Seeing him back in the lineup and the disruption he causes to the pitcher and on the base paths is a VERY welcome sight.

To finish another poster's thoughts... Pods in, Sox win!!! :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
For anybody watching the game today on CSN, .I was the guy wearing the green shirt/hat holding up the sigh. Thank God I was sitting in the front row of section 137. GREAT VIEW OF PODS SCORING FROM FIRST!!! Man, I was going NUTS!!! :D:

So: WHEN PODS IN, SOX WIN!!!

Agree or disagree, SOX WIN!!! :D:

If your sign read, "This season is not OVAHH!" and if you were wearing a green player tee, I just saw you on the sports segment of the Ch. 7 news. :bandance: They showed a guy, also wearing a hat, holding up this sign and Giangreco commented that the season is definitely not "ovah!" So... was it you?

kittle42
07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Given some of the bad play this year, I think some fans are getting a little too excited about mediocrity. Especially when it comes to pitchers.

Haeger's mediocre-at-best pitching looks great when compared to Aardsma, for example.

Agreed. I realized this, but I wanted one of them to admit it. :smile:

The thing that frustrates me is when people mention Owens, Haeger, Gonzalez, and any of the rest of these scrubs as viable players for next year's team. True - they are looking at them in comparison to the **** players we keep shuffling between here and Charlotte, but they are NOT the answers.

MCHSoxFan
07-26-2007, 05:30 PM
If your sign read, "This season is not OVAHH!" and if you were wearing a green player tee, I just saw you on the sports segment of the Ch. 7 news. :bandance: They showed a guy, also wearing a hat, holding up this sign and Giangreco commented that the season is definitely not "ovah!" So... was it you?

YEEEEESSSS!!!! It was ME!!!! OMG!!! YEEEEESSSSS!!!! :D::D::D:

southside rocks
07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Great game, good energy at the ballpark, I love to see Pods back not because I love Pods but because he brings something that otherwise is missing -- speed and combustability on the basepaths. I wish he weren't so dang injury-prone.

itsnotrequired
07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
It was hot today.

Sig update time...

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Two things:

1. The title is correct, speed kills because speed forces mistakes. Something Kenny needs to keep in mind this off season. We need two or three guys who can run at the top and bottom of the lineup.

2. Frater, the bullpen has lost 13 games this season when they had the lead in the 7th inning or later. Again they had the lead, had the baseball in their hands, lost the lead and the game.

Lip

So, if the Sox cut the bullpen blown lead losses in half (6.5) and round up to 7, they'd have six more wins and six fewer losses. They'd be 52-50, a half-game up on Minneosta and 8.5 back of Detroit. And they'd be buyers instead of sellers at the deadline.

JB98
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Agreed. I realized this, but I wanted one of them to admit it. :smile:

The thing that frustrates me is when people mention Owens, Haeger, Gonzalez, and any of the rest of these scrubs as viable players for next year's team. True - they are looking at them in comparison to the **** players we keep shuffling between here and Charlotte, but they are NOT the answers.

Our lack of organizational depth has really gotten exposed this year. We still have some really good players on this team. If you look at maybe the top ten guys on our roster, we stack up with anybody.

It's everybody else that is the problem. Look at all the guys we've had on the Charlotte shuttle this year. Roughly one-third of the current big-league roster didn't start the season in the majors, and frankly, most of the players in that group just don't belong here.

kitekrazy
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM

Good point but that's all that's left for this season.

lostfan
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM

85 AB
24 Hits
5 BB
11 K
8 steals

He's been as effective as, oh I don't know, say Darin Erstad. Right now what you see (and what you've seen) is about as bad as he'll be, he's still developing as a player.

Frontman
07-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Man, that was a fun game. While the Sox might not go anywhere this season, at least play with Pride and give us some thrilling moments down the stretch.

Great job Pods (please do NOT wake up hurt tomorrow for running like that.)

JB98
07-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Good point but that's all that's left for this season.

I think what kittle is trying to say is we shouldn't pretend these mediocre-at-best players are the answer for 2008, even if they are the best we've got for the rest of 2007.

Railsplitter
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
WOW!:bandance:

I literally saw only the last play, but three of five from the Tigers. Yes!

areilly
07-26-2007, 07:33 PM
YEEEEESSSS!!!! It was ME!!!! OMG!!! YEEEEESSSSS!!!! :D::D::D:

FYI, that sign elicited a good chuckle from the barflies at Alcock's this afternoon...but it's good to see optimism is still alive somewhere.

MCHSoxFan
07-26-2007, 07:36 PM
FYI, that sign elicited a good chuckle from the barflies at Alcock's this afternoon...but it's good to see optimism is still alive somewhere.

Hey, thanks. That really makes me feel good. Of course, aside from the White Sox WINNER!!! :D: I recored the game, (I had a good feeling I would be on), so after I am done on WSI, I will watch it.

DeadMoney
07-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Fields shows that when you get that bunt down and weird things can happen. The problem is they haven't been executing in similar situations too often this year. Big props to Fields for executing the routine bunt.

Danks, nicely done.

Bullpen, A-OK.

Offense, scratched and clawed.

And...it's nice to have Pods back.

EDIT: I also think I like the line-up with Pods/speed in the 7-spot. Makes pitchers lives more difficult when going through the line-up.

jabrch
07-26-2007, 11:51 PM
This team is worlds better with a healthy Scott Podsednik at the top of the order. What if...

Noneck
07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
This team is worlds better with a healthy Scott Podsednik at the top of the order. What if...

What if.... There is nothing else out there? (there probably isn't anything out there that we currently have or can afford) If its money, dump Ozuna and Mack and roll the dice with the Pod. We have so many slots to fill we have to take some chances.

Madscout
07-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Keep Pods on the roster, but don't count on him for next year. Sit him one game a series and keep him healthy!

FielderJones
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I was watching the game with my Dad and told him I wish Ozzie wouldn't bunt here.:whistle: hehehehe:redface::redface:

No need for embarrassment. The odds were probably 5-1 against either Cintron or Owens getting a base hit in a big situation. Then it's off to the 10th inning where either Jenks has to pitch a second inning or we turn it over to one of the bullpen stiffs to give up the lead.

We got lucky.

MCHSoxFan
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM

Hawk was going nuts:bandance:

Hey, don't feel bad. I was a little sceptical when Josh was going bunt. I say this because he popped-up his bunt earlier in the game.

THANK GOD IT WORKED OUT!!! :D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-27-2007, 11:22 AM

85 AB
24 Hits
5 BB
11 K
8 steals

*****. Give Haegar some time to develop before you get on his case over 10 IP.

kittle42
07-27-2007, 12:24 PM

He can develop into crap somewhere else.

JB98
07-27-2007, 01:55 PM

That's not the issue at hand. In the last 48 hours, I have seen posters here at WSI laud Haeger for his "amazing talent" and claim that he is "unhittable at times." This is hyperbole, and it shouldn't come as a surprise that others are disputing such claims.

Haeger has had a couple of good outings. He's had a couple of bad outings. People here have fallen in love with him because he's not as horse**** as Aardsma and Sisco are. And that's really not saying much.

letsgosox1592
07-27-2007, 01:59 PM
That's not the issue at hand. In the last 48 hours, I have seen posters here at WSI laud Haeger for his "amazing talent" and claim that he is "unhittable at times." This is hyperbole, and it shouldn't come as a surprise that others are disputing such claims.

Haeger has had a couple of good outings. He's had a couple of bad outings. People here have fallen in love with him because he's not as horse**** as Aardsma and Sisco are. And that's really not saying much.
Thats sox true and I would love Haeger become a great pitcher for the Sox but I never think it will happen, because 1. A.j. and Toby can barely catch it and 2. I really dont think the Sox will give him a fair oppurtunity to show he belongs.

JB98
07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Thats sox true and I would love Haeger become a great pitcher for the Sox but I never think it will happen, because 1. A.j. and Toby can barely catch it and 2. I really dont think the Sox will give him a fair oppurtunity to show he belongs.

My guess is Haeger will receive a number of opportunities to pitch the remainder of this season. Who else are we going to put out there?

Frater Perdurabo
07-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Who else are we going to put out there?

How about Dubee? :smokin:

JB98
07-27-2007, 04:38 PM
How about Dubee? :smokin:

Why not Brian Drahman? :D:

Frankfan4life
07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I love the title of this thread. Once again, speed has proven to be an essential element of the game.

Grzegorz
07-28-2007, 02:38 PM
I love the title of this thread. Once again, speed has proven to be an essential element of the game.

Speed is a component of the game, not an essential element of the game. As in life the key is balance.

Anyway, everyone knows that pitching is the key element to the game. :D:

cws05champ
07-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey, don't feel bad. I was a little sceptical when Josh was going bunt. I say this because he popped-up his bunt earlier in the game.

THANK GOD IT WORKED OUT!!! :D:

Hey MCH, I was in the same row you were...section 137 front row behind the Sox dugout. I was in the Black road Sox jersey and world series(Sox vs Astros Hat). Awsome seats and awsome game......