PDA

View Full Version : Which team do you want to take the AL Central? :(

AnkleSox
07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Unless you're drunk, its obvious the sox aren't going to win the division this year. So, as painful as it may be, who do you want to win? Tigers, Indians, possibly even Twins?

Although I used to despise the Indians because of their dominance in the late 90s, I have to go with them. My reasoning is that in the most recent years, their fans have been the least obnoxious. Twins fans always pissed me off, but those damn Tigers fans have to be the worst. I've NEVER seen so many Tigers hats in Chicago in all my life, and I've never met more pompous douchebags that want to start fights. It doesn't help living on the north side wheres there's a ****load of Michigan bars.

So basically I have to (grudgingly) root for the Indians because lately, their fans have been the most respectable, as far as at the ballpark and around town.

Sorry for the rant, I just want to know what everyone thinks.

chaerulez
07-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I say Indians as well. They have a lot of good players I like, Sizemore, Garko, Barfield. The Tigers have Sheffield and I hate the guy, so I don't care to see them win anything. That and they couldn't even beat the Cards last year. I don't think the Twins are going to the playoffs, so I'm not even considering them.

palehozenychicty
07-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I say Indians as well. They have a lot of good players I like, Sizemore, Garko, Barfield. The Tigers have Sheffield and I hate the guy, so I don't care to see them win anything. That and they couldn't even beat the Cards last year. I don't think the Twins are going to the playoffs, so I'm not even considering them.

I can't stand Sheffield, but I like the way the Tigers are run. They draft really really well. If only the Sox could draft like them, we'd be in business.

chisoxmike
07-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm still holding out for a strike this season.

07-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Cleveland Indians

WSox597
07-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Anybody but Minnesota and their garden gnome of a manager. I dislike that team intensely. Just something about the team, the city, the mosquitos, the fish, the lakes, I don't know. :smile:

I'd prefer the Indians, I guess. They have a hell of a ball club, and I must admit to not thinking they would be in it for the long haul because of their pitching. Shame on me.

Faustino what's his name is pitching well, as is Captain Cheeseburger. I'm amazed Borowski has done was well as he has.

Still, the Tigers have a hell of a team too. I still appreciate Mags as a player, too. Good pitching here as well. I don't mind them losing to the Cards last year, since the Cards are the NL team I like.

After all, there's no reason to like any other NL team in the Midwest, is there?

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Between clear cream Sheff, bubble gum boy, and Rod Allen, I won't be pulling for any Tigers. :o:

MUsoxfan
07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Tigers had their shot last year, so this year I'll have to vote Indians.

Rockabilly
07-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I will go with Detoit because of Mags

WS in 05
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm going to go with Mike on this one!!!

Although for some reason there is a place deep inside me that would be glad if it was for the twins because and ONLY because of my brother-in-law(to be) being a die hard fan( who I get along with very well is a very good friend).........on a side note One brother-in-law is a cub fan(bears/iowa) and the other BIL(to be) is a twins fan(Vikings/iowa)

SOXfnNlansing
07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Tigers

getonbckthr
07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Lets see Sheffield, Maggs, The Gambler, Zoooooooomaya, Iroid, Guillen (2000 anyone) Monroe (run the ****ing bases until you start jacking 40 a year), Gene Lamont (I think he is still there), Grilli (*******) they are the reason I want Cleveland to win the division.

hose
07-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Maggs and the Tigers.

TDog
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I want the White Sox to win the AL Central. Otherwise, my first choice would be the Royals this year. Cetainly not the Tigers. Ordonez must be punished for leaving the Sox, and his penalty should be a career without a World Series ring. My next choice would be for the AL Central champ to lose three games to the wild card team in a quick ALDS.

JB98
07-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Since the Sox aren't going to win, I don't give a dead moose's last **** who wins the division.

I hate all these teams.

MarySwiss
07-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Well, that's kind of like asking whether you prefer lethal injection, beheading, or firing squad. However, I actually have a pal who's a Tribe fan, so unless the Sox can pull off a miracle finish, I'm going with the Toons. Second choice, Tigers. Third choice--well actually, there is no third choice. ANYONE but the stinking Twins!

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
This is a pretty easy question, since the Twins and Indians are my two most hated teams in baseball! That leaves the Tigers as the team I'd want to see win the division. I don't hate the Tigers or the Royals.

PKalltheway
07-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Detroit. I've grown to respect the Tigers a lot more since last year. I wouldn't mind Cleveland either, just as long as it isn't the mother****ing Twins.

Oh yeah, and even though they're out of it, **** the Royals too.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Detroit...after all Jimmy Leyland was a former Sox coach and almost the Sox manager. They play the game hard and generally the right way, I respect that.

Lip

AnkleSox
07-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I do respect the Tigers, I guess it's just that most of these new Detroit fans I meet are usually douchebags. Indians fans... there's not as many of them but they're usually pretty respectable.

Twins fans can go **** themselves.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I'd love to see the KC Royals in the playoffs. But in reality, I'd rather the Tigers win it this year.

SBSoxFan
07-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Well, I don't want Cleveland to win because they've been hyped for 3 straight years and have accomplished nothing to merit it yet. Also, I think they're showing signs of cracking this year too.

I don't want Detroit to win because I want them to hit the wall this year just as the Sox did in 2006. There's a couple months left, so maybe they still will.

I surprisingly don't care about Minnesota. I guess that's because I don't see them making any kind of run. They're starting pitching is just too weak. I looked at their record a couple days ago and Minnesota was 8 games better at the same date last year as this year. I'm going out on a limb and saying they are done.

So, I guess that leaves Kansas City.:rolleyes: Which makes me :angry: because the AL central could have been very winnable this year for the Sox.

Oblong
07-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Lets see Sheffield, Maggs, The Gambler, Zoooooooomaya, Iroid, Guillen (2000 anyone) Monroe (run the ****ing bases until you start jacking 40 a year), Gene Lamont (I think he is still there), Grilli (*******) they are the reason I want Cleveland to win the division.

What did Guillen do in 2000?

jenn2080
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
The Royals. That is not realistic, so I have to say the Kittens.

davenicholson
07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Since the Sox aren't going to win, I don't give a dead moose's last **** who wins the division.

I hate all these teams.
Well put. I couldn't have said it better myself.

SBSoxFan
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
What did Guillen do in 2000?

Was he involved in the brawl in 2000?

Oblong
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
He wasn't on the Tigers until 2004. The Tigers wanted Rich Aurilia isntead, but he spurned Detroit, then when Omar Vizquel flunked his physical in trade that would have sent Guillen to Cleveland, Seattle signed Aurilia and sent Guillen to detroit.

JB98
07-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Was he involved in the brawl in 2000?

Carlos Guillen ended our season in the 2000 playoffs as a member of the Mariners. I still think he stepped on the plate when he bunted.....

MarySwiss
07-27-2007, 07:55 PM
So, I guess that leaves Kansas City.:rolleyes: Which makes me :angry: because the AL central could have been very winnable this year for the Sox.

Last year also. In fact, I still think the only reason the Cards won it all is because we didn't make the playoffs.

miker
07-27-2007, 08:26 PM
White Sox!

Yeah, I know...:(:

getonbckthr
07-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Carlos Guillen ended our season in the 2000 playoffs as a member of the Mariners. I still think he stepped on the plate when he bunted.....
:angry::angry::angry:
That bunt costed me some money. I got mad and threw something at a bedroom door ya that wasn't smart.

Grzegorz
07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
If the Chicago White Sox cannot win the World Series I am hoping the Detroit Tigers do...

Go Tigers!

TheVulture
07-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd have to go with the Tigers. I hated them in the 80s, but I've got a soft spot for them now after 15 years of ineptitude, while in the meantime I have developed a healthy hatred for the Indians and Twins.

Oblong
07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Sox fans are welcome on the bandwagon. As I said last year, we can do a special Sox car. Wear your Maggs jerseys. Find some Granderson UIC jerseys. Leyland, Dombrowksi, Lamont (I know to your chagrin) have Sox roots. It's all good.

I still think the Tigers are spooked by the Sox.

MarySwiss
07-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Sox fans are welcome on the bandwagon. As I said last year, we can do a special Sox car. Wear your Maggs jerseys. Find some Granderson UIC jerseys. Leyland, Dombrowksi, Lamont (I know to your chagrin) have Sox roots. It's all good.

I still think the Tigers are spooked by the Sox.

Sorry, Oblong. No thanks. I was all for Detroit to win it all last year, but look at what that got us. St. Louis--for heaven's sake!--won the World Series! I will go to my grave secure in my belief that if the Sox hadn't taken the second half of the season off, they would have run the table.

That said, if the Sox can't get it done--and it looks more and more as though they can't--I'm pulling for the Tribe. Then the Tigers. Then the end of the world rather than the Twins.

Tragg
07-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Tigers. But I don't want them to win the WS or the pennant.
I could stomach the Twins.
I am rooting against Cleveland big time. I want to see that streak of no-playoffs for the hyped tribe continue.

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Which is the least of all evils? For me, it's the Royals, but they haven't a prayer.

I detest the Indians and the Twins, so by default its the Tigers.

What makes it slightly more palatable is that our male cat has tiger stripes. He's a Sox fan first (both our cats have white socks), but a Tigers fan second.
:redface:

Rob190
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Since the Sox are not in it, it really doesn't matter yo me who wins. On second thought I take that back. Anybody but the Twins.

Palehose Pete
07-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Anyone but the Twins.

Also, any team that Maggs in on. *cough!* TIGERS! *cough!*