PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Rookie Ejected in MLB Debut

RKMeibalane
07-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/07/26/pitcher.debut.ap/)

I'll say this for him: he's managed to get his name out there by throwing at two of the game's best hitters. Jeff Lannan was ejected after hitting Chase Utley and Ryan Howard in the fifth inning of Thursday's game. Lannan had previously given up a home run to Howard in the third inning of the game in question.

munchman33
07-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Good for him. Not that I think he was purposely trying to hurt guys, but I like when guys aren't afraid to go inside from the start. That's step one to succeeding in the bigs.

Huisj
07-26-2007, 03:10 PM
And it was everyone's favorite ump, Hunter Wendelstedt. What's with the zero warning ejections?

munchman33
07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
And it was everyone's favorite ump, Hunter Wendelstedt. What's with the zero warning ejections?

Well...I don't think an ump can let anyone hit a teams two best players in succession and not act. That could lead to a brawl.

RKMeibalane
07-26-2007, 05:04 PM
And now the plot thickens, as Utley has been placed on the DL with a broken hand. A link will be posted shortly.

eriqjaffe
07-27-2007, 08:32 AM
:farmer
"Come back and talk to me when you've taken out Al Cowens and Frank White. That's Frank White, the former Royal, not to be confused with Frank Black, the former Pixie."