PDA

View Full Version : Ostuka to the Sox?

Rockabilly
07-26-2007, 07:37 AM
from Ken Rosenthal

Rangers setup man Akinori Otsuka is on the disabled list with forearm

tightness, yet that isn't stopping the White Sox from pursuing him.

The White Sox apparently are willing to take Otsuka even though he is injured, but lack one of the pieces the Rangers are seeking a young, major-league ready center fielder.
Isn't Otsuka a free agent after this year

esbrechtel
07-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I'd take BA if I were them, who knows what a change in scenery would do plus Texas hates having decent pitching....:dunno:

GAsoxfan
07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
An injured reliever for an injured CF? Sounds good to me.

The Immigrant
07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I'd take BA if I were them....

Reuniting him with McCarthy just might bring on the apocalypse.

Law11
07-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Reuniting him with McCarthy just might bring on the apocalypse.

OOO good catch..

Tragg
07-26-2007, 09:40 AM
The White Sox apparently are willing to take Otsuka even though he is injured, but lack one of the pieces the Rangers are seeking a young, major-league ready center fielder.
Isn't Otsuka a free agent after this year
Hello - a young major-league ready center fielder is what WE need.

We don't need more professional middle relivers for goodness sakes...and injured players - oh boy. What is all of this pitching that Williams has stcokpiled already going to be used for?

balke
07-26-2007, 09:42 AM
:hawk

Where's he gonna play!?

julio-cruz
07-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Sounds to me that Jon Daniels (Ranger's GM) is trying to create a market for Otsuka. Like we were when Dye was on the DL. All smoke and mirrors.

letsgosox1592
07-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Sounds to me that Jon Daniels (Ranger's GM) is trying to create a market for Otsuka. Like we were when Dye was on the DL. All smoke and mirrors.

Jermaine was never on the DL so you have no connection between the 2.

eriqjaffe
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
We don't need more professional middle relivers for goodness sakes:?:

If by "professional" you mean "collecting an MLB paycheck", then you're right. However, I think it's safe to say that the Sox really do need some professional MRs.

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 12:49 PM
If the trade was, hypothetically, BA for Ostuka, then it would have to be announced as:

"White Sox trade a player to be named later to Texas for a player to be named later."

:tongue:

Foulke You
07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I'd love to have Otsuka in our bullpen. He'd instantly solve our 8th inning setup trouble. The Sox bullpen would look a heck of a lot better with him in it, providing his forearm injury is nothing serious. I wonder if we could spin Owens to them for Otsuka?

Dan Mega
07-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I'd love to have Otsuka in our bullpen. He'd instantly solve our 8th inning setup trouble. The Sox bullpen would look a heck of a lot better with him in it, providing his forearm injury is nothing serious. I wonder if we could spin Owens to them for Otsuka?

The SI article says he may need Tommy John.

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2007, 04:23 PM

I think Tommy John could help ths bullpen.

Foulke You
07-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Yuck. If that's the case, I'll take a pass on Otsuka.