PDA

View Full Version : Reality check folks!


BoozeSlut
04-05-2002, 12:09 AM
Before we trade Foulke for a pack of chewing gum and a handful of bus tokens, let us remember exactly what he has done for us the last 2 years. Do you suck if you give your team...

76 saves/166 k's/44 bb's/1.00 WHIP/2.60 ERA?

Does 2 shaky early season performances make you trade him? Every good closer get's rocked occasionally(Rivera WS 7th game/Hoffman last night), the problem is we remember the few blown saves and not the 42 out of 45 he got last year. Relax, Keith is the least of our bullpen worries. :D: :gulp:

GASHWOUND
04-05-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by BoozeSlut
Before we trade Foulke for a pack of chewing gum and a handful of bus tokens, let us remember exactly what he has done for us the last 2 years. Do you suck if you give your team...

76 saves/166 k's/44 bb's/1.00 WHIP/2.60 ERA?

Does 2 shaky early season performances make you trade him? Every good closer get's rocked occasionally(Rivera WS 7th game/Hoffman last night), the problem is we remember the few blown saves and not the 42 out of 45 he got last year. Relax, Keith is the least of our bullpen worries. :D: :gulp:

I agree, I'm one of the biggest Foulke supporters here and was very upset by him last night. But yes, we should not overreact on just 2 relief appearences by Foulke. Its just he was pounded against a vey good mariners team, and it shows more lookin good against a playoff team than a team like the Tigers or someone. If he's gonna be considered the very elite of closers he HAS to perform againstall the good teams, and not just the crappy teams.

BoozeSlut
04-05-2002, 12:34 AM
I completely agree with you Gashwound, I was heartbroken with his performance last night, but it seems some here have lost all faith in him. What is the abberation? His record the last 2 years or his first 2 appearances this year? Trevor Hoffman's ERA is 18.00 and his WHIP is 5.00...do you kick him to the curb also? Do you think it just might have been a rough outing or two? :gulp:

GASHWOUND
04-05-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by BoozeSlut
I completely agree with you Gashwound, I was heartbroken with his performance last night, but it seems some here have lost all faith in him. What is the abberation? His record the last 2 years or his first 2 appearances this year? Trevor Hoffman's ERA is 18.00 and his WHIP is 5.00...do you kick him to the curb also? Do you think it just might have been a rough outing or two? :gulp:

Well,he sucked all through ST, he's been touched up his first 2 outings this season..I started tothink maybe he's injured in someway, but when he was asked about it from Sully he denied it. Maybe there's something with his mechanics but I, along with anyone else can't give up on this guy after 2 appearences. Lets see if he can recover from this, I think he will

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 03:41 AM
I agree with all the above and he will recover. Just enough to be traded at the all-star break. I honestly think that is in the plans. A 2 year deal from JR to a pitchers is perfect for a trade. Everyone knows he didn't want to pay him. Not that i want to see it, but I'll bet he gets traded and KW's boy Osuna is the closer until one of the young guns step up to the role. Just my opinion.

Chisox_cali
04-05-2002, 03:52 AM
Love the addition to your Sig RPS! :smile: Nor do I, Nor do I
:notwinks

Jerry_Manuel
04-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Love the addition to your Sig RPS! :smile: Nor do I, Nor do I
:notwinks

You liar! Admit it, you fear the Twins! :D:

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


You liar! Admit it, you fear the Twins! :D:

HA! I fear no twinkie!

KempersRS
04-05-2002, 08:49 AM
I am not a Foulke supporter at all. And I haven't been in the past. It amazed me how people backed him in the Sox "Survivor" we had a few weeks back. I've said for a while that I think Foulke will go down, but even I haven't lost total faith in him yet. I've never been his biggest fan and I have feared he would have a meltdown this season, but let's not give up hope yet after 2 shaky outtings. I recall him going through stretches where he had this same problem last year and the season before. Let's give Foulke, and the entire team for that matter, a little time....