PDA

View Full Version : Time for Sox fans to come clean

Rockabilly
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
I saw this past off season that a guy proposed a trade that would have send Crede and Fingernails on a blackboard to the Yanks for A Rod and alot of people on this site thought that the Sox would get robbed if KW made that deal...

What other trade ideas that people mention on this site that you thought was a stupid post but now its not such a stupid idea

soxfan13
07-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Better watch out the hindsight police are going to be all over you for this thread:tongue:

nug0hs
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
No, still a bad deal. Arod on his own wouldn't have saved this team and would have just created a stupid and unnecessary media frenzy. Plus, now we have gotten to see what Fields can really do (some good/some bad) plus people keep forgetting that the deal for BMac was a 3 FOR 1 TRADE which I still consider a steal based on his performance in Texas and the 3 arms we got in return.

jcw218
07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
... plus people keep forgetting that the deal for Fingernails on a blackboard was a 3 FOR 1 TRADE which I still consider a steal based on his performance in Texas and the 3 arms we got in return.

Actually it was was a 3 for 2 deal. We Sent McCarthy/minor leaguer and got back Danks, Masset and a minor leaguer.

Mickster
07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
No, still a bad deal. Arod on his own wouldn't have saved this team and would have just created a stupid and unnecessary media frenzy. Plus, now we have gotten to see what Fields can really do (some good/some bad) plus people keep forgetting that the deal for Fingernails on a blackboard was a 3 FOR 1 TRADE which I still consider a steal based on his performance in Texas and the 3 arms we got in return.

If we did manage to get AROD, he would NOT be playing 3rd. It would be the end of Juan and Fields would play 3rd anyway.

kjhanson
07-25-2007, 03:18 PM
No, still a bad deal.

There must be something in that Northbrook water. It's a good thing I didn't take that job with AllState...

You would rather a bad 1/4 of the year from Crede + respectable Danks + bad Masset instead of .310/34/100 (in 99 games)?

Remember, you were given the chance to play Monday morning QB, and you still blew it.

DumpJerry
07-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I saw this past off season that a guy proposed a trade that would have send Crede and B Mac to the Yanks for A Rod and alot of people on this site thought that the Sox would get robbed if KW made that deal...

What other trade ideas that people mention on this site that you thought was a stupid post but now its not such a stupid idea
Ok. Let's break this one down.
1. You assume that because a Sox fan on a website proposes it, it would have happened.
2. You assume ARod would want to play here and not void out his contract this year.
3. You assume that Kenny & Co. would want to work out a deal with Arod's agent, The Devil.
4. Who would start in the spot Danks' currently owns since we would not have him? Garcia (if that deal did not go down)? He's on the shelf. Floyd? See his two starts. Dewon Day? Hey now, maybe you're on to something....
5. So, the Yankees would have given up one of their best players for a Third Baseman with a chronic back problem who said "I'm not going to have surgery on my back and instead will 'rehab' it."

This idea may or may not be "stupid," but it was, and still is, 100% disconnected from reality.

Rockabilly
07-25-2007, 04:14 PM
1. You assume that because a Sox fan on a website proposes it, it would have happened.
2. You assume ARod would want to play here and not void out his contract this year.
3. You assume that Kenny & Co. would want to work out a deal with Arod's agent, The Devil.
4. Who would start in the spot Danks' currently owns since we would not have him? Garcia (if that deal did not go down)? He's on the shelf. Floyd? See his two starts. Dewon Day? Hey now, maybe you're on to something....
5. So, the Yankees would have given up one of their best players for a Third Baseman with a chronic back problem who said "I'm not going to have surgery on my back and instead will 'rehab' it."

This idea may or may not be "stupid," but it was, and still is, 100% disconnected from reality.

It was a what if idea just like many of trade ideas on this site. I believe many fans on this site were aganist the trade because Crede is better than A Rod because of his similar stats last season and Fingernails on a blackboard was a pitching stud..

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
3. You assume that Kenny & Co. would want to work out a deal with Arod's agent, The Devil.:rolling::rolling:

kjhanson
07-25-2007, 04:25 PM
It was a what if idea just like many of trade ideas on this site. I believe many fans on this site were aganist the trade because Crede is better than A Rod because of his similar stats last season and B Mac was a pitching stud..

Which still kind of befuddles me (the last part that is). McCarthy was 4-7 with a 4.68 ERA and a 2.09 K:BB ratio in 2006 as a 23 year-old.

Danks is 6-7 with a 4.88 ERA and a 1.90 K:BB ratio as a 22 year-old.

There's not nearly the hype for Danks this year as there was for McCarthy last year. And I would argue that Danks has had a lot more inherited runners score than Brandon (don't have proof, however).

Frontman
07-25-2007, 04:34 PM

Come on now, just because Cashman was born at night, just not last night.......

:wink:

chaerulez
07-25-2007, 04:45 PM
I seriously doubt the Yankees ever considered a A-Rod for Crede, and McCarthy. A first ballot HOFer in the prime of his career that can play SS for a 3B that has yet to make a single All Star game and an unproven pitcher.

Really doubt that.

balke
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Haha. W/ this bullpen? The Sox would be paying 27 million more to be in last place.