PDA

View Full Version : Parque

OEO Magglio
04-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Parque today threw 5 innings and 1 earned run, so he pitched well. I am not sure how fast he threw but I would like to know. The knights lost 6 to 2, but Parque pitched well so in a way it's like a win.

GASHWOUND
04-04-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Parque today threw 5 innings and 1 earned run, so he pitched well. I am not sure how fast he threw but I would like to know. The knights lost 6 to 2, but Parque pitched well so in a way it's like a win.

Yeah, good start...but I want to know what his velocity was, thats the most mportant thing. he needs to reach at least 90 mph. So lets hope he keeps it up

kermittheefrog
04-04-2002, 11:09 PM
Where'd you get game results?

hold2dibber
04-05-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Yeah, good start...but I want to know what his velocity was, thats the most mportant thing. he needs to reach at least 90 mph. So lets hope he keeps it up

Why does he have to throw 90 mph? I just don't understand why everyone is so focused on that. Plenty of effective major league pitchers throw in the upper 80s. Seems to me he was the most effective starter in ST and has continued his success at AAA. All the while, our bullpen is getting knocked senseless. Why not bring him up now?

Iwritecode
04-05-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Why does he have to throw 90 mph? I just don't understand why everyone is so focused on that. Plenty of effective major league pitchers throw in the upper 80s. Seems to me he was the most effective starter in ST and has continued his success at AAA. All the while, our bullpen is getting knocked senseless. Why not bring him up now?

I don't think they can even bring him up until after Tuesday. I read that somewhere. So he may get one more start in AAA.

pearso66
04-05-2002, 12:49 PM
id say let us get one rotation in on oru starting staff, and if everyone is successful, bring parque up and put him in the bullpen, that way he can work on his speed, and help our bullpen problems

Pete_SSAC
04-05-2002, 03:35 PM

I THINK they are using his velocity as a sign on how healthy he is. Since he kept the injury from managment last year, I don't think they're trust his word this year.

- Pete]

jklm
04-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Where'd you get game results?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/scoreboards/index.html

or

http://usatoday.com/sports/scores.htm

or

http://www.sportsline.com/u/baseball/mlbcom/minors/index.html

Paulwny
04-05-2002, 05:42 PM

For what it's worth:
I was watching the yankmee me game today with Pettite pitching after physical problems in st.
Although the score board personel have a radar gun to post mph on the score board, Torre will not allow the gun to be used to judge any pitchers. According to the announcer Torre stated, "Keeping hitters off balance is what gets hitters out".