PDA

View Full Version : Indians fans are terrifed

Foultips
07-25-2007, 07:53 AM
On our way home from Boston we went to The Jake last night and saw a wonderful game. CC lost 1-0 to the Diceman and the fans were also watching the scoreboard. While the news from 35th St was good they were more concerned with the score in Kansas City. They really worried about New York catching them as I think they only 5 back and closing. It will be a great finish but I just wish we were in it.

Steelrod
07-25-2007, 08:40 AM
They have good reason to worry!

INSox56
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah they do. I used to think that Cleveland was a behemoth. I really don't think they can stay consistently mashing everything the whole season.
Edit: hell, even we took two of three in Cleveland, should have even been a sweep.

soxinem1
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Don't think the Indians are not going to try and pry Lidge or Gagne away, even if they overpay. Even though Borowski has been decent overall, they need to slam the door on their opponents.

Every team has it's down times, and they still have a decent lead for the WC.

If I have to bank on the starting staffs of CLE and NYY down the stretch, I'll take CLE.

Foultips
07-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I just looked the Yankees are only 4.5 behind Cleveland. Nobody wants to see both Boston and New York get into the playoffs but it sure looks like New York will catch and go ahead of both Cleveland and Detroit.

soxinem1
07-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I just looked the Yankees are only 4.5 behind Cleveland. Nobody wants to see both Boston and New York get into the playoffs but it sure looks like New York will catch and go ahead of both Cleveland and Detroit.

What are you baseing this on? BOS, CLE, and DET have WAY better starting pitching. Unless NYY does something in that department, I cannot see how their offense will carry them another 70 or so games, unless the others just totally fall apart.

Foultips
07-25-2007, 11:14 AM
What are you baseing this on? BOS, CLE, and DET have WAY better starting pitching. Unless NYY does something in that department, I cannot see how their offense will carry them another 70 or so games, unless the others just totally fall apart.

I'm basing it on the same thing I do at Arlington Park when reading the racing form...past performance.

When the Yankees smell the playoffs they always get in.

Their pitching is no worse than both Cleveland AND Detroit and they sure can hit

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=7&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=ERA&split=0&season=2007

The team era stats are telling

I should add that we were shocked at how many Boston fans were at The Jake last night. I guess we will see them as well next month when they come in.

TDog
07-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Don't think the Indians are not going to try and pry Lidge or Gagne away, even if they overpay. Even though Borowski has been decent overall, they need to slam the door on their opponents.

Every team has it's down times, and they still have a decent lead for the WC.

If I have to bank on the starting staffs of CLE and NYY down the stretch, I'll take CLE.

Teams desperate enough for bullpen help to overpay for relievers after the All-Star break make big mistakes -- such as trading Polanco for Urbina. Maybe the Indians won't regret it the next day, but they would regret it soon and for the rest of their lives.

I really hate the Yankees and what they stand for. That said, I wouldn't be upset if the Indians miss the postseason. Quite the contrary. Really, I would like to see the wild card come out of the West. Every team has problems. It will be a matter of what team can do the most to overcome them.

areilly
07-25-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm basing it on the same thing I do at Arlington Park when reading the racing form...past performance.

When the Yankees smell the playoffs they always get in.

Their pitching is no worse than both Cleveland AND Detroit and they sure can hit

I wouldn't compare the Yankees recent maulings of Tampa Bay and Kansas City to the Tribe losing 1-0 to the Red Sox in a Matsuzaka-Sabathia game. And your logic about the Yankees getting in once they "smell the playoffs" holds about as much water as a Cub fan bemoaning the curse or an Indians fan crying that God hates Cleveland.

You can't tell us with a straight face the 2007 Yankees even hold a candle to ANY of the 1995 through 2006 editions.

captainclutch24
07-25-2007, 10:10 PM
They should be worried. Unless the Yankees are 15 games out come the All Star game I would never count them out. I still think they will over take Boston and win the East.

RowanDye
07-25-2007, 11:12 PM
They should be worried. Unless the Yankees are 15 games out come the All Star game I would never count them out. I still think they will over take Boston and win the East.

Just to clarify, you do know the All-Star game was over two weeks ago right?

:?:

fusillirob1983
07-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Just to clarify, you do know the All-Star game was over two weeks ago right?

:?:

I'm guessing he knows and is including future seasons in his comment too.

captainclutch24
07-26-2007, 10:59 AM
That is correct it applies for all seasons