PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to Foulke breakdown

palehosemike
04-04-2002, 10:11 PM
I went to bed last night just as the 5th inning started (palehose in the lead.) I awoke to change my daughter's diaper and to my surprise there was more crap going on in the bottom of the ninth than in her diaper.

My first reaction was why was Keith in the game? He has a terrible track record at Safeco field which leads me to believe he is jinxed there. In addition his mojo was not all that great during spring training and it wasn't there on Monday - so why put him in yesterday???

It is to early to work him like a field horse, which Jerry has done the past two years. Luckily he has not sutained a serious injury...... yet.

Anyways lets hope in the future there is more crap in the diaper than on the field.......

FarWestChicago
04-04-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by palehosemike
Anyways lets hope in the future there is more crap in the diaper than on the field....... Amen!

And welcome to WSI, phm! :gulp:

GASHWOUND
04-04-2002, 10:24 PM
I went to bed last night just as the 5th inning started (palehose in the lead.) I awoke to change my daughter's diaper and to my surprise there was more crap going on in the bottom of the ninth than in her diaper.

My first reaction was why was Keith in the game? He has a terrible track record at Safeco field which leads me to believe he is jinxed there. In addition his mojo was not all that great during spring training and it wasn't there on Monday - so why put him in yesterday???

It is to early to work him like a field horse, which Jerry has done the past two years. Luckily he has not sutained a serious injury...... yet.

Anyways lets hope in the future there is more crap in the diaper than on the field.......

Yeah, I was sitting in my lazy boy when all of it happened, but I thought the Sox were gonna win and came on here to celebrate us taking the series against the "Great" Moose. uh uh, and when Foulke got cameron to pop up I felt pretty good he would work out of it.
What a disaster, I still feel sick after throwing a temper tantrum last night(Big mess left now)
And oh yeah, welcome! :gulp:

Kilroy
04-04-2002, 10:29 PM
He has a terrible track record at Safeco field which leads me to believe he is jinxed there.

I just got done reading something on another board that talked about how the M's have Foulke figured out because Edgar is known for studying pitchers and determining their "tells". The speculation is that Edgar figured him out and has passed on what he knows.

Anyone buying??

sox_fan_forever
04-04-2002, 10:36 PM
I was a not a very happy person either last night. Usually when the Sox are going to lose I get this weird "sinking" feeling but that never happened last night even during the ninth. I thought for sure that they would win even though things didn't look good. As soon as the game was over I turned off the tv and went to bed. I just did not even want to think about what had just happened.

Welcome to WSI, palehosemike! :smile:

Daver
04-04-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I just got done reading something on another board that talked about how the M's have Foulke figured out because Edgar is known for studying pitchers and determining their "tells". The speculation is that Edgar figured him out and has passed on what he knows.

Anyone buying??

How hard is it to figure out a two pitch pitcher?

doublem23
04-04-2002, 10:47 PM
Well, even as bad as last night was, I don't think there are too many pitchers I'd rather see out there with a 3-run lead in the 9th inning than Foulke. Meltdowns happen, and they hurt when they do. We just have to shrug it off (as difficult as that may seem), and prepare to pound our misery into Kansas City.

Welcome to WSI, phm!

GASHWOUND
04-04-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well, even as bad as last night was, I don't think there are too many pitchers I'd rather see out there with a 3-run lead in the 9th inning than Foulke. Meltdowns happen, and they hurt when they do. We just have to shrug it off (as difficult as that may seem), and prepare to pound our misery into Kansas City.

Welcome to WSI, phm!

Yes, lets hope they take out all their frustrations out on the Royals.

PS: I like the Bart Simpson qoute thingy, funny :smile:

doublem23
04-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
PS: I like the Bart Simpson qoute thingy, funny :smile:

Thanks! :smile: Whenever you need a good quote, turn to the Simpsons! LOL!

KVinc
04-04-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by daver

If only it was true! Daver last night keith could not get his change down or locate it up for strikes and threw 5 sliders that were most of the speed at 84 i believe last night. Also if you witnessed against Sierra a cutter and two seam type pitch was thrown.

If anyone here ever watched cubs games you would know keith foulke used to throw a decent curve, nice fastball in and a two seemer.

Daver
04-04-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by KVinc

If only it was true! Daver last night keith could not get his change down or locate it up for strikes and threw 5 sliders that were most of the speed at 84 i believe last night. Also if you witnessed against Sierra a cutter and two seam type pitch was thrown.

If anyone here ever watched cubs games you would know keith foulke used to throw a decent curve, nice fastball in and a two seemer.

That was his fastball,I have never seen him throw a slider.

He can throw a curveball,but not for a strike.

Curt Schilling can throw eight pitches,but only four of them for strikes,so he is a four pitch pitcher.

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by daver

My thoughts exactly. He has a third pitch he calls a breaking ball that hangs there and rarly throws because several have yet to land.