PDA

View Full Version : Danks signing at Triplethreat...

esbrechtel
07-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Anyone going? its on sat at noon....I bought my 15 dollar tickets today...

Domeshot17
07-25-2007, 12:56 AM
I want to order ours, how does the ticket shipping work, do they just have a list there or will they be mailed out?

esbrechtel
07-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I called triplethreat yesterday and he told me they would have a will call

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Already ordered mine.

October26
07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I would like to go but how do I get more information regarding this event?

salty99
07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
www.triplethreatsports.com

downstairs
07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
$15 for an autograph?!? From a rookie?!?

Well, to each their own...

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Who knows...The kid could turn out to be the next Buehrle. He's throwing the ball fairly well right now, so it might be a good investment.

chaotic8512
07-25-2007, 01:52 PM
In my first visit up to The Cell (and to Chicago, for that matter), I got Danks to sign a ball pre-game. Pretty good feeling. :smile:

Being a transplanted White Sox fan of 13 years, I would take any opportunity I could get to meet a Sox player, certainly one who is more than likely to be in the team's plans for the next 5 years. $15 doesn't seem too steep.

Just my two cents. :redneck

esbrechtel
07-25-2007, 01:53 PM
15 bucks aint that bad if you think about it, if you go to buy an official MLB baseball they usually cost 15 bucks with the plastic cube anyways...

downstairs
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
15 bucks aint that bad if you think about it, if you go to buy an official MLB baseball they usually cost 15 bucks with the plastic cube anyways...

Oh... you get the ball with that? I thought that was separate. When they say "tickets" it just seems strange to me...

salty99
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
No you don't get the ball with the $15 and $10-15 is about the cheapest any MLB player will ever be at a show these days.

FireMariotti
07-25-2007, 05:56 PM
$15 is not a bad deal at all considering what many other autograph shows might charge.

I heard on ESPN1000 a couple days ago that Brady Quinn was signing autographs at an Ohio mall for $75 a pop:o:. The guy hasn't even played a down yet!

soxwon
07-25-2007, 07:06 PM

I got danks graph at Soxfest- Ill sell to anyone for $15 its the same thing!!!

Domeshot17
07-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I got danks graph at Soxfest- Ill sell to anyone for $15 its the same thing!!!

Danks was at Soxfest? I was there all weekend dont remember, oh well. My fiancee got the hint. Im a huge fan of Danks, so I left the signing page open and full screened over night. She turned the monitor back on the check her directions before work to some confrence, saw the page, ordered me and her a ticket:supernana:

esbrechtel
07-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Oh... you get the ball with that? I thought that was separate. When they say "tickets" it just seems strange to me...
no all i was saying is that the ball more than doubles in value....

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-26-2007, 12:30 AM

I paid $20 for Devin Hester before last season. Now he charges $60-80.

esbrechtel
07-28-2007, 04:05 PM
What a great time! Danks was so friendly, he let everyone take pictures with him and even took a min or so to talk with his fans...Also TripleThreat gave out free world series champ tshirts! I recieved the jersey back shirt...It was an awesome experience...

Domeshot17
07-29-2007, 01:55 AM
I would have to agree. I love signings at triple threat, always organized well and make sure you have a good time. Danks has to be one of if not the nicest player I have got a chance to speak with at a signing. You can tell he is one of the athletes who loves doing this. I was in the 10-20 group, guy infront of me joked about the team scoring him more runs he got a good laugh. I told him he had a lot of Buehrle in him hes going to have an awesome career and he was pleased, said thats an awesome compliment and Buehrle has been a really good tutor. Very enjoyable time.

(just a note too which was cool, There was a kid there who was getting pictures signed of him and Danks at a game. I guess Danks told him to wait after the game and he would take some pictures with him. Sure enough Pics right there of the kid and Danks and one of his family and Danks. Danks told him to come to triple threat when he prints those he will sign them for him, and sure enough remembered the kid. For all the crap we get with dumb criminal athletes, Danks scores major points in the quality category. Hal, I dont know how the booking goes for WCSF, but I get the feeling Danks could be a great guest :smile:)

IlliniSox4Life
07-29-2007, 02:14 AM
I would have to agree. I love signings at triple threat, always organized well and make sure you have a good time. Danks has to be one of if not the nicest player I have got a chance to speak with at a signing. You can tell he is one of the athletes who loves doing this. I was in the 10-20 group, guy infront of me joked about the team scoring him more runs he got a good laugh. I told him he had a lot of Buehrle in him hes going to have an awesome career and he was pleased, said thats an awesome compliment and Buehrle has been a really good tutor. Very enjoyable time.

(just a note too which was cool, There was a kid there who was getting pictures signed of him and Danks at a game. I guess Danks told him to wait after the game and he would take some pictures with him. Sure enough Pics right there of the kid and Danks and one of his family and Danks. Danks told him to come to triple threat when he prints those he will sign them for him, and sure enough remembered the kid. For all the crap we get with dumb criminal athletes, Danks scores major points in the quality category. Hal, I dont know how the booking goes for WCSF, but I get the feeling Danks could be a great guest :smile:)

Great story about Danks and the kid. I didn't know too much about him personally, but sounds like he is a class act. Just think when you are a kid how awesome it would be to meet a player at a game and get a picture taken with him, especially with the player going out of his way to do so.. Then think how awesome it would be to have him tell you that he would sign it later for him. And then for him to remember the kid. I'll tell you one thing, there is at least one person out there who will never forget who John Danks is. I have a feeling there might be a lot more.

esbrechtel
07-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Domeshot I heard you say that and it made me chuckle....I also saw the kid with the picture, what a great piece for that kids collection...I hope Danks becomes a Cy Young winner...

Frontman
07-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Sure as heck sounds like a MB clone. Good job John Danks!

Thanks for sharing. Like you said, after all the crappy behavior out of sports guys in recent weeks, nice to see rookies knowing "What its all about."

Domeshot17
07-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Domeshot I heard you say that and it made me chuckle....I also saw the kid with the picture, what a great piece for that kids collection...I hope Danks becomes a Cy Young winner...

You must have been behind my fiancees Dad who busted out this whole diagram of how he wanted the ball signed. Guy has a collection like nothing I have ever seen, and now has a ball signed by all the Sox starting pitchers with either there first win or first sox win (and a lot of hitters first home run)

Brian26
07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Guy has a collection like nothing I have ever seen, and now has a ball signed by all the Sox starting pitchers with either there first win or first sox win (and a lot of hitters first home run)

Are you saying he asks them to inscribe it with the date of their first win?

Patrick134
07-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Yeah. Just taking a random ball and having a guy write the date of his first win on it years after the fact is odd.

Domeshot17
07-29-2007, 09:33 PM

Should have put a little background in, most sox Rookies who stay in the rotation or first year guys, Mike will hunt down for an autograph. He has a system he likes, sig on the sweet spot, date under and under that first win. I was making the joke because he is kind of a nervous guy, and has asked them to do it wrong before then if his bipolar is bad he can get upset about it overnight, little stuff seems to set it off. So we told him to just diagram it and ask them to sign it that way. This has already gotten 10 times more confusing then intended.

WagMan
07-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I just want to add to the already positive comments that have been said about the Danks signing at Triple Threat Sports. The ticket we had was in the 40-50 group and Danks was still very cordial and seemed genuinely happy to be there. There was a lady in front of us who asked that her baby have a photo taken with Danks and as soon as she handed the baby over, he started crying of course. But, Danks handled it very well.

There was also a fan who was kind enough to take a picture of my son with Danks for me because I forgot the camera (Again). Got the pic today and am very appreciateive. So, big props to Danks and the fan with the camera :D:!