PDA

View Full Version : you know, DJ may not be the best announcer...

cheeses_h_rice
04-04-2002, 09:03 PM
But THANK GOD we don't have Joe Carter blabbering about in the Sox booth.

:carter

What a wonderful baseball play by Slammin' Sammy Sosa! It's great when Slammin' Sammy Sosa makes great baseball hits and catches! Pitchers often fear facing Slammin' Sammy Sosa. If Slammin' Sammy Sosa can get on base here of if Slammin' Sammy Sosa can hit a home run, it will help the Cubs, who have Slammin' Sammy Sosa as one of their all-time great clubhouse leaders. Next up is Delino DeShields, who bats 6 batters after Slammin' Sammy Sosa, then Rosy Brown, who bats 7 batters after Slammin' Sammy Sosa.

I can't wait for the 8th inning, when it looks like we'll get to see the great Slammin' Sammy Sosa bat again!

FarWestChicago
04-04-2002, 09:05 PM
LMAO!! Well done, cheeses. :D:

sox_fan_forever
04-04-2002, 09:45 PM
ROTFL!

doublem23
04-04-2002, 09:48 PM
Ha ha ha ha!

/serious demeanor

I hate the Cubs.

kermittheefrog
04-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Joe Carter is frickin horrible. The way he absolutely butchers the english language you wonder how he got a job talking for 3 hours at a time.

GASHWOUND
04-04-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
But THANK GOD we don't have Joe Carter blabbering about in the Sox booth.

What a wonderful baseball play by Slammin' Sammy Sosa! It's great when Slammin' Sammy Sosa makes great baseball hits and catches! Pitchers often fear facing Slammin' Sammy Sosa. If Slammin' Sammy Sosa can get on base here of if Slammin' Sammy Sosa can hit a home run, it will help the Cubs, who have Slammin' Sammy Sosa as one of their all-time great clubhouse leaders. Next up is Delino DeShields, who bats 6 batters after Slammin' Sammy Sosa, then Rosy Brown, who bats 7 batters after Slammin' Sammy Sosa.

I can't wait for the 8th inning, when it looks like we'll get to see the great Slammin' Sammy Sosa bat again!

Yeah, he's the Dickerson of baseball.
And I like DJ, he has a sexy voice :cool: lol

Procol Harum
04-04-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
THANK GOD we don't have Joe Carter blabbering about in the Sox

Amen and amen: three words sum up Carter : Eeee-Deee-Yot. D:

hsc1
04-04-2002, 10:36 PM
gash, nice catch... you happened to hear dj's comment too??? lol ...
when i heard dj say "if i close my eyes hawk you have a real sexy voice", i almost fell off the couch.......then i thought nah he didnt just say that.....(figured it was the plethora of margaritas playin tricks on me).....what i would have given to see a shot to the booth a few seconds after those words left dj's mouth.....lol the look on hawks face had to be priceless......

Huisj
04-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Have you ever noticed how he pronounces Jeff Fassero??
"They gonna go git hep from da boolpen, bringin in a lefty 'ere in da eighth, looks like Jeffer SERRo, come in try and do somedin ta hep the team and maybe comes outta here with, with a victory"

He's such a rambler, and he's great at stating the obvious . . . like when something happens (like a groundball basehit through the hole), he gives an exact play by play as they show a slow motion replay . . .

Last year, when Sosa came up, he said one the weirdest things I've heard an announcer say. It was something like this . . .

"And now with them men on the base and slammin sammy up, he gone n get up dere and be lookin fer that fastball off the pitch he be espectin, and he just be up dere lickin at the chops, sammy'll be lickin at the chops . . ."

And then sammy struck out. too bad

Also once last year he was watching a replay of a guy coming around third and getting thrown out at home, and the replay was in slow motion, and he claimed the guy "got throwed out by 4 seconds, 4 whole seconds if you watch the replay here!"

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 02:53 AM
Dj is such a master of the obvious and a corperate suck hole, I don't think him and Joe Carter are that much different. That's how much I dislike him.

Then you look at it my way. I'm the anti-christ of MLB. I do my best to break every rule possible while announcing a game over the internet. :D: