PDA

View Full Version : Crede Update...

esbrechtel
07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Per whitesox.com
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070723&content_id=2104566&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Its good to hear he is doing well...I really hope he gets to stick around here for one more season, possibly more if he is really 100 percent I really hate how the sox get good players out of their farm system just to let them go when they are in their prime :(:

Patrick134
07-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Per whitesox.com
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070723&content_id=2104566&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Its good to hear he is doing well...I really hope he gets to stick around here for one more season, possibly more if he is really 100 percent I really hate how the sox get good players out of their farm system just to let them go when they are in their prime :(:

I like Crede, but back problems rarely go away, hence it's hard to say he's truly in his "prime".

kittle42
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Prime????

Maybe before he had the back of an 80 year-old.

JB98
07-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I'd like the Sox to bring Crede back. I'd seriously consider Fields as an option for LF next year.

If Crede can't cut it, Josh simply moves back to 3B.

Britt Burns
07-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I'd love to have a 2005-06 Crede around forever, but if he truly wanted to stay with the Sox he would have gotten off-season surgery as they requested. Loyalty is a two-way street, and if he does leave next year or whenever, you can hardly say the sox just 'let' him go.

oeo
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I'd love to have a 2005-06 Crede around forever, but if he truly wanted to stay with the Sox he would have gotten off-season surgery as they requested. Loyalty is a two-way street, and if he does leave next year or whenever, you can hardly say the sox just 'let' him go.

Hasn't there been word that the front office has soured on Crede? I don't think he'll be around for much longer, but with Fields starting to look like the real deal, it doesn't bother me one bit.

Lip Man 1
07-23-2007, 11:55 PM
There were some comments about folks in the organization being upset that Joe didn't have the micro-surgery over the past off season instead opting for a back conditioning program.

What was interesting to me in the story was the comment that he will not try to play again this season... puts the Sox in a tough spot...they have no idea if he'll be able to come close to performing like he did in 05 and 06 and without him being seen, they can't trade him.

The last few years these injuries to Crede, Thomas and Maggs have really put the Sox in a bind because of the contractual implications and the secondary factors.

If a guy is going to get hurt you just wish things would be cut and dried but that hasn't been the case for the Sox with some very key people.

Lip

WhiteSox5187
07-24-2007, 12:53 AM
I think a healthy Joe Crede is our starting third baseman for 2008, but he has to be 100%. Anything less than that, I think Fields has shown he can handled third.

JB98
07-24-2007, 12:57 AM
I think a healthy Joe Crede is our starting third baseman for 2008, but he has to be 100%. Anything less than that, I think Fields has shown he can handled third.

We REALLY, REALLY miss Crede's defense. Fields has shown a lot of promise offensively. I'm still concerned about his glove, however.

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2007, 06:37 AM
We REALLY, REALLY miss Crede's defense. Fields has shown a lot of promise offensively. I'm still concerned about his glove, however.

I think there's room on the team for both Crede and Fields.

Against LHP, Thome could sit (he's bad against LHP), while Crede would play third and Fields could DH. (In these situations Ozuna would play LF).

Against RHP, obviously Fields could play some left field (sharing time with Mackowiak) and back up Crede at third.

Bucky F. Dent
07-24-2007, 07:19 AM
I don't have any dispute with Crede's course of treatment to date, I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV, or the decision not to play him this year.

That said, because we don't know how this is going to effect his game, the Sox would be foolish to sign him to more than a one year deal this off-sseason.

kittle42
07-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I think there's room on the team for both Crede and Fields.

Against LHP, Thome could sit (he's bad against LHP), while Crede would play third and Fields could DH. (In these situations Ozuna would play LF).

Against RHP, obviously Fields could play some left field (sharing time with Mackowiak) and back up Crede at third.

If this is our situation next year, someone tell me now so I don't renew my season tickets.

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
With Credes agent being Scott Boras, the question is, what's he worth and how much is Kenny willing to pay?

K O N E R K O
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Forget Crede. He's a scrub. We don't need any more .210 hitters on this team to go along with half the stiffs we already have. Fields is our franchise 3B. Fields is going to be our 25/95 guy. Enough of these back excuses. If he wasn't healthy enough, he shouldn't have wasted his time playing here because for all I know, the scrub did NOTHING to help this team other than grounding out into inning ending DPs game after game.

GO FIELDS!

The Immigrant
07-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Forget Crede. He's a scrub. We don't need any more .210 hitters on this team to go along with half the stiffs we already have. Fields is our franchise 3B. Fields is going to be our 25/95 guy. Enough of these back excuses. If he wasn't healthy enough, he shouldn't have wasted his time playing here because for all I know, the scrub did NOTHING to help this team other than grounding out into inning ending DPs game after game.

GO FIELDS!

:dtroll:

That's quite the first post.

munchman33
07-24-2007, 11:35 AM

I like his spirit.

soxfan13
07-24-2007, 11:39 AM

He/she has been waiting for a long time to be able throw those words of wisdom out :tongue:

Hokiesox
07-24-2007, 11:51 AM
There were some comments about folks in the organization being upset that Joe didn't have the micro-surgery over the past off season instead opting for a back conditioning program.

What was interesting to me in the story was the comment that he will not try to play again this season... puts the Sox in a tough spot...they have no idea if he'll be able to come close to performing like he did in 05 and 06 and without him being seen, they can't trade him.

The last few years these injuries to Crede, Thomas and Maggs have really put the Sox in a bind because of the contractual implications and the secondary factors.

If a guy is going to get hurt you just wish things would be cut and dried but that hasn't been the case for the Sox with some very key people.

Lip

And Crede is a Boras client, is he not?

Oldfellah
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM

GO FIELDS!

Wow,,, you need to learn how to use the Teal button!!

kittle42
07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
He/she has been waiting for a long time to be able throw those words of wisdom out :tongue:

I half agree with him. Crede ain't god, you know.

Luke
07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
And Crede is a Boras client, is he not?

Yes, he is. Kenny has said in the past, quite bluntly, that does not help things, but they are still willing to talk to Boras. I think Rick Hahn does most of the contract negotiations, so I'm not sure what impact the Williams-Boras realtions have.

soxfan13
07-24-2007, 12:36 PM

Where in my quote did I say he is God. He also isnt the piece of **** he made him out to be.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-24-2007, 05:57 PM

GO FIELDS!

Odd screen name to use when complaining about hitting into DPs.

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Odd screen name to use when complaining about hitting into DPs.

:rolling:

He should have chosen "GIDPaulie" as his screen name.

Jurr
07-24-2007, 09:39 PM

Lip
This just shows how little people in the "organization" know about medicine. Their advisors aren't too bright, either, if they think this was some sort of contract posturing.

The level of success that orthopods and neuro guys have with disc surgeries is not that great, as far as re-establishing a fully functioning anatomical situation. If you experience a herniated disc, you're going to try every possible solution to avoid surgery. Crede was experiencing sciatic nerve issues, so it finally came to surgery. Microsurgery is a stop-gap procedure to take pressure off of the nerve bundles that are impinged upon, but it is by no means a definite cure. Joe can still (very easily) end up losing a lot of range of motion, as well as a relapse of his herniation. It was definitely in his best interests to avoid surgery.

Until this new disc replacement technology gets passed and shows predictable results, people are facing a catch-22 with their overall quality of life and motion. You deal with the pain and nerve problems, or you take on the possible later complications of surgery. I still can't believe that Crede was able to do what he did for so long with his herniations.

esbrechtel
07-25-2007, 12:04 AM

GO FIELDS!
Hangar is that you?:?:

nasox
07-25-2007, 02:00 AM

GO FIELDS!

More like Bonerko.

ode to veeck
07-25-2007, 02:17 AM
More like Bonerko. or Shoota, I guess he doesn't have to count Crede's hits this summer!

It's Dankerific
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM

Hmm... Then why do I have this shrine to him with candles and incense located in my office?

Crede was the real WS 05 MVP...

russ99
07-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Microsurgery is a stop-gap procedure to take pressure off of the nerve bundles that are impinged upon, but it is by no means a definite cure. Joe can still (very easily) end up losing a lot of range of motion, as well as a relapse of his herniation. It was definitely in his best interests to avoid surgery.

Exactly. There's no way of knowing if the same disc problems won't resurface next season, especially since in rehab and training the stress on his back is a lot less than in game conditions.

If he was represented by anyone than Boras, the Sox could bargain in good faith and sign him to a low base deal for a few years with performance bonuses, since there's a desire on both sides to keep Joe on the Sox - but we all know how Boras operates.

Rocky Soprano
07-25-2007, 02:32 PM
While Fields is showing great promise, he ain't no Joe Crede.
I truly hope we get a 100% Crede next year before the Sox decide to let him go.

soxinem1
07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I remember a certain Sox draft pick that was expected to become a 1B because of his lack of footspeed, throwing accuracy, and range. It actually made many teams shy away from picking him.

His name was Robin Ventura.

I remember another minor leaguer who was expected to be a servicable replacement for Ventura, who had some power potential, but was error-prone in the minor leagues, and dubbed 'below average' defensively.

His name is Joe Crede.

While I do not really see Fields becoming another one of them, I think he has been more than acceptable so far, and that more experience on a major league diamond will see further improvement. He made one real nice play in the second game of the DH last night, and while he has bobbled a few grounders, Fields is no butcher who actually shows a little bit of foot-speed and range.

Give him time.

Jurr
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
While Fields is showing great promise, he ain't no Joe Crede.
I truly hope we get a 100% Crede next year before the Sox decide to let him go.
I highly doubt that we'll ever see a 100% Joe Crede for an extended period of time. I hope I'm wrong, but these back cases are baaaaad news.