PDA

View Full Version : What will it take for Walker to get fired?

sox230
07-23-2007, 05:22 PM
I know this question has probably been asked over a million times, but seriously, this team has had one of the single-biggest dropoffs in MLB history. If they are pleased with the way Walker has been "teaching, coaching and working" with the players, following their logic, Walker should never ever be fired, because it cannot get any worse than this. If we are hitting any better than now, then Walker should be fired. My opinion: the Sox will be hypocrits and fire him when the team is hitting better than this.

Lorenzo Barcelo
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I think they are waiting for him to quit on his own this off season.

balke
07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
I heard something in Comcast where they said Walker was paying homage to the hitters who have left and done well away from the organization. Then I think to myself, hmm... could that be a clue? WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THAT HERE?!

Railsplitter
07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Probably, Ozzie will have to get fired first, then hios replac3ement would want his own hitting coach in there.

It's Dankerific
07-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Probably, Ozzie will have to get fired first, then hios replac3ement would want his own hitting coach in there.

Um, How many runs do you want the team to score per game? the offense hasn't been an issue... (lately)

DrewSox56
07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Um, How many runs do you want the team to score per game? the offense hasn't been an issue... (lately)

Just 1 more than every team they are playing against.

But that happens way less than 50% of the time.

Not acceptable.

dickallen15
07-23-2007, 06:39 PM
The White Sox have given up 6 or more runs in 10 of their last 17. It would be foolish to make the hitting coach the scapegoat for this awful team.

TDog
07-23-2007, 06:41 PM

Greg Walker was part of the organization and the White Sox hitting coach before Ozzie Guillen was named manager. Guillen didn't bring in his own hitting coach. Even if the Sox replaced him as hitting coach, he likely would remain in the organization. I think Walker is more likely to get promoted (or take a job as a minor league manager in training to be the White Sox manager someday) than be fired.

JB98
07-23-2007, 06:54 PM
The White Sox have given up 6 or more runs in 10 of their last 17. It would be foolish to make the hitting coach the scapegoat for this awful team.

Our pitching is near the bottom of the league as well. If we're going to scapegoat Walk, Coop probably has to go also. That doesn't seem like the wisest course of action to me.

Really, there are fewer than 10 players on this club who have produced anywhere near expectations.

Buehrle, Garland, Javy and Jenks are the only four pitchers who have been worth a damn. Danks has been OK for a rookie.

The hitters, Thome, Konerko and Mackowiak are the only ones who have been even decent. And even JT and Paulie haven't played up to their capabilities.

Law11
07-23-2007, 06:54 PM
This team has messed all over.
One coach isnt going to fix this..

It doesnt help that youve had key guys down.
Crede, Thome, Dye, Pods, Erstad, Ozuna.

And a bullpen that has multiple guys that started the season now in AAA
while bringing up young guys with no clue how to throw strikes consistently.
You might as well add coop to this discussion for lack of production then.

This falls on Kenny and he knows it. Overestimating a non-established young bullpen at the start has killed us.

This whole thing goes into the whos fault is it poll.
Everyone's... Walker isnt the reason we are in last place.

soxwon
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
after this season is ovah.
i hear Tony Muser will take over.

Nellie_Fox
07-24-2007, 12:54 AM
after this season is ovah.
i hear Tony Muser will take over.
Kenny.
Airport.
Cellphone.