PDA

View Full Version : KW - Critical to success

kingpin_rcs
04-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Not Kenny Willimas, Kelley Wunch! I feel that he was an extremely important part of the 2000 team. Having quality middle relief from the left side can make a huge difference. Unfortunately, he is still injured and there is no telling if he will ever return to the way he was. If he can come back healthy, the Sox bullpen ERA and success will improve.

:kelly
Wait till I get back!

hold2dibber
04-04-2002, 04:35 PM
I certainly hope Kelly comes back and comes back strong. But I have no faith that he will. He had one good year, which was completely unprecedented in even his minor league career. It smells like a one hit wonder to me (see Mike Caruso for a prominent example of the syndrome). I'm feel much more optimistic about the return of Parque and Biddle (assuming they're healthy). Although he'll never be a innings eater, Parque is a decent pitcher who battles hard and keeps the team in the ball game. With this offense, that's all you need. And Biddle has huge stones and a great arm - if he's healthy, I really expect some great things out of him soon. If those two come back healthy, the pitching staff gets significantly better in a hurry.