PDA

View Full Version : Is the Sky Falling?


voodoochile
04-04-2002, 02:57 PM
Make your pick...

moochpuppy
04-04-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Make your pick...

At the very least you would think the roof is caving in here at WSI. :(:

voodoochile
04-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy


At the very least you would think the roof is caving in here at WSI. :(:

Actully, I am wondering if it is just a very vocal minority that is making it seem that way. That is why I posted the poll, because I want to see how the majority of the people feel. Plus, it's an off day (don't know how I manage to survive during the NFL season, today feels like an eternity), and hence a slow news day...

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 03:17 PM
You forgot one choice........

"It's a long season, if you're worried about other teamn in our crappy division, take some ..........


:prozac

ode to veeck
04-04-2002, 03:26 PM
bullpen help could be dumping the howrys of the pen for new bodies .. or nuturing the healing shoulders and labrums to a more effective state (parque, barcello etc)--how you do the latter path is tough ... how long do you wait before taking action-the sox can't afford to have an ineffective pen (other than osuna and foulke-assuming last night's an exception for him--hard to debate his effectiveness over last 3 seasons)

FarWestChicago
04-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Actully, I am wondering if it is just a very vocal minority that is making it seem that way.Yes, there is a vocal minority, one Twinks troll (and I don't mean ma-gaga) and one completely outrageous, cross-posting, "I love to see the Sox lose", spamming troll that create the illusion that we all think the Sox are doomed.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yes, there is a vocal minority, one Twinks troll (and I don't mean ma-gaga) and one completely outrageous, cross-posting, "I love to see the Sox lose", spamming troll that create the illusion that we all think the Sox are doomed.

Not that i spend a lot of time hear or anything. , but I'll bet I know exactly who you're talking about. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
04-04-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yes, there is a vocal minority, one Twinks troll (and I don't mean ma-gaga) and one completely outrageous, cross-posting, "I love to see the Sox lose", spamming troll that create the illusion that we all think the Sox are doomed.

I know your not talking about me!

foulkesfan11
04-05-2002, 08:49 AM
I miss Sean Lowe.

Iguana775
04-05-2002, 10:58 AM
maybe it is not the sky that is falling....maybe it is the GROUND that is rising. lol.

Iguana775
04-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
bullpen help could be dumping the howrys of the pen for new bodies .. or nuturing the healing shoulders and labrums to a more effective state (parque, barcello etc)--how you do the latter path is tough ... how long do you wait before taking action-the sox can't afford to have an ineffective pen (other than osuna and foulke-assuming last night's an exception for him--hard to debate his effectiveness over last 3 seasons)

another thing that will help is....

:firenardi

Paulwny
04-05-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775


another thing that will help is....

:firenardi


Lou Piniella on the firing of Nardi:

Relief pitching was the Mariners' biggest problem. Mike Timlin was becoming the best two-strike pitcher in the game, but he couldn't put batters away. Heathcliff Slocumb was having trouble with his mechanics and fastball.

"These guys are going to be all right, but they need Stan Williams' experience,'' Piniella says. "He's been a winner in the big leagues as a hard thrower and a control pitcher and he's been a pitching coach for a World Series championship team (1990 Cincinnati). He's got to give these guys some answers. I think relaxation is part of the equation.''

Contreras has pitched eight games in the big leagues. Williams pitched 462.

"The starters can have a lot to do with our bullpen,'' Piniella says. "We have some problems to work out in the bullpen, but if our starters start going six or seven innings, that's going to take a lot of pressure from the relievers. Any bullpen that works too much isn't going to be any good.''

Iwritecode
04-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yes, there is a vocal minority, one Twinks troll (and I don't mean ma-gaga) and one completely outrageous, cross-posting, "I love to see the Sox lose", spamming troll that create the illusion that we all think the Sox are doomed.

I just have really no idea who you are talking about. Why, it could be just about anybody on here. A troll? I thought people were made to leave when they trolled?

:)

bjmarte
04-05-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


I just have really no idea who you are talking about. Why, it could be just about anybody on here. A troll? I thought people were made to leave when they trolled?

:)

LOL :smile:

doublem23
04-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


I just have really no idea who you are talking about. Why, it could be just about anybody on here. A troll? I thought people were made to leave when they trolled?

:)

*****!

moochpuppy
04-05-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


I just have really no idea who you are talking about. Why, it could be just about anybody on here. A troll? I thought people were made to leave when they trolled?

:)

Hey, you really do write code. :D:

BTW, is this the new color for "read between the lines"?

voodoochile
04-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy


Hey, you really do write code. :D:

BTW, is this the new color for "read between the lines"?

I think that is actually "red between the lines..."