PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morgan not that bright

Railsplitter
07-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I know it's like saying the sky is blue around here, but Tonight's Cardinals-Braves game on ESPN had a question about the team Tony la Russa has defeated the most times. It was multiple choice and one was the Brewers, the one team that has been in both leagues, and La Russa has mamaged in both, yet Morgan went with the Mariners

getonbckthr
07-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I guessing he forgot about the switch and assumed because Oakland has been in the division as Seatlle for ever.

Rockin Robin
07-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Bernard (Princeton, NJ): Hi Joe! At one point do the Red Sox start to worry about that team in the Bronx?

Joe Morgan: I think they have to worry about them now, because the Yankees are playing great. Roger Clemens have given them a shot in the arm, even though they're 3-6 in his starts. He's added life to a dead situation. I think they will stay in the race, but if Boston simply plays normally, the Yankees won't catch them.

Ken Tremendous: It's Clemens? Clemens is the one who is making the difference. Clemens, who had a 5.32 ERA in his first five starts, in which the Yankees went 1-4. It's him. The guy who gave up 5 earned in 5 weak to the DRays two starts ago. It's Clemens. Not ARod, who had a 1.281 OPS over those first five starts, in June. Not Wang, or Abreu heating up, or Cano heating up. It's been Clemens, who, by your own admission, hasn't pitched that great.

This is the laziest possible explanation for what has made the Yankees start winning. The real reason is: they were getting very unlucky and were underperforming, based on their runs scored/runs allowed Expected W/L formula (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070720&type=exp&br=3&year=2007&column=gamesBehind&order=false&st=2), and it was only a matter of time until that changed. The dumb-as-nails Joe Morgan reason is: Roger Clemens! He's a good pitcher. He joined the team. The team started winning. Ergo: Clemens is the reason.

If Joe Morgan saw someone eating a Clark Bar on the street, and it started to rain, he would explain the rain by saying, "That guy ate some candy -- that was the difference right there."

Oblong
07-23-2007, 01:54 PM
For those that do not know, the above post is from www.firejoemorgan.com (http://www.firejoemorgan.com)

Rockin Robin
07-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Whoops.

Yeah all credit goes to the fine gentleman at www.firejoemorgan.com