PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Reinsdorf: Fire Kenny Williams

RKMeibalane
04-04-2002, 03:06 PM
Williams is a moron. It's that simple. Yesterday, he was making excuses regarding the Sox bullpen problems to start the season. He said something about how Billy Koch had the same problem for Oakland, telling people to look at boxscores.

Now, I am aware that other teams are having their problems as well, but I DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHER TEAMS! I care about the Sox. And right now, I see a team that can't finish games well. The Sox have hit well enough and gotten good enough pitching from their starters so far, but the bullpen has been awful. If this crap continues, the Sox can forget about the postseason. Nobody makes it that far without a solid bullpen, something they don't have.

If Williams doesn't stop making excuses for the likes of Bob Howry and Gary Glover, then he needs to be fired. He just hasn't gotten it done as general manager. If he had a brain, he would realize that it doesn't matter what other teams are doing. All that matters is that his team wins. The rest will take care of itself. The Whitesox are not the Cubs- as fans, WE do not settle for a losing record every year. Williams shouldn't either. If players aren't producing, then they need to go. Williams probably does do, because he's the one who is responsible for them being on the roster in the first place.

RKMeibalane
04-04-2002, 03:09 PM
...Reinsdorf probably wouldn't fire Williams if his life depended on it. He's so stupid that he'll live and die with Williams until he has to move the team to Cuba.

:reinsy

"Kenny Williams is the best general manger we've had since Ken Harrelson. You can quote me on that."

moochpuppy
04-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Whitesox are not the Cubs- as fans, WE do not settle for a losing record every year. Williams shouldn't either. If players aren't producing, then they need to go. Williams probably does do, because he's the one who is responsible for them being on the roster in the first place.

First, the Sox have only had 5 losing records since 1989. This is their best stretch of seasons since the early 60's. Second, Williams has only been on the job a little over a year. He is hardly responsible for most of these guys being on the roster.

My God people, it's three games. Quit being a bunch of wet blankets!

duke of dorwood
04-04-2002, 05:27 PM
He is responsible for all that goes on. That goes with the job. When it's good and when it's bad too. He should be stand up enough when things are bad, but he isnt. That includes critique of the manager.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 05:57 PM
What has been That terrible about his moves? We lost singleton so we get Lofton and Harris in return. Not too Shabby.

The Gurier move pissed me off till I found out Wunsch was hurt again. He got what we needed again.

Ok. The Wells move sucked, but good intentions were there, and so did the choice move.

Osuna looks like a good move now.

A few of the minor league trades made no sense, but he has gotten everything we need when he knew there was a weak spot .

Let's see what he does about the bullpen. Maybe another move needs to be made for mid-relief? Or bring someone up? Or wait till Butter and Biddle are ready. For the budget JR gives him, I don't think he's been horrible or needs to be fired just yet.

:hawk
"I destroyed a team faster then any Sox GM."

doublem23
04-04-2002, 06:13 PM
the only deal thusfar that had been REALLY stupid was the Clayton for Myette deal, especially since Kenny admitted he only picked up Royce so he could turn around and deal him again. Unfortunately, no one else is stupid enough to pick him up.

:KW
D'oh! Oh well... Maybe that Berry guy can pitch... I like his arm.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
the only deal thusfar that had been REALLY stupid was the Clayton for Myette deal, especially since Kenny admitted he only picked up Royce so he could turn around and deal him again. Unfortunately, no one else is stupid enough to pick him up.

D'oh! Oh well... Maybe that Berry guy can pitch... I like his arm.

Or is it "Barry"

alohafri
04-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey, lay off our guys. They aren't the only relievers blowing games. Everyone is blowing games!

:sopranos
Let us take care of this whiney Stanford guy.

Mathew
04-04-2002, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doublem23
[B]the only deal thusfar that had been REALLY stupid was the Clayton for Myette deal, especially since Kenny admitted he only picked up Royce so he could turn around and deal him again. Unfortunately, no one else is stupid enough to pick him up.

Since I agree wholehartedly it pains me to say that Myette(Canadian or not) is not on a major league roster and wouldn't shore any of our problems, Clayton could start on many teams in the major leagues (however not ours)

doublem23
04-04-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
Since I agree wholehartedly it pains me to say that Myette(Canadian or not) is not on a major league roster and wouldn't shore any of our problems, Clayton could start on many teams in the major leagues (however not ours)

Oh, I'm not crying that we lost Myette, but we could have used his percieved value to invest in a position we were actually weak at... Such as catcher, for example...

Oh, wait, we had a good catcher, too.

:reinsy
How much do you expect me to pay these guys? There's no competing with the financial juggernaut they got there in Miami.

Cheryl
04-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doublem23
[B]the only deal thusfar that had been REALLY stupid was the Clayton for Myette deal, especially since Kenny admitted he only picked up Royce so he could turn around and deal him again.

Well, there was that Barry/Berry thing. So there's two.

baggio202
04-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

Well, there was that Barry/Berry thing. So there's two.

i believe youll see the ritchie deal move to the top of that list by the end of the season..no matter how well ritchie does

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

i believe youll see the ritchie deal move to the top of that list by the end of the season..no matter how well ritchie does

Careful.............Kip won 10 games with a good offense. You might want to apologise early. And by the way baggs, Kip will never be good because he's a big *****! We've gone through tis before. :D:

Vsahajpal
04-05-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Careful.............Kip won 10 games with a good offense. You might want to apologise early. And by the way baggs, Kip will never be good because he's a big *****! We've gone through tis before. :D:

I'll respectfully disagree. If the Sox were as patient with Wells as they are being with Garland...

Wells was drafted in 98, and was rushed to the big leagues by 99.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=6301

While not dramatic, he had actually improved.

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 10:13 AM
I believe Kip has great stuff and all and has the potential, I just think he's a head case and that's what will stop him from being as good as he can be. I don't know if it's because they rushed him or if that's just him, but he's just a real sissy IMO and I think that's his whole problem.

doublem23
04-05-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I believe Kip has great stuff and all and has the potential, I just think he's a head case and that's what will stop him from being as good as he can be.

:ray
Were you talking about me, too?

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Were you talking about me, too?

WTP (Warning track power!)
I'm a power hitter now