PDA

View Full Version : *Official* So Close To A Win: Red Vs. White Round 1: Game 4 7/22/2007 Postagme Thread

MCHSoxFan
07-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Nice effort by the White Sox in the 7th and 9th innings. I just wish Jon pitched GOOD.

HOWEVER, there is NO exuse for NOT doing anything in the 9th inning!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
This has been a big problem for the White Sox this year. NOT EVERYTHING CLICKS!!!!

NOW, LET'S GET THOSE TIGERS!!!! :D:

DumpJerry
07-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Go Bears.

stl_sox_fan
07-22-2007, 05:22 PM
As bad as the pitching was...that was a winnable game. Strand 'em loaded more than once, not good.

BeviBall!
07-22-2007, 05:23 PM
When, oh when, will the ax fall?

ilsox7
Well, PK certainly was not a good fastball hitter on this day. But no surprises, the better team won today.

whitesoxfan
Go Packers.

oeo
07-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Garland has been Mr. Inconsistent lately. He cannot finish anyone...it's terrible.

Today...:puking:

ThomesHomie
07-22-2007, 05:25 PM
3 hits, 8 runs..............

Tragg
07-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Walks destroyed Sox pitching this weekend - putting men on bases and then the get-me-over pitches ending up in the seats. I know Ozzie wants his hitters hacking away up there, but he might take notice anyway.

This was pitiful today. Bases loaded and 1 out in the 7th - no runs; bases loaded and 0 outs in the 9th - zero runs. Good effort? close to a win? Lord help us.

Officially in last place. A terrible 4-7 on the roadtrip but per the manager, this team's a contender, and Ertsad's coming back soon....can't wait.

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2007, 05:26 PM
So close to a win?:?: Anyways, we had golden opportunities in the last 3 innings and stunk the place up as always. Not much else to say other than we are very bad and I am looking forward to seeing the dismantling of this team.

NoNeckEra
07-22-2007, 05:28 PM
So close to a win?:?: Anyways, we had golden opportunities in the last 3 innings and stunk the place up as always. Not much else to say other than we are very bad and I am looking forward to seeing the dismantling of this team.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

SoxSpeed22
07-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the Sox season. Bases loaded twice, and only score one run. This team is crap, just reload for next year.
Oh, and welcome to last place. :thud:

Sad
07-22-2007, 05:29 PM
bases loaded twice and Konerko can't even get the ball out of the damn infield... :angry:
I'm getting real tired of watching this crap every day & night:mad:

kittle42
07-22-2007, 05:30 PM
9 days til somebody's gone!

BeviBall!
So close to a win?:?:

I'll see that and raise you :?::?::?:. I thought I was looking at some post game thread from April or something at first.

AJ Hellraiser
When, oh when, will the ax fall?

July 31st.... and probably not a day sooner

the trade market is terrible right now (as if anything else can go wrong for the Sox this year).... KW has to hang onto his tradable parts until the last possible moment and hope someone panics and increases their offer

With the season basically being over, there is no sense in making a trade 1 week in advance of the deadline just for the sake of moving pieces

kittle42
I'm getting real tired of watching this crap every day & night:mad:

Then I suggest you do what I did....stop watching.

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, and welcome to last place. :thud:
God this sucks.:whiner:

ilsox7
07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I'll see that and raise you :?::?::?:. I thought I was looking at some post game thread from April or something at first.

In my mind, we won. In fact, I think I'll be cracking open a celebratory beer!

BeviBall!
07-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold for me! What's drinking by you?

AJ Hellraiser
07-22-2007, 05:32 PM
God this sucks.:whiner:

Yes, we are officially worse than the Kansas City Royals... I've said that before in a joking manner when I am frustrated with the team

I can't believe it's actually true... :whiner::angry::whiner:

TomParrish79
07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
ehhh it could be worse

l

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Whatever you have to tell yourself to get through these dark times Ilsox.

ilsox7
07-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold for me! What's drinking by you?

I'm debating. I had a KBS yesterday. Right now I've got a Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere Grand Reserve slightly chilling to drinking temperature. That may be the winner.

whitesoxfan
Then I suggest you do what I did....stop watching.

Yep, that's what I did too. It's not fun watching the Kane County Cougars on TV.

Dan Mega
Sox are in last place.

ilsox7
07-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Whatever you have to tell yourself to get through these dark times Ilsox.

Yea. As with most things in life, 90% of the game is half mental. :D:

I could either be all depressed about this team or take it for what it is: a bad baseball team. I choose the latter. I'll be at the game tomorrow night enjoying a summer evening at the ballpark.

BeviBall!
07-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm debating. I had a KBS yesterday. Right now I've got a Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere Grand Reserve slightly chilling to drinking temperature. That may be the winner.

Audible for me. Since we're now officially in last, I'm bringing out the big guns. Rochefort #10.

ilsox7
07-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Audible for me. Since we're now officially in last, I'm bringing out the big guns. Rochefort #10.

Nice. I am doing a full Trappist tasting Saturday. We have literally every beer a Trappist Brewery makes, including a magnum of Chimay Blue bottled in 1993. I think it's like 24 beers total.

MCHSoxFan
07-22-2007, 05:38 PM
So close to a win? :angry:

No, what I meant was that we had so many chances/oppertunites to score a ton of runs. This is what made it so close for us to get a WIN!!! :angry:

BeviBall!
07-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Nice. I am doing a full Trappist tasting Saturday. We have literally every beer a Trappist Brewery makes, including a magnum of Chimay Blue bottled in 1993. I think it's like 24 beers total.

Sweet! I'll be making a dent in my newly attained case of Oberon. I'm still trying to track down a Westy 12 but have been too busy to look.

I guess I should make a Sox reference here somewhere... oh yeah, last place. Almost forgot.

Fenway
07-22-2007, 05:44 PM
White Sox DID NOT QUIT on Sunday

This team is NOT mailing it in

BeviBall!
07-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Moral victories are for Waveland Ave. This team is a disgrace.

ChiSoxFan7
07-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Sox are in last place.

tied actually. do they have tie breakers for last place?

ilsox7
07-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Sweet! I'll be making a dent in my newly attained case of Oberon. I'm still trying to track down a Westy 12 but have been too busy to look.

I guess I should make a Sox reference here somewhere... oh yeah, last place. Almost forgot.

I've got a modest (though dwindling) stash of Westy 12s. Two will be put into use Saturday. You can get some Westy on ebay, though you'll pay a pretty penny. The other option is straight from Belgium, which also costs a lot more than it used to.

NoNeckEra
07-22-2007, 05:50 PM

If this is all we accomplished today, sorry, that's not going to cut it.

These are "supposed to be" major leaguers.

When Northwestern football lost 31 in a row some years ago, they said they "always played hard till the final down".

Is that where we're at with this team?

BeviBall!
07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I've got a modest (though dwindling) stash of Westy 12s. Two will be put into use Saturday. You can get some Westy on ebay, though you'll pay a pretty penny. The other option is straight from Belgium, which also costs a lot more than it used to.

Yeah, the $30 shipping charges from Belgium are way too steep for me. And $42 shipping from eBay! Yeeouch!

Tragg
07-22-2007, 05:53 PM

Trying their best and still getting their rears kicked....I think I feel worse.

ilsox7
07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, the $30 shipping charges from Belgium are way too steep for me. And $42 shipping from eBay! Yeeouch!

It used to be that you could get 8 Westy 12s, 8 Westy 8s, and 8 Westy Blondes for about 200 bucks, including all shipping and the crate. Now I think it's up to about 600 bucks.

Chicken Dinner
07-22-2007, 06:09 PM
With the loss, the White Sox fell into a tie for last place in the AL Central with the Kansas City Royals. The White Sox have not been in last place this late in the year since the final day of the 1989 season, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Unbelievable. Nice:(:

Law11
07-22-2007, 06:10 PM
http://www.bearstrainingcamp.info/

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-22-2007, 06:10 PM
LAST PLACE? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? :angry:

kittle42
07-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Oh brother. Fenway, go celebrate your beloved Carmines and quit trying to make us feel any differently about our team.

ButtCheeseBubba
07-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Those darned field shadows caused Thome to whiff in the 9th and PK to GIDP. On a cloudy day, the Sox would have won.

JB98
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh brother. Fenway, go celebrate your beloved Carmines and quit trying to make us feel any differently about our team.

Yeah, I don't need a sympathy card. When the Sox got to Boston on Thursday, all of "Red Sox Nation" was ready to commit suicide because the "Yankees are coming" or whatever. Well, we made sure the Red Sox got well real quick.

Thome and Konerko, bad day for them. It's hard to come back from an 8-1 deficit, but we had our best guys at the plate with a chance. Just couldn't get it done. It's surprising because both Jim and Paul have been swinging well the last few weeks. Not today. Can't believe Konerko took first-ball, fastball strike from Papelbon in the ninth. Go up there swinging, for God's sake!

The loss all goes back to Garland though. He walked five and gave up two 3-run HRs. He richly deserves this loss. Terrible performance. Despite the lousy ABs from the middle of our order, six through nine in the lineup stepped up today and helped us produce five runs. Enough runs to win if you get good pitching.

A. Cavatica
07-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, last place, but we're just a hair away from being really good.

(How far are we from being really bad?)

Lip Man 1
07-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Even with the flaws on this club that many saw in the spring, I never would have thought for a minute they would fall so much to be in last place...never.

Baseball is a funny game.

Lip

Patrick134
07-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Even with the flaws on this club that many saw in the spring, I never would have thought for a minute they would fall so much to be in last place...never.

Lip

Remember though, you are talking about the best division in baseball. The Sox would easily be in the hunt in any NL division.

ilsox7
07-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Remember though, you are talking about the best division in baseball. The Sox would easily be in the hunt in any NL division.

No they wouldn't. With the current bullpen, this team would not be in contention in any division in baseball except AAA.

Lip Man 1
07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Agreed.

Lip

Soxfanspcu11
07-22-2007, 09:16 PM
The 2007 White Sox blow. End of story.

Let's not be like the fans of a certain northside team that make excuses for everything.

I think that the majority of Sox fans are smart enough to know when their team is bad. No blame, no excuses, the team is bad, that's it.

Sure it sucks, but **** happens, it will get better.

And besides, 2005 was only 2 years ago, so we can live off that for a little bit longer.

All will be okay. This is just one of those years.

Move Along.

dagotony06
07-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Didn't we go 4-14 against the NL this year?? This team is just plain BAD. It's as simple as that.

SluggersAway
07-22-2007, 10:03 PM
If it is any consolation, my brother/White Sox just beat Boston 18-8 on Wii's "The Bigs."

A very fun game by the way.

RowanDye
07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
The 2007 White Sox blow. End of story.

Let's not be like the fans of a certain northside team that make excuses for everything.

I think that the majority of Sox fans are smart enough to know when their team is bad. No blame, no excuses, the team is bad, that's it.

Sure it sucks, but **** happens, it will get better.

And besides, 2005 was only 2 years ago, so we can live off that for a little bit longer.

All will be okay. This is just one of those years.

Move Along.

I'd like to be optimistic, but this team has a lot of holes right now. Maybe some guys (i.e. Uribe, Iguchi, Pierzynski...) are just having bad years, and will be better next year. If not though, this could get even worse before it gets better. By worse, I mean we might not even be contenders next year.

SluggersAway
07-22-2007, 10:11 PM
When were we contenders this year?

It really can't get any worse.

ChiSoxFan7
07-22-2007, 10:19 PM
If it is any consolation, my brother/White Sox just beat Boston 18-8 on Wii's "The Bigs."

sounds kinda like an '05 postseason game....did scotty pods homer?

AND the more important question

wii has real life games?

Dick Allen
07-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I haven't done much viewing of any games since the season was over at the end of May. However, I had the pleasure of tuning in the 9th when the bases were loaded with no outs. Let's have a show of hands of all people who DIDN'T think GIDPKonerko was going to GIDP. He tries to pull a pitch on the outside part of the plate, instant DP, instead of going with it the other way. We've been seeing way too much of this garbage from everybody.

Lip Man 1
07-22-2007, 11:13 PM
"The fans are angry and disappointed. They have the right to think the way they want to think. But the fans shouldn't think that we're just here and being excited about this scenario, because we don't. I'm embarrassed. I'm sad. Everything you can put out there is on me because I have the responsibility of this ballclub." -- Ozzie Guillen to Mark Gonzales, Chicago Tribune.

ChiSoxGirl
07-22-2007, 11:19 PM

Did anyone hear the guy call in to the postgame show this afternoon, talking about video games and the Sox? :?: It was puzzling, but hysterical at the same time, especially when they started playing video game music in the background for almost all of the 5+ minutes he was on the air. Rongey didn't cut him of at all- he just let him go on and on!

BTW, Rongey gave WSI another shout out on today's postgame. He mentioned Friday night's remote at Ozzie's and acknowledged his friends from WSI who were there. :cool:

CLR01
07-22-2007, 11:24 PM

Maybe that will get them an exemption into the playoffs...

The "they just won a world series" works when you are missing the playoffs yet still winning 90 games but it doesn't quite do the trick when you are hanging with Kansas City in last place. At least "C" comes before "K" http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/shrug.gif

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Good call, we didn't quit we just did noting. We kicked a gift horse in the mouth for the 40th time this year. If Fenway thinks that's the way some Sox fans feel he is wrong. Our team stinks, any fan in their mind knows this team stinks, so even when we look like we have a pulse all of a sudden we get thrown down four flights of stairs.

tstrike2000
07-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Before the season, I would have bet time travel would be more possible than the Sox being in the AL Central cellar on 7/22/07. Glad I never made that bet.

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Before the season, I would have bet time travel would be more possible than the Sox being in the AL Central cellar on 7/22/07. Glad I never made that bet.
You should have made that time travel bet, we could have brought Rowand back.:hug:

CLR01
07-22-2007, 11:41 PM
You should have made that time travel bet, we could have brought Rowand back.:hug:

At least then I'd have someone to throw things at. It wouldn't help the Sox sucking part though.....:rolleyes:

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2007, 11:46 PM
At least then I'd have someone to thrown things at. It wouldn't help the Sox sucking part though.....:rolleyes:
:DJ
"I've seen a lot of things thrown at Aaron that he has hit."

Patrick134
07-22-2007, 11:54 PM

Lip

Quick question Lip.. If you knew before the season how many games Pods, Erstad, Crede and Thome were going to miss, where would you have placed the Sox ? Thats before even taking into account bullpen struggles, or massive slumps lineup wide. With all those injuries, this club would be extremely lucky to be sniffing the division lead. The fact they were 4 games over .500 in late May was amazing considering they were hitting under .230 as a team. But the weight of all those massive crushing injuries was just too much to bear.

CLR01
07-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Quick question Lip.. If you knew before the season how many games Pods, Erstad, Crede and Thome were going to miss, where would you have placed the Sox ? Thats before even taking into account bullpen struggles, or massive slumps lineup wide. With all those injuries, this club would be extremely lucky to be sniffing the division lead. The fact they were 4 games over .500 in late May was amazing considering they were hitting under .230 as a team. But the weight of all those massive crushing injuries was just too much to bear.

Keep telling yourself that. I believe it helps to tap your heels and spin around in a circle of candles. :dunno:

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Keep telling yourself that. I believe it helps to tap your heels and spin around in a circle of candles. :dunno:
:willdonextsoxgame:

Patrick134
07-23-2007, 12:11 AM

Rigggggggggggggght. A team with Gonzales, Terrero, Fields, Sweeney, AAAnderson, and Owens getting major playing time by all rights should be planning a world series parade by now. Keep telling yourself that.

Fenway
07-23-2007, 12:15 AM

Carmines is a Chicago only term for Boston. Where Hawk came up with it I have no idea but it did not come from Boston. What pains me to type based on the last 7 days at Fenway, Kansas City is a better club than Chicago.

CLR01
07-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Rigggggggggggggght. A team with Gonzales, Terrero, Fields, Sweeney, AAAnderson, and Owens getting major playing time by all rights should be planning a world series parade by now. Keep telling yourself that.

Yeah because I said we should be a world series team with those guys. They weren't very good with Pods in the lineup and he doesn't bring anything to the table that Owens hasn't since coming back up, they were just as bad when Thome went down as they have been with him in the lineup, ditto Erstad and Crede. This team couldn't hit and the bullpen couldn't pitch, regardless of who they were running out there, for two and a half months but we will ignore that and pretend that Podsednik and Erstad would have carried the offense during April, May and June and that between Thome, Crede, Podsednik, Erstad and Ozuna we would have found two or three guys to anchor the bullpen and bridge the gap to Jenks and the Sox would be 5-10 games in front. Hey dude, there's always next year...

:smokin: You probably also believe Rowand is the missing link.

Soxfanspcu11
07-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Maybe that will get them an exemption into the playoffs...

The "they just won a world series" works when you are missing the playoffs yet still winning 90 games but it doesn't quite do the trick when you are hanging with Kansas City in last place. At least "C" comes before "K" http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/shrug.gif

My point was that the White Sox brought the most recent championship to Chicago.

That was not even 2 full years ago.

Until some other Chicago pro sports team wins it all, the 2005 Sox hold that distinction.

What happened in 2005 can never be changed, and although the Sox blow this year, '05 still gives the Sox bragging rights. If only for what I mentioned above.

CLR01
07-23-2007, 02:13 AM
My point was that the White Sox brought the most recent championship to Chicago.

That was not even 2 full years ago.

Until some other Chicago pro sports team wins it all, the 2005 Sox hold that distinction.

What happened in 2005 can never be changed, and although the Sox blow this year, '05 still gives the Sox bragging rights. If only for what I mentioned above.

My last place team is better than your first/second place team because they won a championship more recently? I don't know if I buy that. I'm not trying to take away 2005 but it doesn't make me feel better about 2007. I don't want to be sitting around in 2020 talking about how great 2005 was and how it bought the Sox time and eases the sting of the Sox doing nothing since.

ilsox7
07-23-2007, 02:15 AM
My last place team is better than your first/second place team because they won a championship more recently? I don't know if I buy that. I'm not trying to take away 2005 but it doesn't make me feel better about 2007. I don't want to be sitting around in 2020 talking about how great 2005 was and how it bought the Sox time and eases the sting of the Sox doing nothing since.

C'mon, you know that does not happen in Chicago. I mean, it's not like people in this city gather and reminisce about the 1985 Bears, do they?

CLR01
07-23-2007, 02:19 AM
C'mon, you know that does not happen in Chicago. I mean, it's not like people in this city gather and reminisce about the 1985 Bears, do they?

The Bears won in 1985? I never would have known that, I'm surprised more people don't talk about it. They probably should have put out a record or something back then that people could listen to today.

Soxfanspcu11
07-23-2007, 02:23 AM

I never said that the Sox were better than anyone. Look at my first post in this thread, I said the 2007 Sox blow.

All I was saying was that what the Sox accomplished in 2005 does give them some "leeway"(sp).

Imagine if the Sox lost to Houston in '05, '07 would be that much worse if it indeed was unfolding as it is now.

But I agree with you about sitting around in 2020 and waxing poetetically about 2005 and talking about how that was the high point. I hope to God that that does not happen.

But let's use the 1985 Bears as an example. That season gave them a pass for the next few years in a lot of fans eyes because of what they accomplished that year. And yes, I do know that many consider that '85 Bears team to be the greatest ever, but still.

To put it another way, if the Sox lost the World Series in 2005, and had the 2006 they had and then had the 2007 that they are currently having, do you believe that Kenny Williams would still be the GM?

JB98
07-23-2007, 02:23 AM

That's one of my pet peeves. The fact that people still celebrate that team is proof that the Bears have done very little since.

I don't want the same fate to befall the Sox.

ilsox7
07-23-2007, 02:25 AM
That's one of my pet peeves. The fact that people still celebrate that team is proof that the Bears have done very little since.

I don't want the same fate to befall the Sox.

Agreed. But 2005 does take some of the sting out of 2007. I'm also a big KW fan so I think we will be a contender again sooner rather than later. But only time will tell.

CLR01
07-23-2007, 02:32 AM
All I was saying was that what the Sox accomplished in 2005 does give them some "leeway"(sp).

But when does that end? Next year? The year after? How much goodwill does one championship buy? When does the honeymoon end?

Imagine if the Sox lost to Houston in '05, '07 would be that much worse if it indeed was unfolding as it is now.

I don't know, to me they would still be a last place team anyway you slice it.

To put it another way, if the Sox lost the World Series in 2005, and had the 2006 they had and then had the 2007 that they are currently having, do you believe that Kenny Williams would still be the GM?

Yes, I do. Now if the Sox had finished with 80 wins in '05 and '06 and '07 played out the same way I do believe his job would at the very least be in serious jeopardy right now.

ZombieRob
07-23-2007, 03:36 AM
1 post season in 7 years as Sox G.M,is that considered a successful term as G.M ? Or should the Sox have had more success?

oeo
07-23-2007, 03:48 AM
1 post season in 7 years as Sox G.M,is that considered a successful term as G.M ? Or should the Sox have had more success?

That's the norm for the Sox, and has been for years. He also brought us our first championship in 88 years, with that one postseason. And BTW, I think that 'norm' is going to change soon enough.

That is not the only reason I support him, though. I like how he goes about his business, and overall I agree with his ideas.

Something changed in 2004 when he hired Ozzie...it was that need to win now. He rebuilt that club starting midway through the 2004 season, and then it dominated the entire 2005 season. 2006, was a year of disappointment...who knew that the starting pitching would collapse (mostly Buehrle)? That team had what it would take to win a second title, they just underachieved. This year, it's looking like he made some bad decisions in the bullpen, but outside of that bullpen, this team could be something special. Kenny will fix this and we'll be contending again next year.

Soxfanspcu11
07-23-2007, 03:48 AM
But when does that end? Next year? The year after? How much goodwill does one championship buy? When does the honeymoon end?

I don't know, to me they would still be a last place team anyway you slice it.

Yes, I do. Now if the Sox had finished with 80 wins in '05 and '06 and '07 played out the same way I do believe his job would at the very least be in serious jeopardy right now.

What you say in your 3rd (last) paragraph is basically what I was trying to say.

Because the Sox won it all in '05, no one would say right now that Kenny's job is in danger, despite what has happened since 10/26/05.

So, as you say, if the Sox had had 80 win or so seasons in '06 and '07 and lost in '05, Kenny's job would be in "serious jeopardy".

And that is essentially the point that I am making. Because the Sox won it all in '05, he is in no danger of losing his job. At least for right now.

Look, I agree with you man. I most certainly don't want to be sitting here, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now and talking about how amazing 2005 was and how we didn't get anything after that.

But what I am saying is that 2005 has bought a lot of patience not only with Sox fans, but with Sox management as well.

I don't know when the "honeymoon" will end. The way things are going right now, it certainly seems like it is over.

But you say so yourself, and maybe we disagree slightly on some of the details as far as win totals and such, but ultimately, Kenny would be on a very short leash right now if not for what occurred on 10/26/05.

I think that we can both agree that we don't want Kenny, Ozzie, JR, the rest of the management and the fans to say, "Yay! We won it all in '05, no need to try anymore!" I'm pretty sure that you and I both and every other diehard Sox fan wants them to win as much as possible.

My point was/is that 2005 changed everything. I am not happy with 2007 so far, but the fact that 2005 was less than 2 years away, makes it slightly easier to tolerate.

Again, could you imagine the mindset of Sox fans if the Sox had lost in '05 and then we had to deal with this crap in '07??:o:

It would be unbearable!!!

chisoxmike
07-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Spare us. Please.

Yes they are. I've never seen this team so disinterested in playing baseball.

chisoxmike
07-23-2007, 11:31 AM

**** that. I stopped living off that when this team **** themselves last season and failed to make the playoffs.

'05 I will always be greatful for, but it's over. This team could've had greatness. I'm not going to sit around the next 20 years and talk about the '05 Sox while they're finishing below .500 like a certain fan base of a local football team does.

We're the same sorry team we were before '05 now. Truely pathetic.

lostfan
07-23-2007, 11:39 AM
**** that. I stopped living off that when this team **** themselves last season and failed to make the playoffs.

'05 I will always be greatful for, but it's over. This team could've had greatness. I'm not going to sit around the next 20 years and talk about the '05 Sox while they're finishing below .500 like a certain fan base of a local football team does.

For as long as I've been following the team in my adult life the Sox have never been "sorry" (In '89 I was too young to care and didn't really even know the difference between the Sox and the Cubs.) That football team you're talking about, they spent the better part of a decade plus being thoroughly pathetic, but the Sox were never less than average.

chisoxmike
07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
For as long as I've been following the team in my adult life the Sox have never been "sorry" (In '89 I was too young to care and didn't really even know the difference between the Sox and the Cubs.) That football team you're talking about, they spent the better part of a decade plus being thoroughly pathetic, but the Sox were never less than average.

Every year the Sox usually field a team that has playoff hopes. Usually, they fall flat on their faces. No playoffs= failure.

Quickdraw
07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Nice effort by the White Sox in the 7th and 9th innings. I just wish Jon pitched GOOD.

HOWEVER, there is NO exuse for NOT doing anything in the 9th inning!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
This has been a big problem for the White Sox this year. NOT EVERYTHING CLICKS!!!!

NOW, LET'S GET THOSE TIGERS!!!! :D:

I know what you mean about things never quiting. The hitting, bullpin, and starting pitchers dont show up together.

kittle42
07-23-2007, 11:51 AM

A team with Podsednik and Erstad in the starting outfield and another injury risk at 3B wasn't going anywhere, either. This team was doomed from day 1. We here are just too optimistic to have seen it, as I think you could see if you went back and reviewed the crushing anyone who dared think the Sox were not as good as advertised got before or at the beginning of the season.

kittle42
07-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Post of the Year. I am so damn tired of everyone giving everyone in sight - the team, KW, Ozzie, Reinsdorf, whoever - a pass because of '05. 2005 is done. We should have been back there last year and this year is a pathetic travesty.

Fenway
07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Spare us. Please.

Yes they are. I've never seen this team so disinterested in playing baseball.

Down 8-1 they could have packed it in but fought back with a chance to go ahead. That isn't packing it in.

JB98
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Down 8-1 they could have packed it in but fought back with a chance to go ahead. That isn't packing it in.

Whether they are packing it in or not, the team sucks and they are very unpleasant to watch this summer.

kittle42
07-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Whether they are packing it in or not, the team sucks and they are very unpleasant to watch this summer.

Who cares whether the team packed it in? I packed it in. That's all I care about.

Rockin Robin
07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I was sitting next tot Pesky's pole yesterday, and had a clear as day view of Jermaine dogging it on that ground rule double. That was embarrassing.

Patrick134
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah because I said we should be a world series team with those guys. They weren't very good with Pods in the lineup and he doesn't bring anything to the table that Owens hasn't since coming back up, they were just as bad when Thome went down as they have been with him in the lineup, ditto Erstad and Crede. This team couldn't hit and the bullpen couldn't pitch, regardless of who they were running out there, for two and a half months but we will ignore that and pretend that Podsednik and Erstad would have carried the offense during April, May and June and that between Thome, Crede, Podsednik, Erstad and Ozuna we would have found two or three guys to anchor the bullpen and bridge the gap to Jenks and the Sox would be 5-10 games in front. Hey dude, there's always next year...

:smokin: You probably also believe Rowand is the missing link.

Tell yourself whatever you want to be able to rip whomever you want, but the plain fact is that the lineup Ozzie and Kenny envisioned sending out there each day , due to injuries, has been able to play 5% of the season at best.

dagotony06
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Tell yourself whatever you want to be able to rip whomever you want, but the plain fact is that the lineup Ozzie and Kenny envisioned sending out there each day , due to injuries, has been able to play 5% of the season at best.

It's KW's fault in the first place to rely on injury plagued starters in Pods adn Erstad. That was a huge mistake to rely on those guys. KW put this team together, and he is the one that should be held responsible for it. What did he really do to help this team this year. After drawing almost 3 million fans last year, what did he do to improve the team from last year. All offseason last year all we heard from him was crying about how the FA market was out of control, thats bull****. You drew almost 3 million fans, I don't want to hear about how the market is out of control. He built the bullpen on the cheap, getting a guy from the Cubs, who were terrible last year, and getting a guy from KC who were also terrible last year. he relied on two guys from two teams that sucked last year. How smart of him was that. KW did a terrible job with this team this year. Sure 2005 was great, but KW really sold this team short.

Patrick134
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
It's KW's fault in the first place to rely on injury plagued starters in Pods adn Erstad. That was a huge mistake to rely on those guys. KW put this team together, and he is the one that should be held responsible for it. What did he really do to help this team this year. After drawing almost 3 million fans last year, what did he do to improve the team from last year. All offseason last year all we heard from him was crying about how the FA market was out of control, thats bull****. You drew almost 3 million fans, I don't want to hear about how the market is out of control. He built the bullpen on the cheap, getting a guy from the Cubs, who were terrible last year, and getting a guy from KC who were also terrible last year. he relied on two guys from two teams that sucked last year. How smart of him was that. KW did a terrible job with this team this year. Sure 2005 was great, but KW really sold this team short.

You don't build middle relief on big money deals. Name some relievers who were available last FA season.