PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Why bother? 7/21 postgame thread

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 05:25 PM
We suck.

hose
07-21-2007, 05:29 PM
It's almost comical.

The Sox should have Shriner clown cars to drive the relievers to the mound....set the mood.

MCHSoxFan
07-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I know we are going to LOSE, but it is the top of the 8th. Why the PGT so early? Wanted to get it over with and save time? Well, I agree.

LITTLE NELL
07-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Dye and Uribe, they dont have a clue. They have to go, but who would want them. I swear I can run faster than Dye and Im 61.

MCHSoxFan
07-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Dye and Uribe, they dont have a clue. They have to go, but who would want them. I swear I can run faster than Dye and Im 61.

I know for real!!! I was standing in my living room and imitating Dye running. God, I have Asthma and I run faster!!! WITHOUT MY MEDICINE!!!! :angry:

kittle42
07-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I really wish Dye and Contreras would play well enough to actually have trade value. Someone will still take Dye, but probably not for much in return.

WS in 05
07-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey at least we got to see what barry bonds did!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

JB98
07-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I really wish Dye and Contreras would play well enough to actually have trade value. Someone will still take Dye, but probably not for much in return.

There's really no point in trading Dye at this point. We're not going to get any value in return. Let him play out the season, lose him in free agency, take the draft pick. That's more valuable than a B-level prospect.

I'd give Contreras away just to get some salary relief. That's a non-issue with JD since his contract is up anyway.

UserNameBlank
07-21-2007, 05:45 PM
I think quite a few teams would want Dye since he's been hitting after the AS break, but it probably doesn't make sense to move him now. Unless some team wants to offer a top prospect who is in Double A or higher, we'd be better off offering him arbitration and taking the two draft picks. Hopefully if Dye does stay through the rest of the year the Sox don't ***** out like they did with Riske last year and decline arbitration. The Sox need those picks.

On Uribe, yeah he plays excellent defense when he wants to, but I can't stand him anymore. We need someone who can play D and at least handle the bat somewhat. I don't care about the loss of Juan's power anymore, we jsut need someone to put down a bunt, hit the ball to the right side or hit a sac fly, just someone who can make contact when we need it. We can deal with poor offense from a SS but we can't have anyone in our lineup, regardless of position, giving AB's away like promo CD's from some ****ty garage band.

Even if KW doesn't make any big moves before the deadline I at least want them to dump Erstad and Pods. I can see holding Uribe through the year since we don't have a SS prospect ready and Cintron can't do anything right, but having Pods and Erstad on the team sends the message "we don't know what we're doing and we don't care about our future." Also, depending on how Toby is doing, he should be put on the 60-day DL so he can get his surgery already. There's no reason for him to be here right now, just call up Gustavo or Wiki and get the operation over with.

MCHSoxFan
07-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey at least we got to see what barry bonds did!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Even if you were NOT joking, he just SUCKED today!!! I wish they split the games up on the screen. I know the game today just SUCKED (Hey, I really did not even pay attention!), but still. They should not do that. Plus, how many times will it be on that CRAPPY TV channel ESP? ESP WHAT? ESPD? Oh, ESPN? :D: I just HATED :angry::angry::angry: the broadcasters today. Yes, I know who they are. Go Red Sox!! They are so good.EVERYTHING the WHITE Sox do is sooo bad. Wait... did the Sox win the World Seires? Only the Red according to them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between the game, how they handle Bonds, and the FOX announcers this is how I feel: :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I know we are going to LOSE, but it is the top of the 8th. Why the PGT so early? Wanted to get it over with and save time? Well, I agree.

Wow, someone likes to be the one to start the postgame threads...:D:

MarySwiss
07-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Even if you were NOT joking, he just SUCKED today!!! I wish they split the games up on the screen. I know the game today just SUCKED (Hey, I really did not even pay attention!), but still. They should not do that. Plus, how many times will it be on that CRAPPY TV channel ESP? ESP WHAT? ESPD? Oh, ESPN? :D: I just HATED :angry::angry::angry: the broadcasters today. Yes, I know who they are. Go Red Sox!! They are so good.EVERYTHING the WHITE Sox do is sooo bad. Wait... did the Sox win the World Seires? Only the Red according to them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between the game, how they handle Bonds, and the FOX announcers this is how I feel: :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Wow! I feel your pain, but please come back in off the ledge, pal!

ESPN will always suck. As for Fox, I spit upon them. Ptooey, ptoooey, ptoooey.

Feel better? If not, just take a deep breath, turn off the lights, light some candles, burn some relaxing incense (that'd be sandlewood, not patchouli, which smells like ****), then pop in your WS 2005 DVD or your Sox Pride DVD, or your tape of the victory parade.
And remember, your team won the World Series in dominating fashion. :cool:

Chicken Dinner
07-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Every pitcher today was a rookie! Nice job Kenny! And *** is DEEEEEwon doing on this club. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

MCHSoxFan
07-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Wow! I feel your pain, but please come back in off the ledge, pal!

ESPN will always suck. As for Fox, I spit upon them. Ptooey, ptoooey, ptoooey.

Feel better? If not, just take a deep breath, turn off the lights, light some candles, burn some relaxing incense (that'd be sandlewood, not patchouli, which smells like ****), then pop in your WS 2005 DVD or your Sox Pride DVD, or your tape of the victory parade.
And remember, your team won the World Series in dominating fashion. :cool:

Thanks. I think I will. Well, just watch the movies. I will do this so I can see how KW can fix this team. Thanks again!

MarySwiss
07-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Every pitcher today was a rookie! Nice job Kenny! And *** is DEEEEEwon doing on this club. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Gotta admit, I've been wondering the same thing.

BTW, don't know exactly where you are in the Valley, but did you hear that McDuffy's is opening another location in Chandler? Pretty soon, I think.

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:07 PM
:hawk
"I tell ya D.J., we're going to have a long August and September."

Brian26
07-21-2007, 06:07 PM
I think quite a few teams would want Dye since he's been hitting after the AS break, but it probably doesn't make sense to move him now. Unless some team wants to offer a top prospect who is in Double A or higher, we'd be better off offering him arbitration and taking the two draft picks. Hopefully if Dye does stay through the rest of the year the Sox don't ***** out like they did with Riske last year and decline arbitration. The Sox need those picks.

What are the risks with the Sox offering Dye arbitration, though? They've shyed away in the past from offering arbitration (Carl Everett and Robbie Alomar after the '03 season come to mind). If the Sox offered him arbitration and Dye possibly accepted, would Dye garner $7 or $8 million? Would Dye get much more than that on the open market after the kind of season he is having?

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Did we win?

Brian26
07-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Did we win?

No, but there's a great argument going on about who gets the honor of starting the post-game thread.

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 06:19 PM
No, but there's a great argument going on about who gets the honor of starting the post-game thread.

Sweet. This could make my Saturday night!

JorgeFabregas
07-21-2007, 06:21 PM
There's really no point in trading Dye at this point. We're not going to get any value in return. Let him play out the season, lose him in free agency, take the draft pick. That's more valuable than a B-level prospect.

I'd give Contreras away just to get some salary relief. That's a non-issue with JD since his contract is up anyway.
Anyone know much about how the Elias rankings work? Is there any way that Dye will play himself out of a "Type A" rating? I assume his monster year last year will keep him in that category, but I don't know.

JB98
07-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Sweet. This could make my Saturday night!

You really are bored. Even more bored than I am. Well, maybe if you drink enough, you'll start to believe the Sox won today. :gulp:

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 06:23 PM
You really are bored. Even more bored than I am. Well, maybe if you drink enough, you'll start to believe the Sox won today. :gulp:

I already believe they won. And I am only 3/4 of a beer in. In my mind, it was a glorious 5-4 victory. I will take the memories of today with me and hold them near to my heart.

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I already believe they won. And I am only 3/4 of a beer in. In my mind, it was a glorious 5-4 victory. I will take the memories of today with me and hold them near to my heart.

:gulp:

Do you feel that this team is about to go on a run any day now?

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 06:25 PM

Do you feel that this team is about to go on a run any day now?

Go on a run? Haven't you seen the incredible run they are already on? Cherish these days!

ShoelessJoeS
07-21-2007, 06:26 PM
*slurring*

So wait, they really didn't win?!?

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Go on a run? Haven't you seen the incredible run they are already on? Cherish these days!

:bandance:

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 06:27 PM
*slurring*

So wait, they really didn't win?!?

Don't listen to these rumors of a Sox loss today. It's rubbish!

MarySwiss
07-21-2007, 06:28 PM

Tried it. Doesn't work.:(:

JB98
07-21-2007, 06:29 PM

A glorious 5-4 victory over the Red Sox? Just like Game 2 of the 2005 ALDS! Woo hoo! :supernana:

chisoxmike
:sahaf
"Lies! All lies! The Chicago White Sox are making the 2007 postseason. With today's win and yesterday's win, they will storm back in the AL Central!"

Brian26
Brenneman mentioned that the Sox have used 12 relievers out of the bullpen this year. I was trying to think of them by memory without looking it up...
1. Jenks
2. MacDougal
3. Masset
4. Thornton
5. Aardsma
6. Sisco
7. Logan
8. Day
9. Ehran W.
10. Haeger
11. Bukvich
12. ?

itsnotrequired

They actually won 6-4.

ilsox7
:sahaf
"Lies! All lies! The Chicago White Sox are making the 2007 postseason. With today's win and yesterday's win, they will storm back in the AL Central!"

That guy was awesome.

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Brenneman mentioned that the Sox have used 12 relievers out of the bullpen this year. I was trying to think of them by memory without looking it up...
1. Jenks
2. MacDougal
3. Masset
4. Thornton
5. Aardsma
6. Sisco
7. Logan
8. Day
9. Ehran W.
10. Haeger
11. Bukvich
12. ?

Prinz.

itsnotrequired
07-21-2007, 06:30 PM
1. Jenks
2. MacDougal
3. Masset
4. Thornton
5. Aardsma
6. Sisco
7. Logan
8. Day
9. Ehran W.
10. Haeger
11. Bukvich
12. ?

Prinz

itsnotrequired
07-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Prinz.

Classic edit job.

:redneck

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Classic edit job.

:redneck

I had the right idea. :cool: It was the same bum.

ShoelessJoeS
07-21-2007, 06:32 PM
1. Jenks
2. MacDougal
3. Masset
4. Thornton
5. Aardsma
6. Sisco
7. Logan
8. Day
9. Ehran W.
10. Haeger
11. Bukvich
12. PrinzWhat an awful, awful 'pen.

UserNameBlank
07-21-2007, 06:33 PM
What are the risks with the Sox offering Dye arbitration, though? They've shyed away in the past from offering arbitration (Carl Everett and Robbie Alomar after the '03 season come to mind). If the Sox offered him arbitration and Dye possibly accepted, would Dye garner $7 or $8 million? Would Dye get much more than that on the open market after the kind of season he is having?
Jose Guillen should get around 11-12mil plus, and he was broken I think almost all of '06. Dye has been hitting since the AS break so at the end of the year he should have somewhat decent numbers. I think if you add the numbers he put up in '05 and '06 to a strong second half of '07, you'll see JD get no less than $11mil per season. I don't know how much salary can increase through arbitration, but if the Sox wuss out over it again it will be another kick in the balls to the farm system. I'd imagine Dye will take no less than a three year deal anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

JB98
07-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Prinz

Would anyone care to share their favorite memory of the Bret Prinz era?

MarySwiss
07-21-2007, 06:35 PM
On a brighter note, the D'Backs beat the Lovable Losers (tm) today, thanks to a homer off good ol' Gas Can Howry!

ShoelessJoeS
Would anyone care to share their favorite memory of the Bret Prinz era?Well I'm sure he struck somebody out
:dunno:

ilsox7

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:36 PM

On 6/9/07 vs. Astros.

Epic.

Bret Prinz 0.0 1 1 1 2 0 0 20.25

JB98
07-21-2007, 06:38 PM
On 6/9/07 vs. Astros.

Epic.
IP H R ER W SO HR ERA
Prinz (http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_stats_player.jsp?c_id=mlb&playerID=400092) 0.0 1 1 1 2 0 0 20.25

LOL. I was at that game. I would say booing Prinz off the mound on that beautiful Saturday afternoon was my favorite memory of the Bret Prinz era. :)

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:39 PM
LOL. I was at that game. I would say booing Prinz off the mound on that beautiful Saturday afternoon was my favorite memory of the Bret Prinz era. :)

I was there too, people around me started saying, "Bring in Buckvich, see what he can do." :o::o::o:

JB98
07-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I was there too, people around me started saying, "Bring in Buckvich, see what he can do." :o::o::o:

IIRC, Bukvich actually struck out Eric Munson or some other crappy Astro with the bases loaded to get out of that inning. :o:

JorgeFabregas
07-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Well I'm sure he struck somebody out
:dunno:
You're sure? Actually, you're right. He had one strikeout. One. It was Derek Jeter. Bobby Abreu homered immediately aftewards.

Fenway
07-21-2007, 06:53 PM
WEEI postgame just said the Red Sox are looking to see when the last time they received 5 walks in a row with 2 outs and they have gone back to 1969 and haven't found another time. The host said no White Sox fan could have watched the entire inning.

chisoxmike
07-21-2007, 06:55 PM
The host said no White Sox fan could have watched the entire inning.

He's right. I turned it off when Day came in.

GlassSox
07-21-2007, 06:59 PM
It's almost comical.

The Sox should have Shriner clown cars to drive the relievers to the mound....set the mood.

:rolling:

TomParrish79
07-21-2007, 07:24 PM
ehhh it could be worse

Dan Mega
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
WEEI postgame just said the Red Sox are looking to see when the last time they received 5 walks in a row with 2 outs and they have gone back to 1969 and haven't found another time. The host said no White Sox fan could have watched the entire inning.

I watched. I will probably be scarred for the rest of my life.

munchman33
07-21-2007, 07:48 PM

I'm getting real tired of this argument. What draft pick? You have to offer arbitration to get that draft pick. Which means Dye has a chance to sign with us for next year at a guaranteed high salary. There's no way we offer arbitration. Dye would jump at it. He isn't getting more in the free agent market than he would through arbitration.

If we don't trade Dye, we get nothing for him.

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm getting real tired of this argument. What draft pick? You have to offer arbitration to get that draft pick. Which means Dye has a chance to sign with us for next year at a guaranteed high salary. There's no way we offer arbitration. Dye would jump at it. He isn't getting more in the free agent market than he would through arbitration.

You don't know that. Arbitration is a very tricky process and there is still a good chance some team will give JD a 2 or 3 year deal. I highly doubt he would accept arbitration.

CLR01
07-21-2007, 08:06 PM

6/15/07 Recalled RHP Mike MacDougal from Triple-A Charlotte and designated RHP Bret Prinz for assignment.

The Dude
07-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Prinz

Too slow Messiah!

The Dude
07-21-2007, 08:14 PM

That host was correct! After casually yapping on the phone about how much we suck, I eventually shut off the TV when Crisp unloaded the bases with a hit.

munchman33
07-21-2007, 08:15 PM
You don't know that. Arbitration is a very tricky process and there is still a good chance some team will give JD a 2 or 3 year deal. I highly doubt he would accept arbitration.

The sox offer would be a minimum of 80% JD's current salary, as a rule. That means the Sox would be offering Dye, at a minimum, a one year deal worth $5.6 million. Given past production, the fact that he was undervalued for the bulk of his previous contract, and the way veteran arbitration hearings have gone recently, it's pretty likely Jermaine would not only make more than that, but also get small raise over his current salary.

That any team would offer Jermaine that much in a one year deal, given his health, lack of production, and loss of the ability to move, is highly doubtful. That someone would give him a multi-year deal worth more than that is simply not plausible.

Now, throw into the mix that any team doing either of those things has to give up a draft pick to boot...well, your contention becomes just plain laughable.

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 08:19 PM
The sox offer would be a minimum of 80% JD's current salary, as a rule. That means the Sox would be offering Dye, at a minimum, a one year deal worth $5.6 million. Given past production, the fact that he was undervalued for the bulk of his previous contract, and the way veteran arbitration hearings have gone recently, it's pretty likely Jermaine would not only make more than that, but also get small raise over his current salary.

That any team would offer Jermaine that much in a one year deal, given his health, lack of production, and loss of the ability to move, is highly doubtful. That someone would give him a multi-year deal worth more than that is simply not plausible.

Now, throw into the mix that any team doing either of those things has to give up a draft pick to boot...well, your contention becomes just plain laughable.

I think someone will offer JD a 2 year deal. He is one year removed from an MVP type year and has shown some signs of being able to hit the baseball this month. Neither my position nor yours is laughable. What is laughable is that you claim to know that no MLB team will offer JD a contract for 2-3 years.

JD has had one bad half the last 3 years. As much as he has pissed me off this year for not being mentally in the game, he will attract interest this winter. Hell, if the Sox could sign him for $5.6MM next year, I'd venture to guess they'd jump at the chance.

chisox77
07-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Please feel free to add any of the current relievers listed in this thread to the one I started last week, "Worst White Sox Relievers of All Time." It could be excellent therapy.

:D:

The Dude
07-21-2007, 08:28 PM
The good news is if KC pulls off a comeback victory tonight against the Tigers ( they are down by 3 in the 8th) we are officially in last place.:whiner:

CLR01
07-21-2007, 09:11 PM
The good news is if KC pulls off a comeback victory tonight against the Tigers ( they are down by 3 in the 8th) we are officially in last place.:whiner:

8-8 in the bottom of the 9th. Come on KC, you can do this.

:(:

CLR01
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
8-8 in the bottom of the 9th. Come on KC, you can do this.

:(:

Kittens win 10-8 on an Inge 2-run HR in the bottom of the 10th. Fourth place for another day. :supernana:

:puking:

santo=dorf
07-21-2007, 09:35 PM

Jermaine Dead's salary will be at least 80% of his $7 million. There's no way the Sox would sign him for more than $9.5 million

Then against the Sox didn't want to bother with the arbitration process with Riske, and he was only making $1.8 million at the time. :anon:

SoxSpeed22
07-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Kittens win 10-8 on an Inge 2-run HR in the bottom of the 10th. Fourth place for another day. :supernana:

:puking:wOOt.
Half-teal because I am pleased because the Sox are not in last and embarrassed at the threat of being a last-place team.

CLR01
07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
wOOt.
Half-teal because I am pleased because the Sox are not in last and embarrassed at the threat of being a last-place team.

Yep, that's why I put in the puking guy. I am happy they are not in last but it makes me sick that I am happy about being in 4th.

ilsox7
07-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Yep, that's why I put in the puking guy. I am happy they are not in last but it makes me sick that I am happy about being in 4th.

I am happy we won't be relegated to AAA.

Fenway
07-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Listening to sportsblab tonight the Boston media is just stunned by the way Ozzie managed the last 2 games and having no setup people in the pen. You don't see 7 runs on 3 hits often.

CLR01
07-21-2007, 09:44 PM
I am happy we won't be relegated to AAA.

I hear that, third place in AAA would be really embarrassing.

Listening to sportsblab tonight the Boston media is just stunned by the way Ozzie managed the last 2 games and having no setup people in the pen. You don't see 7 runs on 3 hits often.

We do. :(:

RowanDye
07-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Who should he have put in to "set-up"? Haeger with the bases loaded? Jenks in the 7th?

You can second guess some of Ozzie's moves, but he's not responsible for the embarrassing performance of Contreras, Logan, and Dewon Day.

You can rearrange it all you want, but it's hard to make **** smell good.

ChiSoxGirl
07-21-2007, 10:28 PM
TBGR: Bullpen-Induced Boston Massacre (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3442) :whiner: :angry:

itsnotrequired
07-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Too slow Messiah!

Incorrect. Mike got the name wrong. Stick to the bowling alley, dude.

:D:

Brian26
07-21-2007, 11:03 PM

I think most White Sox fans are still in shock about the defensive positioning last night for Hinske's at-bat, even AFTER he showed bunt the first time. Ozzie has to show the fans more respect. He might think the season is over, but don't disrespect the fans.

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2007, 12:37 AM
We suck.

That host was correct! After casually yapping on the phone about how much we suck, I eventually shut off the TV when Crisp unloaded the bases with a hit.Who's we?

Listening to sportsblab tonight the Boston media is just stunned by the way Ozzie managed the last 2 games and having no setup people in the pen. You don't see 7 runs on 3 hits often.**** the Boston media.