PDA

View Full Version : We could be 3-0

beausox
04-04-2002, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to remind everyoen that we could've swept the Mariners if our bullpen and Mike Porzio (I don't consider him part of the pen because A.)he's not a pitcher but is instead more of a base on balls artist and B.)He's just keeping the butter knife warm for the return of Parque) could hold a lead. We really need to come back know and win some games. We cannot afford to start off slow. We need to win or split series against the good teams and win or sweep series against the bad teams.

doublem23
04-04-2002, 10:51 AM
Like Kilroy said, how many games did you expect the Sox to take from Seattle this series? I guessed 1.

We COULD be 3-0, but we also COULD have won a World Series in 2000... No use crying over spilled milk, dammit. On to Kansas City!

moochpuppy
04-04-2002, 10:55 AM
By almost blowing that 6-1 lead on Monday we could easily be 0-3 so it could be worse.

FarmerAndy
04-04-2002, 10:59 AM
Sure. Woulda, coulda, blah blah blah.

I don't like to cry over spilt milk either, but they are going to spill alot more milk if they don't do something about this bullpen. This is a serious problem.

.........Yankees, A's, Cleveland..........on second thought, you can go ahead and bring your B or C game.

rmusacch
04-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Like Kilroy said, how many games did you expect the Sox to take from Seattle this series? I guessed 1.

We COULD be 3-0, but we also COULD have won a World Series in 2000... No use crying over spilled milk, dammit. On to Kansas City!

Yes, but it is the way we lost those games. We gave up late inning leads and that does not bode well for the future.

mrwag
04-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Guys, if we play .500 in April I'll be happy. We know our pitching will take time, so long as we keep playing hard the arms will come around. I'm very please with the defense and the starting pitching. We need to stay close in April, then let the pieces come together in May and get some momentum for the 2nd half. In 2001 we played our butts off in the first half and got wore out when it really mattered.