PDA

View Full Version : Jose Valentin

getonbckthr
07-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Broke his leg and now the Mets need a 2B. We have one you can have.

letsgosox1592
07-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Broke his leg and now the Mets need a 2B. We have one you can have.

Lets overvalue Iguchi and for the Mets to get him the Sox should get either Lastings Milledge or Phillip Humber in return.

getonbckthr
07-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Lets overvalue Iguchi and for the Mets to get him the Sox should get either Lastings Milledge or Phillip Humber in return.
Iguchi and Contreras for Milledge and a prospect pitcher

letsgosox1592
07-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Iguchi and Contreras for Milledge and a prospect pitcher

how bout Iguchi, Contreras, and Brian Anderson for Milledge and Humber....highly doubt they would do that though. be nice if they did

Nellie_Fox
07-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Why do so many people want Milledge and his apparent attitude problem? Somebody else for Ozzie to go to war with?

DSpivack
07-21-2007, 01:03 AM
What happened to Valenstache? He looks clean shaven!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=2790

And he broke his right tibia in the fourth inning tonight, fouling a ball off his leg. Any WSI medical experts can give a guess as to how long he'll be out?

letsgosox1592
07-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Why do so many people want Milledge and his apparent attitude problem? Somebody else for Ozzie to go to war with?

Thats a good idea. The Sox could see that Ozzie is having trouble with his players and fire him and then sign Joe Girradi. Not saying I dont like Ozzie, but I second guess some of his moves.

ChiSoxGirl
07-21-2007, 01:05 AM
And he broke his right tibia in the fourth inning tonight, fouling a ball off his leg. Any WSI medical experts can give a guess as to how long he'll be out?

Didn't Ozuna break his tibia & fibia back in late May? As far as I know, Ozuna's out for the season, so I can only assume Valentin is, too. :dunno:

Sockinchisox
07-21-2007, 01:21 AM

There's no way they'd be desperate for Iguchi with Gotay hitting over .340.

An Iguchi + Dye combo might get us something though.

Nellie_Fox
07-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Thats a good idea. The Sox could see that Ozzie is having trouble with his players and fire him...Seriously? A manager objects to rookies having bad attitudes and it's him who should be fired? And we wonder why rookies think it's OK to have bad attitudes.

SBSoxFan
07-21-2007, 07:35 AM
What happened to Valenstache? He looks clean shaven!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=2790

That link said he had a partially torn ACL too.

Valentin was in a 4-for-42 slump going into Tuesday night's game, but insisted his partially torn ACL isn't bothering him at the plate ...

Jose is 37 years old with a torn ACL and a broken leg. Could this be the end for him?

FarWestChicago
07-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Seriously? A manager objects to rookies having bad attitudes and it's him who should be fired? And we wonder why rookies think it's OK to have bad attitudes.Hey, not playing well, having a horrible attitude and being completely lazy is a sure way to create a group of fans on this site. I think there are several losers here who live vicariously through other, more public, losers. :smile:

Flight #24
07-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey, not playing well, having a horrible attitude and being completely lazy is a sure way to create a group of fans on this site. I think there are several losers here who live vicariously through other, more public, losers. :smile:

Or pure desperation. IMO acquiring Milledge is better than acquiring no one and facing the prospect of 3 of Owens, Anderson, Sweeney, Pods, Erstad in the OF next year. The kid's got talent and the Sox appear to be short of it in that area.

And I'll take a talented guy with attitude questions and hope he can come around over a less talented and/or injury prone guy with a good attitude. Ideally you'd have talent and attitude, but the Sox don't seem likely to be in position to be choosy about that.

Malgar 12
07-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Didn't Ozuna break his tibia & fibia back in late May? As far as I know, Ozuna's out for the season, so I can only assume Valentin is, too. :dunno:

It is fibula. Sorry about the correction, it is a common mistake but my dad is an anatomy professor, so...

FarWestChicago
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
And I'll take a talented guy with attitude questions and hope he can come around over a less talented and/or injury prone guy with a good attitude. Ideally you'd have talent and attitude, but the Sox don't seem likely to be in position to be choosy about that.I take it you've never been in a management position in the real world? Poorly performing, lazy people rarely turn in to much. You would know that if you had to bet your paycheck on them. :smile:

santo=dorf
07-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm sure their bench coach will recommend making a trade with the Blue Jays.

:jerry
"Let's move Reyes back to second and put Clayton at short."

SoxandtheCityTee
07-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Poor Manos. Seems no misfortune can befall anyone anywhere that we can't turn into a personal pissing match here. If his career is over I wish him a recovery that will allow him to walk around comfortably in his old age.