PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm hearing that this guy is available. What is the current asking price for him? Contract wise I can't imagine him getting more than say 10-11 because of his current poor career average.

BiggestFan14
07-20-2007, 07:45 PM
His .250 average may be bad, but he has a good OBP and hits a ton of homeruns. Rumors going around that he could be a Brewer, but I really don't see the Reds trading within the division.

But with that said, the Sox have enough strikeouts as it is...

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 07:47 PM
His .250 average may be bad, but he has a good OBP and hits a ton of homeruns. Rumors going around that he could be a Brewer, but I really don't see the Reds trading within the division.

But with that said, the Sox have enough strikeouts as it is...
Ya I was looking at him to replace Thome when I noticed how bad his average really is. Still something to consider.

santo=dorf
07-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Ya I was looking at him to replace Thome when I noticed how bad his average really is. Still something to consider.
Why? Thome is a lot better and cheaper

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Why? Thome is a lot better and cheaper
Ya Thome is better right now but I'm kind of looking somewhat long term. Cheaper? How much will get contract wise?

Sox It To Em
07-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Dunn is the perfect example as to why batting average can be an incredibly misleading measure of a hitter's offensive contribution. Dunn hits .250 but walks 110 times a year and hits 40 homers. I may be crucified for this, but in my view he's a better overall hitter than Ichiro who hits .325 a year but doesn't walk nor hit many XBH, and Ichiro is someone people would kill for. That being said that the Sox shouldn't go after Dunn because the Reds are reportedly asking for an arm and a leg and we already have a DH.

santo=dorf
07-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Ya Thome is better right now but I'm kind of looking somewhat long term. Cheaper? How much will get contract wise?
More than $8.5 million for each of the next two years. Don't you think there will be better options than Dunn for DH in a couple of years?

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 08:55 PM
More than $8.5 million for each of the next two years. Don't you think there will be better options than Dunn for DH in a couple of years?
Good question. I'll go see what MLB$U.com has for free agents after 09. While I do that though do you think Thome will be worth it in 08 (I do) or 09 (i'm not sure)?

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 08:58 PM
There are some options but I wonder what the market would be like come then compared to what it would be for Dunn now.

Grzegorz
07-20-2007, 09:46 PM
I've heard that Tony Gwynn Jr. is to be part of the Dunn deal with the Reds.

I hope the Brewers say no to this one...

y2j2785
07-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Dunn is just a rental player anyways...If he gets traded this year his option for next year is gone and he becomes a free agent after this season.

DSpivack
07-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I've heard that Tony Gwynn Jr. is to be part of the Dunn deal with the Reds.

I hope the Brewers say no to this one...

Why? What else is the deal?

Lukin13
07-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Dunn is one of the top 10 power hitters in the mlb. He is relatively young and could really put up some numbers during the summer on the southside.

His defense is my big question... I have read some reports that say he isn't as bad as people claim but whenever I see him he appears slow and ackward out there.

I love him as long as our other two OFs are way above average defensively.

PKalltheway
07-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Dunn is one of the top 10 power hitters in the mlb. He is relatively young and could really put up some numbers during the summer on the southside.

His defense is my big question... I have read some reports that say he isn't as bad as people claim but whenever I see him he appears slow and ackward out there.

I love him as long as our other two OFs are way above average defensively.
He would be a lot better off being a DH. The White Sox wouldn't be a good fit for him since they already have a DH. Plus Dunn is a defensive liability out in the field, trust me. I can picture this board absolutely ripping Dunn for his bad defense.