07-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Anyone find it ironic he can tie and break the record:
A) where Hank Aaron hit his 1st and last homers
B) Bud Selig used to own a team?

Nellie_Fox
07-20-2007, 04:39 PM
B) Bud Selig used to own a team?He won't. They won't let him. Maybe the tie, but certainly not the record-breaker. They'll sit him down until he gets back to San Fran where, if I'm not mistaken, they'll be facing...the Braves.:o:

letsgosox1592
07-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I hope that every single time Barry gets up they walk him so he can never break the record. I cant stand the guy and I dont want a cheater to break the record. Now say this is A-Rod in about 5-10 years I would be happy and be watching every pitch of him. I just dont want someone who had to cheat break one of the greatest records of all time.

voodoochile
07-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I hope that every single time Barry gets up they walk him so he can never break the record. I cant stand the guy and I dont want a cheater to break the record. Now say this is A-Rod in about 5-10 years I would be happy and be watching every pitch of him. I just dont want someone who had to cheat break one of the greatest records of all time.

Well, look at the bright side, Bonds isn't going to take it up to an unreachable number. If Rodriguez would catch Aaron, then he'll probably catch Bonds.

WSox597
07-21-2007, 04:41 PM
To add to the other posts, his being a cheater does suck and I hope he's hit his last homer for his career.

I am also sick to death of being shown his every at-bat during a White Sox game. Enough already, nobody cares about this mutt outside SF.

He walked a little while ago, and I swear Fox followed him all the way to first base, and then broke for a commercial before going back to the Sox game. What, did they think he was going to turn back to home plate and hit a home run before getting to first?

Railsplitter
07-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, Aaron played most of his carrer with the Babe's last team, Ruth's birthday and Aaron's are a day apart, and both finished in the same city, but in the other league from which they started.
Coincidences abound.

MarySwiss
07-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Ironic, yes.
Do I care? no.

IMO, he is now, always has been, and always will be a loser. Nothing can change that. He could hit 500 MORE home runs, and he will still be a loser.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-22-2007, 12:47 PM
I find it ironic how when Aaron broke the record, he received criticism just because people were *******s, and now when Bonds breaks the record, he receives criticism because he is the *******.