PDA

View Full Version : Cubs use Sox lead

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I honestly, besides the radio, don't remember "Go Cubs Go" being played after a win at Wrigley. Are they pulling a Soxesque move like when we busted out Go GO White Sox in 05? I like it personally. We got Bear Down, Go Go White Sox and now Go Cubs Go. If we can only get the "MIghty BlackHawks" going we could have a really bad yet great musical sports town again.

thomas35forever
07-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Cubs fans busted this song out when they clinched the division in '03. It's not like it hasn't been done before.

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Cubs fans busted this song out when they clinched the division in '03. It's not like it hasn't been done before.
Ya but I don't remember Wrigley playing it.

Juice16
07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Last year, after a win ended a long losing streak for the Cubs, they played the song and the entire crowd sang along. Watching how the crowd reacted to this win, considering the season at hand, and singing along might have been the single most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

PatK
07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
I remember hearing that in 1984.

Hitmen77
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM
:whocares

That song has been around at least since 1984. I guess it's either sing that song or throw garbage on the field for those great Cubs fans.

kittle42
07-20-2007, 05:29 PM
It has been around a while. And it has been around a ton lately! It's good for the city! :(:

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Everyone should get used to it cause this team is looking good and in my opinion will win the National League. They are possibly 1 move away from winning the whole thing.

Nellie_Fox
07-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Everyone should get used to it cause this team is looking good and in my opinion will win the National League. They are possibly 1 move away from winning the whole thing.:puking:

santo=dorf
07-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Everyone should get used to it cause this team is looking good and in my opinion will win the National League. They are possibly 1 move away from winning the whole thing.
This is coming from a guy whose signature is View the Cubs like the Cardinals, Giants, Braves etc etc etc. In all honesty I only care for them to lose 6 times a year.

Oh irony.

Foulke You
07-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I'll remember this quote when the Brewers are popping champagne and Cubs fans and the media are dissecting "what went wrong?" for the umpteenth time.

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 07:17 PM
This is coming from a guy whose signature is View the Cubs like the Cardinals, Giants, Braves etc etc etc. In all honesty I only care for them to lose 6 times a year.

Oh irony.
What is ironic about it. I stated my unbiased opinion about the Cubs and their chances to win the NL and possibly the world series. So because it isn't, "oh they will fall apart as usual" or "Cubs Suck" my opinion is wrong or not welcomed?

It's Time
07-20-2007, 07:36 PM
What is unreal is that this was the same Cubs team that was 32-39 before opening a 3 game series at the Cell. The Song, the Cubs run since then and the media frenzy with that team, can all be attributed to the Sox sending the Cubs on what is actually a pretty amazing tear.

19 out of 24 in Baseball is not easy to do. ****!!!:mad:

MarySwiss
07-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Well, here's where I prove my Soxsession.

Because I love my husband (despite the Cubs and Led Zeppelin obsessions), I bet them to win the NL and the WS when I was in Laughlin.

Because I'm not insane, I didn't drop any significant bucks on them. $10 each way.

However, I would really rather not collect. Okay, the NL money, fine. But the WS money? :puking:

DaveIsHere
07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Personally I do not care about anyone but the Sox. And Yes, sadly I still think we have a chance.

I was curious to see the Cubobsessed in this thread and how people pick out minute details to try and derail them. Hell, give them credit they are playing great ball and beating the teams the should.

If they win it all, good for them; I am only concerned about getting back to the big game with my Sox.

cws05champ
07-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I want the Sox to win every year and I want the Cubs to lose...plain and simple!

Nellie_Fox
07-21-2007, 01:11 AM
If they win it all, good for them; I am only concerned about getting back to the big game with my Sox.If they win it all, look for the Sox to disappear from Chicago radar.

getonbckthr
07-21-2007, 01:12 AM
If they win it all, look for the Sox to disappear from Chicago radar.
Thats when Kenny is at his finest.

Nellie_Fox
07-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Thats when Kenny is at his finest.What, when they're drawing 10-15K per game?

harwar
07-21-2007, 09:03 AM
If they win it all, look for the Sox to disappear from Chicago radar.

Yes,and cubs fans will come out of everywhere like frogs in the African mud,but unlike said frogs,who go back under the earth when the rains go away,cub fans will be a rabid and ever-present vexation for some time to come.

Juice16
07-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes,and cubs fans will come out of everywhere like frogs in the African mud,but unlike said frogs,who go back under the earth when the rains go away,cub fans will be a rabid and ever-present vexation for some time to come.

Agreed. Do people remember 2004? A memory refresher to those who don't, Cubs fans were piiling in at the Cell, Cubs jerseys were in full blast. After games, pro Cubs chants could be heard from the ramps. I remember walking the 3rd base side concourse and a guy with his Wood jersey was walking the opposite way. He had a half smirk just begging me to say something. Anyway, if the Cubs do win the NL, congrats to the team, misery for Sox fans next year.

getonbckthr
07-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Agreed. Do people remember 2004? A memory refresher to those who don't, Cubs fans were piiling in at the Cell, Cubs jerseys were in full blast. After games, pro Cubs chants could be heard from the ramps. I remember walking the 3rd base side concourse and a guy with his Wood jersey was walking the opposite way. He had a half smirk just begging me to say something. Anyway, if the Cubs do win the NL, congrats to the team, misery for Sox fans next year.
So they would be paying our salary and our potential salary for 09? Thats fine with me.

oeo
07-21-2007, 01:24 PM

Every team looks good when they're hot. That's all they are...hot. They can do no wrong right now. Have you watched the highlights of Cubs games lately? It's bad play after bad play by the opposition. The Giants were terrible in that series, with throwing errors and bad baserunning.

I can't wait to see the looks on these fans' faces when they fall back to Earth.

Hitmen77
07-21-2007, 01:46 PM
on the bright side, the 2005 Sox set the bar pretty high for the Cubs. I think the Cub fans and the Cub-loving media in this town will still be unbearable if they make it to the playoffs, but fortunately, unless they win the whole enchilada - they still won't have topped us and they'll still have to face 2008 as marking a century without a World Series win.

I'm not denying they have a chance to go all the way, it just that - for now - there's a long way to go and several teams to overcome (just as there is with anyone else) before that happens. We just don't know at this point who will be hot going into the playoffs. Just ask the '06 Cardinals and the '05 Sox.

Palehose Pete
07-21-2007, 02:07 PM
The Cubs almost went to the WS in '03, and in '04 Cubs fans acted like they'd won it all in '03. I can't imagine how obnoxious and unbearable they're going to be if they actually go the WS this year, let alone win it.

Hopefully, I'll never have to...

I've said if before and I'll say it again: So many Cubs fans I knew openly rooted against the Sox in the WS that I will now openly root for any team playing the Cubs if there is October baseball on the North Side. Yes, two wrongs will make a right in this instance.

Go Brewers. Go Dodgers.

thomas35forever
07-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Ya but I don't remember Wrigley playing it.
Maybe the song itself wasn't played, but I swear I remember the Wrigley fans singing it the day of the clincher.

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2007, 02:18 AM
So they would be paying our salary and our potential salary for 09? Thats fine with me.I don't know about you, but they won't be paying mine.

jcw218
07-22-2007, 12:45 PM
In the early '80s, "Go Cubs Go" was used to start the broadcast of the ballgames on WGN. I personally have not heard the song in years but I still remember the song and the melody of it.