PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Comerica

stacksedwards
07-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm making the journey up to Detroit the first weekend in August for the Sox series. The only tix I found for all three days were standing room only. Does anybody know if these suck (should I just go through stub hub).
Would also like to know what people who have been to the park thing about it

Fenway
07-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm making the journey up to Detroit the first weekend in August for the Sox series. The only tix I found for all three days were standing room only. Does anybody know if these suck (should I just go through stub hub).
Would also like to know what people who have been to the park thing about it

Views from the concourse are similar to The Cell. A lot of people stand behind the bleachers in LF

johnny bench
07-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Keep searching Ticketmaster in the couple of days prior to the game. I was able to get tix to a sold out game at Comerica against Minnesota a couple of weeks ago that were released on Thursday for Saturday afternoon.

SRO is not a bad back up plan.

StepsInSC
07-21-2007, 12:01 PM
No advice on tickets, but I went last year for a Sox game and I really liked the park. It's absolutely enormous. I don't particularly mean the playing field, but the whole structure feels like it takes up several square city blocks. The game I went to was sold out too, and right before the Sox fell out of the race last year, so the crowd was really into it and loud. Never got anything but good natured ribbing about my Sox gear.

Oblong
07-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Standing Room isn't bad. I know quite a few people who've done it. There's plenty of places you can park yourself. My advice is to hang out in the RF corner area, it seems like seats always
open up there. Sections 103-113....

I know there's areas in the lower concourse you can stand. You can also hang out by the statues in left center. The view from there is great.