PDA

View Full Version : Pods and Erstad

rmusacch
07-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Any official word on when they will be back? I have read this weekend and next week in two different places.

hose
07-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Possibly next week for the Tigers series.

eriqjaffe
07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Possibly next week for the Tigers series.So they'll be back on the DL for the Toronto series?

Hitmen77
07-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Possibly next week for the Tigers series.

Any guesses on which two players the Sox will send down to make room for Erstad and Pods (aka Grindy and Mr. Glass)?

Rocky Soprano
07-20-2007, 11:23 AM
So they'll be back on the DL for the Toronto series?

Will you be here all week?

MCHSoxFan
07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Any official word on when they will be back? I have read this weekend and next week in two different places.

I heard that one will be back late in the BOS series and one will be back in DET series. I think Erstad comes first, then Pods.

eriqjaffe
07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Any guesses on which two players the Sox will send down to make room for Erstad and Pods (aka Grindy and Mr. Glass)?My guess would be Owens and Terrero, but I'd rather it be either one of those guys and Dewon Day.

Of course, if Erstad's returning before Pods, then they can just reactivate Pods when Erstad goes down again.

dickallen15
07-20-2007, 11:26 AM
The question isn't when they will come back, its when they will go back on the DL.

Jaffar
07-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Sending Owens back down right now could be a huge mistake for the future of this franchise, ok maybe not so dramatic but he has been hitting great since being recalled, it would be foolish to send him down or platoon him for a player/s that won't be here next season.

MCHSoxFan
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
My guess would be Owens and Terrero, but I'd rather it be either one of those guys and Dewon Day.

Of course, if Erstad's returning before Pods, then they can just reactivate Pods when Erstad goes down again.

Once Pods comes back, Jerry will go back down. Not sure about Erstad, though.

Tragg
07-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Hopefully we'll play them just long enough to trade them. Maybe Erstad can play some backup first or something. The help they offer is inconsequential, at best.

eriqjaffe
07-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Sending Owens back down right now could be a huge mistake for the future of this franchise, ok maybe not so dramatic but he has been hitting great since being recalled, it would be foolish to send him down or platoon him for a player/s that won't be here next season.I think it would be better for the future to let Owens get consistent at-bats, which he won't be able to do with Erstad and Pods in the lineup.

Terrero will never be more than a 4th or 5th outfielder, so having him ride the pine isn't going to stymie anybody.

southside rocks
07-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Sending Owens back down right now could be a huge mistake for the future of this franchise, ok maybe not so dramatic but he has been hitting great since being recalled, it would be foolish to send him down or platoon him for a player/s that won't be here next season.

I got the feeling from what Farmio and Singleton were saying that they think Owens might be here a while.

My guess is that they send Andy Gonzalez and Luis Terrerro down if/when Pods and Erstad return.

rmusacch
07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Any guesses on which two players the Sox will send down to make room for Erstad and Pods (aka Grindy and Mr. Glass)?

What about Andy Gonzalez going down?

Jaffar
07-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I got the feeling from what Farmio and Singleton were saying that they think Owens might be here a while.

My guess is that they send Andy Gonzalez and Luis Terrerro down if/when Pods and Erstad return.

If Dye isn't traded though Owens will probably see limited time which will not help him progress further and I would like to see if he can produce the rest of this year and be our leadoff in the future.

southside rocks
07-20-2007, 12:51 PM
If Dye isn't traded though Owens will probably see limited time which will not help him progress further and I would like to see if he can produce the rest of this year and be our leadoff in the future.

I guess you're right.

I just find it impossible to envision both Pods and Erstad in the lineup together, both healthy, for any length of time.

And I'd much rather see Pods traded than JD, although I realize that Pods' value is pretty low. Okay, below low. It would mean paying another team to take him. I'm okay with that!

balke
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I guess you're right.

I just find it impossible to envision both Pods and Erstad in the lineup together, both healthy, for any length of time.

And I'd much rather see Pods traded than JD, although I realize that Pods' value is pretty low. Okay, below low. It would mean paying another team to take him. I'm okay with that!

I wouldn't go that far.

jenn2080
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM

POTW.

:rolling:

kjhanson
07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I sure hope it isn't Jerry. He's been really fun to watch lay down bunts recently. He was absolutely flying down the line after last nite's attempt.

Last 50 ABs (54 PA):

.320 AVG
.370 OBP
10 runs
5 SB

Unfortunately 0 extra-base-hits. But that doesn't seem to matter for him. He's been on base 20 times and has scored 10 runs, good for a 50% run-conversion rate.

eriqjaffe
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
What about Andy Gonzalez going down?That would leave Alex Cintron as our only reserve infielder. :ahhh:

kjhanson
07-20-2007, 01:47 PM
That would leave Alex Cintron as our only reserve infielder. :ahhh:

And not sending Andy Gonzalez down would mean Andy Gonzalez is still playing for a major league team. :ahhhhhhhh:

eriqjaffe
07-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Andy Gonzalez is a good solution, but he's fine as a utility guy - do you really want to rely on gimpy-armed Alex Cintron filling in at third base? Sure, Mackowiak can play second and third, but Ozzie seems resistant to playing him in the infield - only 7 of his 174 appearances at the hot corner have come with the Sox.

Also, Gonzalez seems much more heads-up in the outfield than Mackowiak - I can't remember which game it was, but I actually saw him catch a fly ball in right field and get his footwork so that he could actually come up throwing the ball. Didn't get the runner, but I liked the fact that he was thinking about what to do after the catch.

Sometimes, it seems that people have forgotten that this team is short Pablo Ozuna.

getonbckthr
07-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Hopefully never again unless they are in a uniform that is not that of the White Sox.

NorthSideSox72
07-20-2007, 03:06 PM
That would leave Alex Cintron as our only reserve infielder. :ahhh:
Not really - Mack is a 3B by trade, played a bunch there with PIT, has played there for us before. And he can play 1B. Cintron would be the only reserve middle infielder.

eriqjaffe
07-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Not really - Mack is a 3B by trade, played a bunch there with PIT, has played there for us before. And he can play 1B. Cintron would be the only reserve middle infielder.See my post above about how Ozzie almost never uses him in the infield.

Cellview22
07-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Isn't it unbelievable that everything we used to make fun of the Cubs for is now happening with the Sox.. 4th place, completely useless by Sep... uh.. July, and the 2 players we want back desperately are inevitably heading back to the DL before they even hit the field. Why are the baseball gods doing this to us? :whiner:

A. Cavatica
07-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Pods and Erstad coming back...what difference does it make?

eriqjaffe
07-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Pods and Erstad coming back...what difference does it make?None whatsoever. This team is just bad.

WhiteSox5187
07-20-2007, 10:58 PM
None whatsoever. This team is just bad.
Well...I think ya hope that they have a good couple of weeks and that some team might be desperate enough to give you something for them.

santo=dorf
07-21-2007, 12:18 AM
If so, hopefully it'll be someone else's problems.

RockJock07
07-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is so down on Erstad, he was the ONLY one hitting before he went down. Yeah, he's not the same Erstad that he was when he was an Angel but he plays very good defense and runs the bases better then any White Sox, I want him on this team, and so does Kenny.

The problem I see is that he is due to make 3.5 million next year, that's alot. If he can stay healthy the rest of the year and play well i wouldn't mind considering the rest of the OF situation. I would like to see a Sweeney, Erstad, Gonzalez outfield next year. I think Andy and Ryan have the most upside out of any of the Outfielders in the Minors.

As far as Pods, he's bad.

santo=dorf
07-21-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is so down on Erstad, he was the ONLY one hitting before he went down. Yeah, he's not the same Erstad that he was when he was an Angel but he plays very good defense and runs the bases better then any White Sox, I want him on this team, and so does Kenny.

The problem I see is that he is due to make 3.5 million next year, that's alot. If he can stay healthy the rest of the year and play well i wouldn't mind considering the rest of the OF situation. I would like to see a Sweeney, Erstad, Gonzalez outfield next year. I think Andy and Ryan have the most upside out of any of the Outfielders in the Minors.

As far as Pods, he's bad.
His "hitting" still sucked before he went down. His .264 average was empty as it was mostly bloop singles. He's washed up. It's time to move on and I hope this teaches KW a lesson of going after guys who he wanted 5 years ago. Does anyone really want to see Carlos Delgado on the Sox in 2010?

FarWestChicago
07-21-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is so down on Erstad, he was the ONLY one hitting before he went down. Yeah, he's not the same Erstad that he was when he was an Angel but he plays very good defense and runs the bases better then any White Sox, I want him on this team, and so does Kenny. It's like trying to be "cool" or popular in high school. The REH's hate Erstad because it makes them somehow "better" than everybody else. :rolleyes:

Craig Grebeck
07-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Someone please explain to me what good it would have to play Erstad the rest of this season instead of one of your young outfielders?

southside rocks
07-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Someone please explain to me what good it would have to play Erstad the rest of this season instead of one of your young outfielders?

Because Erstad is mature, experienced centerfielder who can manage the outfield the way a CF should, who plays every game with a high level of intensity and who is more than competent at his position and has speed on the bases, and the young outfielders are not all that yet.

Now, given the physical and mental struggles that Pods has had the past two years, it would make more sense to me to fill that spot with a rookie for the remainder of the year. JMO.

FedEx227
07-21-2007, 09:35 AM
It's like trying to be "cool" or popular in high school. The REH's hate Erstad because it makes them somehow "better" than everybody else. :rolleyes:

You hit it right on the head. That's why any of us don't like Erstad, it's because we're better then you. It's about time someone got it. It's been our plan from the beginning.

It wasn't aggression from us wanting the Sox to actually develop some OF prospects that we can use for the next 5-6 years instead of a washed up, injury prone, mediocre OF who's only true talent is people think he's a grinder.

No, it was just us being better than people.

I apologize for not wanting to turn the White Sox into the San Fransisco Giants/New York Yankees of the world plugging holes with crappy veterans and not having the balls to suck it up, win 70 games and develop some talent.

No, I'd rather hover around 80-88 wins for eternity while my blind allegiance to the White Sox allows me to call out anybody who disagrees with any move they make, even if the only reason they disagree with it is because it won't better the organization.

Please do tell me, what benefit does Erstad have to this team currently? If he comes back in a week, and Owens is sent down, and Sweeney continues to rot in AAA. What benefit does Erstad have to the 2007 Sox or the future Sox?

santo=dorf
07-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Because Erstad is mature, experienced centerfielder who can manage the outfield the way a CF should, who plays every game with a high level of intensity and who is more than competent at his position and has speed on the bases, and the young outfielders are not all that yet.

Now, given the physical and mental struggles that Pods has had the past two years, it would make more sense to me to fill that spot with a rookie for the remainder of the year. JMO.
So you don't think Owens or Sweeney play at a high level of intensity and/or they don't have any speed on the bases?

How about Erstad's physical stuggle for the past two years? How come he doesn't get replaced like Podsednik?

FedEx227
07-21-2007, 09:46 AM
So you don't think Owens or Sweeney play at a high level of intensity and/or they don't have any speed on the bases?

How about Erstad's physical stuggle for the past two years? How come he doesn't get replaced like Podsednik?

Erstad's past two years (06-07): 88 games, .242/.295/.333, 2 HR, 26 RBIs, 41 strikeouts, 19 walks (2.15 K/BB) 19 extra base hits

Podsednik's past two years (06-07): 158 games, .265/.342/.378, 4 HR, 47 RBIs, 107 strikeouts, 62 walks (1.72 K/BB), 42 extra base hits

Yet Podsednik is the one that needs to be replaced?

southside rocks
07-21-2007, 11:31 AM

No, that's not what I said. I said that Erstad is a bunch of things and the youngsters aren't ALL THAT yet.

In other words, why is Erstad being paid more this season than Owens or Sweeney? Because Ozzie likes Erstad and hates the rookies? Or because Erstad is a finished product and a known quantity and the other two are still developing?

I don't think Owens should be sent down, because I don't think Erstad is necessarily going to be playing every day. And I don't think Sweeney should be brought up yet, because they sent him back down to work on some stuff and when he's gotten a handle on it, the Sox management will know that before I do.

FarWestChicago
07-21-2007, 11:37 AM
You hit it right on the head. That's why any of us don't like Erstad, it's because we're better then you. It's about time someone got it. It's been our plan from the beginning. There is a huge difference between disagreeing with a move KW made and actively hating and pulling against a player on the Sox; which is what you REH's have done. You've crossed a line on Erstad. You're not fooling anybody.

Tragg
07-21-2007, 11:57 AM

He has a .311 OBP with 2 home runs in 2 months of play. Under any objective analysis, that is poor offense. This mediocre player is crowding out young players and he gets plaudits for hitting poorly, while young players get trashed for similar performance
I can understand that dissing Dye or Pods would be taken as anti-Sox...after all, they were key elements of the Sox championship. But this player's relationship wiht the Sox is limited to 2 months in a non championship year. There's no way I'm putting Erstad above the Sox.

russ99
07-22-2007, 09:46 AM
He has a .311 OBP with 2 home runs in 2 months of play. Under any objective analysis, that is poor offense. This mediocre player is crowding out young players and he gets plaudits for hitting poorly, while young players get trashed for similar performance
I can understand that dissing Dye or Pods would be taken as anti-Sox...after all, they were key elements of the Sox championship. But this player's relationship wiht the Sox is limited to 2 months in a non championship year. There's no way I'm putting Erstad above the Sox.

I don't think any of us would put Owens over Erstad and Gonzalez over Pods if both Pods and Erstad are really healthy and stay that way.

If the Sox had prospects worthy of a MLB job both in the field and at the plate, I'd be all for benching those two guys, but the truth is, we don't.

Sweeney might be that player at some point this season, or Keny might go and get a guy that can be that player, but as of now Owens and Gonzalez aren't.

Now that they both got a good taste of the majors, they'd be best served working on their game in AAA the rest of the season, and prepare to fight for a position next spring with Pods & Erstad out of the picture.

But Ozzie's gotta go with the best players he's dealt, and this season it means Erstad and Pods, if they're healthy.

As for Pods, he's really gotten a raw deal.

His latest injury was a fluke, he's never had that kind of injury before. I didn't hear anyone calling out Thome or labelling him "useless" with that same injury earlier this season, especially since Thome has chronic knee and back problems that prevent him from playing a position. Just because Thome's homers are "sexy" while Pods has to grind it out on the basepaths doesn't mean that either of them aren't injury-prone.

ChiSoxFan7
07-22-2007, 11:06 AM
I

His latest injury was a fluke, he's never had that kind of injury before. I didn't hear anyone calling out Thome or labelling him "useless" with that same injury earlier this season, especially since Thome has chronic knee and back problems that prevent him from playing a position. Just because Thome's homers are "sexy" while Pods has to grind it out on the basepaths doesn't mean that either of them aren't injury-prone.

only problem with that....

pods injuries have prevented him from grinding it out. his base running is HUGELY affected by injuries. Thome on the other hand only has to trot to 1st or all the way around. It's not really to do with the HR being sexy, but more with the fact that Thome can hit HRs (his game)while being injured while pods cannot steal bags (his game) while being injured.

Craig Grebeck
07-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Erstad was healthy for the first part of the season, and he still suuuuuuucked. What benefit does it give the White Sox to play a washed up veteran instead of playing a young OF who could get the MLB experience in a season that is completely lost. You don't play vets with no future this time of the season. That **** is baseball 101 and Ozzie should, and probably does, know better. Erstad should not and will not be in contention for any starting position next year, so why have him waste ABs the rest of the year. If it was June, and Erstad could maybe get some trade value with some above average play, it would be somewhat acceptable.

DFA him.

Grzegorz
07-22-2007, 12:25 PM
There is a huge difference between disagreeing with a move KW made and actively hating and pulling against a player on the Sox; which is what you REH's have done. You've crossed a line on Erstad. You're not fooling anybody.

Erstad has a place on this team because he's a veteran the younger player can learn from.

If that wasn't enough he's an asset in the outfield defensively and is a hedge against a Konerko injury...

Screw that; he's a plus defensive first baseman as well. That makes him an asset; of which there aren't too many of on this team.

russ99
07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Erstad has a place on this team because he's a veteran the younger player can learn from.

If that wasn't enough he's an asset in the outfield defensively and is a hedge against a Konerko injury...

Screw that; he's a plus defensive first baseman as well. That makes him an asset; of which there aren't too many of on this team.

And the kids who so many say should be playing are not producing at the plate, with all 3 around the 100 ab mark, which is a pretty decent point to make a judgement:

Andy Gonzalez: 87ab, .207ba, .310obp
Jerry Owens: 120ab, .242ba, .295obp
Luis Terrero: 127ab .227ba, .341obp

This is a AAA outfield, not a major league one.

Compare this with:

Pods: 67ab .269ba .355obp
Erstad: 182ab, .264ba, .311obp

The only Sox outfielder who's hit well enough to put himself in play for a full-time job is Mackowiak.

Any word if either "Grinderella" is being called up today?

lostfan
07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
And the kids who so many say should be playing are not producing at the plate, with all 3 around the 100 ab mark, which is a pretty decent point to make a judgement:

Andy Gonzalez: 87ab, .207ba, .310obp
Jerry Owens: 120ab, .242ba, .295obp
Luis Terrero: 127ab .227ba, .341obp

This is a AAA outfield, not a major league one.

Compare this with:

Pods: 67ab .269ba .355obp
Erstad: 182ab, .264ba, .311obp

The only Sox outfielder who's hit well enough to put himself in play for a full-time job is Mackowiak.

Any word if either "Grinderella" is being called up today?
Why are you labeling Owens as a failure already, or otherwise saying he doesn't belong in the majors? Haven't you seen him play lately since his call-up? He's earned more playing time and the benefit of the doubt for now.

Terrero is an ok bench guy and nothing more, people got ahead of themselves pretending otherwise. Gonzalez is another issue entirely and shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Owens.

Flight #24
07-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm all for Erstad and think it was a good signing. He would have been the perfect 4th OF, spelling the other 3 and/or platooning with one of them. The problem is that given the Sox situation, with 2 slots needing players, that wasn't his role. And it was completely predictable that he'd break down if forced to play regularly. The error in judgement was not signing Erstad, it was the combination of signing Erstad and having him, Pods (equally brittle), Anderson (huge question mark), Sweeney (question mark) playing for 2 slots in the OF instead of 1.

At this point, it makes no sense to play Darin over a younger player, because the younger player might improve and be as good or better whereas Darin is what he is. He can't help the Sox win anything of significance this year, so there's no point in playing him.

As for next year, I'd again think he's a great addition to the team as a veteran presence and 4th OF (although $3.75M is a bit steep IMO). But again - not as a guy you expect to be a fulltime starter.

Same for Pods, by the way - you can't rely on him to stay healthy, so you can't count on him as a starter. That means that you can platoon Pods & Erstad but only if you've got a bonafide, reliable CF & RF.

Tragg
07-23-2007, 02:38 PM

We have a team full of veterans, some of whom actually participated in the Sox World Championship.

russ99
07-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Why are you labeling Owens as a failure already, or otherwise saying he doesn't belong in the majors? Haven't you seen him play lately since his call-up? He's earned more playing time and the benefit of the doubt for now.

Terrero is an ok bench guy and nothing more, people got ahead of themselves pretending otherwise. Gonzalez is another issue entirely and shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Owens.

Owens has been playing much better lately. But I'm talking about this year, not 2008 when Pods & Erstad are likely to be gone. I still care about this season, even though the Sox are only playing for pride and to keep the Royals from finishing ahead of them.

I think Owens has grown a lot in his 2 call-ups, but I'd prefer he keeps playing everyday, and with Pods & Erstad coming back, regardless of what some posters think Ozzie should do, he's probably not going to do that.

I'd send him down for the next month to work on his running game, and bring him up for good in September with the promise of competing for a starting job next season.

Martinigirl
07-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Has anyone heard when either one might be coming up? I was hoping for tonight, but I can see that didn't happen.

JB98
07-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Has anyone heard when either one might be coming up? I was hoping for tonight, but I can see that didn't happen.

Don't be surprised if Pods is available for tomorrow's DH. Erstad is going to be staying down there a little longer.

WizardsofOzzie
07-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Found this on Rotoworld

" Darin Erstad (ankle) has reportedly suffered a setback while on a minor league rehab assignment at Triple-A.
The White Sox were hoping to have Erstad back along with Scott Podsednik Tuesday, but he's not ready to return. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, "his immediate future is once again cloudy."

Looks like CLR's favorite PTC will have to wait a bit longer

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2252

russ99
07-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Owens has been playing much better lately. But I'm talking about this year, not 2008 when Pods & Erstad are likely to be gone. I still care about this season, even though the Sox are only playing for pride and to keep the Royals from finishing ahead of them.

I think Owens has grown a lot in his 2 call-ups, but I'd prefer he keeps playing everyday, and with Pods & Erstad coming back, regardless of what some posters think Ozzie should do, he's probably not going to do that.

I'd send him down for the next month to work on his running game, and bring him up for good in September with the promise of competing for a starting job next season.

Owens looked really steady in the field yesterday, but he's still not getting on base. I can see the Sox keeping him up for now, or at least until the deadline deals shake themselves out, but he still has a lot to work on in the offseason.

jabrch
07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Owens looked really steady in the field yesterday, but he's still not getting on base.

Since coming back up, since July 5, he's .290/.338. What do you want from a guy just finishing his first 100 ABs in the bigs?

FedEx227
07-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Since coming back up, since July 5, he's .290/.338. What do you want from a guy just finishing his first 100 ABs in the bigs?

Darin Erstad-esque perfection

aka

.264/.311 and being a football player at Nebraska.

INSox56
07-24-2007, 12:03 PM
I agree with Fedex completely. I'd go further and talk about how Anderson wasn't given a fair chance this year because they felt it better to play a frail, should-be-backup OFer than work with BA's improved swing, but I won't.

But now we've got a guy in Owens who can have a chance to prove himself for the rest of the season (or to find out if his recent 50+ ABs are a fluke or not). We don't need to "BA" another player by starting Erstad and giving Owens, part of a possible future solution to our OF (and needed leadoff guy) limited ABs or sending him back down to waste away in AAA. The season is over guys....why start Erstad over any of our young OFers?

If, when Erstad comes back, he goes back to starting I will be sincerely pissed off and wonder *** is going on in the player development front.

Thome25
07-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree with Fedex completely. I'd go further and talk about how Anderson wasn't given a fair chance this year because they felt it better to play a frail, should-be-backup OFer than work with BA's improved swing, but I won't.

But now we've got a guy in Owens who can have a chance to prove himself for the rest of the season (or to find out if his recent 50+ ABs are a fluke or not). We don't need to "BA" another player by starting Erstad and giving Owens, part of a possible future solution to our OF (and needed leadoff guy) limited ABs or sending him back down to waste away in AAA. The season is over guys....why start Erstad over any of our young OFers?

If, when Erstad comes back, he goes back to starting I will be sincerely pissed off and wonder *** is going on in the player development front.

What does that say to you? They'd rather play an aging outfielder than BA.....HMMMMMMM

Could it be that they have no faith in BA because HE SUCKS OFFENSIVELY?

CLR01
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Found this on Rotoworld

" Darin Erstad (ankle) has reportedly suffered a setback while on a minor league rehab assignment at Triple-A.
The White Sox were hoping to have Erstad back along with Scott Podsednik Tuesday, but he's not ready to return. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, "his immediate future is once again cloudy."

Looks like CLR's favorite PTC will have to wait a bit longer

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2252

There has been no setbacks, Ersty is 100% healthy. Word on the street is that the league is blocking his return to keep things fair in the AL.

RockJock07
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM

We already know what's going on in Player Development.....nothing! If BA wants another chance he needs to hit better at Triple A, .255 isn't going to get him up here any quicker.

I'm stilll wondering why Sweeney isn't up, I wouldn't mind seeing Owens in Center, pods/Erstad in left and Sweeney in right after Dye is traded. That at least gives you the rest of this season/winter ball/and spring training to see who is gonna be on the Sox next year, if they don't hit in that time frame, get rid of them.

INSox56
07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
What does that say to you? They'd rather play an aging outfielder than BA.....HMMMMMMM

:rolleyes: Fine, you can believe that. I can also believe that wonderful Walker never corrected his swing last year (which he himself said was what was wrong with Brian) and "let his natural ability work for him" aka continue to suck ass. I can also believe that the only chance he was given this year was in spot starts which is hard enough for most veterans, much less a relative new player. While I believe that BA may still suck offensively, I can also say that he's not been given a fair chance yet to prove or disprove that. His AAA #s don't matter, he was injured most of that time.

lostfan
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Even still, if Owens is playing well and DOES NOT suck offensively, what kind of message would that send? He has a point.

Frontman
07-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Glad to see Pods back. My son looked at the TV when he was on, and said,

"Oh, I was hoping Grindy would be back."

I died laughing on that one. KW has the intelligence of a five year old!!!