PDA

View Full Version : *Official* White Vs. Red: Round 1: Game 1 7/19/2007 Postgme Thread

MCHSoxFan
07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Way to play boys!!! Keep it up. I just love when the WHITE SOX can beat these really good/tought-to-beat teams. Oh, and the..BULLPEN. BUCKVITCH did good. Also, Bobby recovered from the last game, CLE.

As Ken would say: YEEEESSSS!!!!

QCIASOXFAN
07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
I love Bukvich. That is all.

Patrick134
07-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Sox have now taken 3 of 4 in 2 of the hardest places to win at. Go Sox !

jabrch
07-20-2007, 12:38 AM
When they play like this, it really makes me think about what a damn shame the first few months of the season were.

TomParrish79
Bukvich's first pitch was toward the head almost everytime

Good win and we need to keep it up

soltrain21
Well, that was a fun game to watch.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-20-2007, 12:39 AM
God it's a good feeling when the Sox win :bandance:

Rockin Robin
07-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Solid game all around!

But for the love of god, lets get Uribe OUT OF THERE

mark2olson
07-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Good win tonight, fellas!

SoxSpeed22
07-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Good job Bukvich?! :o:
We'll have to wait and see what happens nearing the end of July.

JB98
TRADE JENKS!!!!!!!

Fenway
I have been telling you Boston is falling apart. Nice win Pale Hose. Signing off on my Blackberry at Fenway

GregO23
It was a great game to watch. A later comeback, a clutch HR by Konerko because we usually need a run(even though we didnt need it surprisingly), and alot of patience at the plate(6 BBs vs DiceK) Javy pitched good like he has lately. GO SOX!

ps: please trade dye while hes still somewhat hot. He cant hit with RISP!!!!

JB98
07-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Bukvich's first pitch was toward the head almost everytime

Good win and we need to keep it up

I don't know whether he was coming up and in intentionally or not, but it sure was effective. Youklis had no prayer after Bukvich knocked him down on the first pitch.

We caught a break on that deep drive by Ramirez. Thank goodness the park held it. Five more feet to the right, and we lose this game. It's nice to have it go our way for a change.

I think the Red Sox are going worse than we are right now. Maybe we can capitalize, although the pitching matchup tomorrow will be tough.

Chicken Dinner
07-20-2007, 12:45 AM
PK's HR took a lot of pressure off Jenks. It was sweet! :smile:

Give Javy some luv too!!

oeo
07-20-2007, 12:49 AM
We caught a break on that deep drive by Ramirez. Thank goodness the park held it. Five more feet to the right, and we lose this game. It's nice to have it go our way for a change.

That's not catching a break, IMO. Just-missed homerun? How many of those have we had this year?

We caught a break on that close pitch that was called a ball to AJ, which was close enough to be a strike (I thought it was). Even if it was a ball, that's too close to take.

kevingrt
07-20-2007, 12:49 AM
What a nice win all around. Besides leaving a couple too many men LOB that was a good win and a very nice job by Bukvich out of the 'pen. Nice win now lets keep it up!

Chicken Dinner
07-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Extra butter for the lobster tonight for PK, Javy, AJ, and Jenks!! :cool:

MUsoxfan
07-20-2007, 12:52 AM
First of 20 in a row!

JB98
07-20-2007, 12:54 AM
That's not catching a break, IMO. Just-missed homerun? How many of those have we had this year?

We caught a break on that close pitch that was called a ball to AJ, which was close enough to be a strike (I thought it was). Even if it was a ball, that's too close to take.

Ramirez hit the ball 410 feet, and that produced no runs. I'd say that's a break for us.

oeo
07-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Ramirez hit the ball 410 feet, and that produced no runs. I'd say that's a break for us.

I disagree, that's all on Manny...he hit it to the deepest part of the park. They don't ask how you get outs, as long as you get 'em.

But if you're going to call that a break, then the Red Sox caught a break when Paulie fouled off a cookie in the 9th...that he could have clobbered. These kind of "breaks" happen a billion times every game...does that really make it a break anymore?

JB98
07-20-2007, 01:03 AM
I disagree, that's all on Manny...he hit it to the deepest part of the park. They don't ask how you get outs, as long as you get 'em.

But if you're going to call that a break, then the Red Sox caught a break when Paulie fouled off a cookie in the 9th...that he could have clobbered. These kind of "breaks" happen a billion times every game...does that really make it a break anymore?

The Red Sox did catch a break when Konerko fouled off that hanger. No question.

HotelWhiteSox
07-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Great game all around, a little bit of every thing, execution, failure, frustration, close calls, good stuff

:lol: Looks like Bukvich found a new trend

hose
07-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Bukvich and Jenks----Shake & Bake

aryzner
07-20-2007, 01:54 AM
:lol: Looks like Bukvich found a new trend

Hey man whatever works! :cool:

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2007, 02:15 AM
Since nobody has said it yet, I guess I will:

NO DICE, BOSTON!

I think that those two noggin shots put just a bit of fear into the batters Bukvich faced, but I agree, the Right Sox did catch a break when Manny hit that one to the deepest spot in the park. Nice to see Jenks rebound from that train wreck in Cleveland, too.

SMO
:gulp:

Foulke You
07-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Bukvich got away with one on Manny. That pitch was up and very hittable and Manny hit that ball a ton but thankfully it died at the fence. I laughed because Manny was admiring that one and it dropped right into the glove of Jerry Owens.:D: Other than that one pitch, Bukvich did a good job tonight. The double play ball was an excellent inside pitch on the fists.

Just once, I'd like to see the Sox bust a game open when they have the bags loaded. We always let teams off the hook in these situations.

Paulie is now officially back to being Paulie. He's been hitting the tar out of the baseball the last few weeks. For the first time all season, we have all 3 of our middle order guys going pretty good. It's too bad we dug ourselves such a huge grave in June.:(:

hawkjt
07-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Paulies liable to hit 40 bombs again the way he is going.

mac still hitting.

Hey ,AJ- what the hell is going on here?:rolleyes: Nice game in the clutch.

It is still fun to play ball when you can be a real spoiler like the sox right now.. I had a feeling that with the carmines playing tight and sox loose... it could be a fun weekend.. the sox just seem to play well in boston and ny for some reason.. tomorrow could be tough but the sox are back to having some fun and that makes them dangerous for contenders.. screw the carmines.

VenturaFan23
07-20-2007, 06:22 AM

I just love how he stood there and admired it until it was caught. Whoops! Back to the dugout dumbass!

Frater Perdurabo
07-20-2007, 07:40 AM
It's nice to get a win; to have won 3 out of 4, and to be playing better baseball since the start of the month.

At the end of of the season, we and the Sox will be even more sorry they went 4-14 against NL teams. :(:

Railsplitter
07-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Nice job of making the other guy pay for walking your guys. Thre of the runner who scored reached base on walks.
:bandance::bandance:

Hitmen77
07-20-2007, 08:22 AM
I have been telling you Boston is falling apart. Nice win Pale Hose. Signing off on my Blackberry at Fenway

You can post here from a Blackberry? I did not know that.

Frontman
07-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Good job Bukvich?! :o:
We'll have to wait and see what happens nearing the end of July.

No teal required, either.

Man, I'm a little bugged that I turned it off, as it was getting late and Ozzie had to go to the 'pen.

Maybe tonight's game can be just as fun to watch.

Johnny Mostil
07-20-2007, 08:54 AM
First of 20 in a row!

Second, my friend, second. (Don't forget preceding win in Cleveland.)

Actually, a "mere" ten-game win streak here--with the next three against Boston and then five against the Tigers--could make things somewhat interesting (although I won't hold my breath) . . .

puckereduppiet
07-20-2007, 08:55 AM
now...that's what I'm talkin' about!!!!

Fenway
07-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I love organ music at the ballpark. But in Boston if the organ plays after the game it means Boston has lost.

Shuffling out of the ballpark to the Washington Post March is not as fun as hearing "Dirty Water, Joy To The World and Tessie" :whiner:

Seriously last night was a huge loss for Boston given the Yankees had lost in the afternoon.

Great win for the White Sox....you took advantage of the walks. That is what a good team does.

WisSoxFan
07-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Paul Konerko
Jim Thome
AJ

The Starting Pitchers

All true professionals. They battle for every pitch (even Contreras - as poorly as he is pitching he's still battling for every pitch). Here's to those guys teaching the young guys how to play the game and getting us back to .500.

Risk
07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Great win last night.

Was it just me, or did I hear chants of "throw it back" after Konerko's home run. I hope that the stupidity exhibited from the Urinal isn't spreading to Boston.

Risk

Edit: Dye made an awesome catch to rob Varitek of extra bases late in the game, too.

Fenway
07-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Great win last night.

Was it just me, or did I hear chants of "throw it back" after Konerko's home run. I hope that the stupidity exhibited from the Urinal isn't spreading to Boston.

Risk

Any fan throwing a ball on the field is arrested by the Boston Police per the request of the Red Sox.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Any fan throwing a ball on the field is arrested by the Boston Police per the request of the Red Sox.\

How nice to hear!

Palehose Pete
07-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Great game. Really good to see the Sox win a close one and play the game tight to the very last out. Games like last night's make me start thinking again that the Sox have a good chance of playing like a good team the rest of the season.

:D:

Foulke You
07-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Any fan throwing a ball on the field is arrested by the Boston Police per the request of the Red Sox.
Too bad this isn't a league wide policy. A few arrests would stop that crap in a hurry.

balke
07-20-2007, 11:40 AM
I just love how he stood there and admired it until it was caught. Whoops! Back to the dugout dumbass!

I was mad about that for a second, but then I realized there were runners on, and it was hit so high he could've walked to first and in the meantime it was either going to be caught or a homerun.

10 feet to the right, and that ball was a HR. But hey, we didn't design the park.

HawkDJ
07-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Great win for the White Sox....you took advantage of the walks. That is what a good team does.

Yeah...and we still beat you! :tongue: