PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Customizing

BadBobbyJenks
07-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Ive got a road sox jersey with nothing on it and had been waiting for buehrle to be resigned before I did anything with it. Anyone know of a place I can bring the jersey in to get stiched?

jenn2080
07-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Grandstand or triplethreatsports.com

soltrain21
07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about stupid and random jerseys you have seen throughout sports history.

My favorite crappy jersey is the Curtis Enis Bears jersey. I saw a Nick Massett jersey once, too.

ChiSoxGirl
07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Ive got a road sox jersey with nothing on it and had been waiting for buehrle to be resigned before I did anything with it. Anyone know of a place I can bring the jersey in to get stiched?

Grandstand does an awesome job with customizing jerseys. Take it from someone who bought their jersey somewhere else and got shoddy craftsmanship- I learned the hard way. If you take it to Grandstand, the letters will be perfect and it'll be done in a timely manner. Trust me, it'll be worth the drive.

BadBobbyJenks
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Grandstand does an awesome job with customizing jerseys. Take it from someone who bought their jersey somewhere else and got shoddy craftsmanship- I learned the hard way. If you take it to Grandstand, the letters will be perfect and it'll be done in a timely manner. Trust me, it'll be worth the drive.

How much does that run?

DumpJerry
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
How much does that run?
Depends on how many characters they are doing.

BadBobbyJenks
07-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Depends on how many characters they are doing.

It would be Buehrle

dakuda
07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
It would be Buehrle

Call them? 773-927-1984

Domeshot17
07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
It would be Buehrle

Not sure on price but the quality is worth it. I had one jersey done at a local embroider in the mall and then got my st pattys day one done at the grandstand. The Grandstand used official and authentic Sox lettering, the guy in the mall used basic lettering and you could tell it was not authentic.

LongLiveFisk
07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Not sure on price but the quality is worth it. I had one jersey done at a local embroider in the mall and then got my st pattys day one done at the grandstand. The Grandstand used official and authentic Sox lettering, the guy in the mall used basic lettering and you could tell it was not authentic.

I hate that generic lettering. I always thought if you were going to get a name/number put on the back you might as well pay the few extra bucks for the better, authentic quality. I don't buy the ones with the generic lettering already stitched on either.

jcw218
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM

Grandstand is my recomendation. I purshased a jersey (alt black) from them and had it customized. I was told that it would probably take two weeks for the jersey to be done. I was suprised to hear back from them in less than a week that it was ready for pickup. Total cost was about $180.00. Hope this helps.

DumpJerry
07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I bought a home jersey for the 2005 World Series from MLB.com. The jersey only had the WS patch and Sox logo on it because they could not do the lettering I wanted because of licensing restrictions. I wanted the number 13 with the name Ozzie on the back (they could only do "Guillen" under the license). I took it to Grandstand for the 13's (front and back) and Ozzie. They did a 100% perfect job and it cost, IIRC, about $60.00. It took about a week, but it was December, slow period. Well worth it!

Brian26
07-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Pete and Rosemary are the best.

ChiSoxGirl
07-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Pete and Rosemary are the best.

Everyone I've dealt with there- Stephanie, Josh, Rosemary, Cindy- is really nice and we're on a first-name basis. :wink:

I was just in there this afternoon because my sister's birthday is next weekend and she wanted the patch sewn on her '83 jersey as part of her gift. I've always been satisfied with my purchases from there, and the fact that they're just really nice, friendly people is an added bonus. :thumbsup:

DumpJerry
07-19-2007, 11:34 PM
When I bought my World Series champs tee shirts and hats right after we won it all, I was waited on by none other than Dave Wills!

He's not a stranger behind the counter at Grandstand.

Foulke You
07-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Allow me to echo the others here. Grandstand is the place. They are located at 35th and Wallace. I get all my jersey lettering/numbering there and they end up looking exactly like the player's uniforms. They even have a website too: www.grandstandsox.com (http://www.grandstandsox.com)

mcg
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
FYI, according to Triple Threat's website they cannot add a current player to a jersey due to licensing restrictions. I don't know about Grandstand; I've never had a jersey customized after the fact.

jenn2080
07-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about stupid and random jerseys you have seen throughout sports history.

My favorite crappy jersey is the Curtis Enis Bears jersey. I saw a Nick Massett jersey once, too.

IF it is the same person I saw the guys last name is Massett.

twentywontowin
07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
FYI, according to Triple Threat's website they cannot add a current player to a jersey due to licensing restrictions. I don't know about Grandstand; I've never had a jersey customized after the fact.

This is correct if you bring them a jersey. However, if you buy the jersey from them, you can get whatever player you want on it.

My girlfriend's brother just bought an authentic road gray Crede jersey from them a few months ago, and the quality was top notch. Put it next to one from a player and you couldn't tell the difference. Definitely worth the price, and they are cheaper than Grandstand.

DumpJerry
07-20-2007, 01:33 PM

This is correct if you bring them a jersey. However, if you buy the jersey from them, you can get whatever player you want on it.
My "Ozzie" jersey was brought into Grandstand and he is a current player for licensing purposes.

I think Triple Threat is trying to boost jersey sales.

twentywontowin
07-20-2007, 01:50 PM
My "Ozzie" jersey was brought into Grandstand and he is a current player for licensing purposes.

I think Triple Threat is trying to boost jersey sales.

Here is the MLB store policy on jerseys:

League player names must match current team rosters and the team for which they currently play

Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired

Both adult and youth jerseys hold up to 12 characters

Characters accepted: capital A-Z (name field only); 0-9 (number field only); spaces

Each space counts as one (1) character

Language deemed inappropriate, derogatory, or profane will not be accepted

If your selection does not meet all of the above criteria you will be prompted to start over

They could do "Ozzie" with number 13, but not "Guillen" for 13 per MLB rules.

gregoriop
07-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired

I don't get this one. So I can have a Boston and New York Boggs jersey, but not a Devil Rays one? I don't understand what this rule is trying to accomplish.

DumpJerry
07-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Here is the MLB store policy on jerseys:

They could do "Ozzie" with number 13, but not "Guillen" for 13 per MLB rules.
Nope. They refused to do it. They cancelled my order. I had to call them to find out why (the email only said "cancelled" without a reason). When I called, it was explained that it had to be in the same form as the player's jersey ("Guillen" and not "Ozzie"). The contradictory thing is that I could have had them do a number with a non-player's name (like my name) on it.

That is why I wound up buying a nameless one from them and taking it to Grandstand. The woman at MLB told me "once you get the merchandise, we don't know what you do with it." Since I don't have a licensing agreement with MLB for my clothes, they cannot do anything to me for what I do to my jersey.

downstairs
07-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Nope. They refused to do it. They cancelled my order. I had to call them to find out why (the email only said "cancelled" without a reason). When I called, it was explained that it had to be in the same form as the player's jersey ("Guillen" and not "Ozzie"). The contradictory thing is that I could have had them do a number with a non-player's name (like my name) on it.

Which is so damn insane. What if my name is Guillen?

esbrechtel
07-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Which is so damn insane. What if my name is Guillen?
Loophole? I bet they would make you show ID...

the1tab
07-25-2007, 09:40 PM

My favorite jerseys at the Cell this year were a Bears Kordell Stewart Jersey and a Bulls Brent Barry jersey.