PDA

View Full Version : He's back!

salty99
07-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Timo Perez has been recalled to the Tigers with Marcus Thames going to the 15 day DL.

eriqjaffe
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Timo Perez has been recalled to the Tigers with Marcus Thames going to the 15 day DL.Timo Perez could start in our outfield.

Note the lack of teal.

:whiner:

Huisj
07-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Timo Perez could start in our outfield.

Note the lack of teal.

:whiner:

He might get a few starts with the Tigers. Not only did Thames go down, but Monroe left the game too with back spasms.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-19-2007, 12:38 PM
C'mon Timo! C'mon Timo! C'mon Timo!

Oblong
07-19-2007, 05:12 PM
He had a leadoff walk in the 10th and scored the go ahead run.

I was shocked when the Tigers signed him to a minor league deal but he earned he callup. Been playing well in Toledo this year.

The Racehorse
07-19-2007, 05:12 PM

Perez, whose contract was purchased from Triple-A Toledo before the game, was filling in for left fielder Marcus Thames (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6943/;_ylt=AkeR4at6QVLWm26WQLi6G8y4u7YF) -- who went to the disabled list with a pulled hamstring. Perez walked to start the 10th against Nathan (3-2), moved up on a sacrifice bunt and came around to score on Inge's double.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=270719109)

:gulp:

salty99
07-19-2007, 05:29 PM
can Timo pitch relief?

hose
07-19-2007, 05:38 PM

:nod:

Vestigio
07-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Didnt Timo win the MVP at the AAA All-star game?

A. Cavatica
07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Great! This is the beginning of the end for the Tigers.

oeo
07-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Great! This is the beginning of the end for the Tigers.

The last two teams with Timo on their roster have won the World Series.

Frontman
07-19-2007, 10:20 PM
can Timo pitch relief?

He can do no worse than the amazingBrian Buckvich.

A. Cavatica
07-19-2007, 10:50 PM

You don't seriously think this is anything but a coincidence, do you? :rolleyes:

thedudeabides
07-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Didnt Timo win the MVP at the AAA All-star game?

Yes, and that truly illustrates what a large jump it is from AAA to the show.

DumpJerry
07-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Does that make him twice as good as Aaron Rowand?:rolleyes:

Foulke You
07-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Everyone from that '05 team will always hold a special place in my heart. Timo was a very likeable player. While his overall numbers were nothing spectacular, he had some big clutch moments in a White Sox uni. That "C'mon Timo!" Hawk call was classic.:cool:

JGarlandrules20
07-20-2007, 03:29 AM
Everyone from that '05 team will always hold a special place in my heart. Timo was a very likeable player. While his overall numbers were nothing spectacular, he had some big clutch moments in a White Sox uni. That "C'mon Timo!" Hawk call was classic.:cool:

Don't forget about the "Rally Panties".

DSpivack
07-20-2007, 03:58 AM

Not only that, but he provided a great ending the following May in one of the most emotional Sox games I've ever been to, the game-winning bunt against Oakland (Big Hurt's first game back).

HotelWhiteSox
07-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Not only that, but he provided a great ending the following May in one of the most emotional Sox games I've ever been to, the game-winning bunt against Oakland (Big Hurt's first game back).

Hate to ruin your moment, but I think that was Pablo

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Hate to ruin your moment, but I think that was Pablo

It was Pablo. Timo was on St. Louis last year.

TimoPerez
07-22-2007, 12:18 AM

I think you mean that it was when I, umm...I mean Timo, hit a walkoff two run single to left off of Francisco Rodriguez.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-22-2007, 03:42 AM
On Memorial Day (I think) one year, the Sox came back in the bottom of the ninth with Timo delivering the walkoff bloop hit. I can't remember what team we were against (Angels?)

EDIT: Nevermind TimoPerez ^^^ answered the question

Brian26
07-22-2007, 01:00 PM

The two guys answered correctly below, but what's coincidental is that Timo's big hit on Memorial Day '05 was ALSO Big Frank's comeback game for the Sox that year. I remember this because I went to the game. 5/30/05: Frank was 0 for 2 with a walk, and Timo actually pinch hit for him in the 7th inning. So the Sox had emotional walk-off wins in Frank's comeback game two years in a row.

I think you mean that it was when I, umm...I mean Timo, hit a walkoff two run single to left off of Francisco Rodriguez.

Timo actually got the hit off Shields in the bottom of the 9th. The Sox were down 4-3 going into that inning as Marte had blown the save in the top half by letting two guys score (Buehrle had worked 8.1). Timo's hit scored Willie and Crede, with two outs, to win the game.

On Memorial Day (I think) one year, the Sox came back in the bottom of the ninth with Timo delivering the walkoff bloop hit. I can't remember what team we were against (Angels?)

EDIT: Nevermind TimoPerez ^^^ answered the question

Yep, the Angels. The walkoff bloop was down the leftfield line.

Timo had a huge homer that season in an early series in Minnesota. I think it was the Friday night El Duque game in the first or second week, and it was a bomb into the rightfield upper deck.

TimoPerez
07-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Timo actually got the hit off Shields in the bottom of the 9th. The Sox were down 4-3 going into that inning as Marte had blown the save in the top half by letting two guys score (Buehrle had worked 8.1). Timo's hit scored Willie and Crede, with two outs, to win the game.

My apologies. You are correct. The RBI hits off of Rodriguez were different times.

Chicken Dinner
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
HE GONE.....a Mudhen again.

TimoPerez
07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I'll be back.

FedEx227
07-23-2007, 10:07 PM
I'll be back.

This isn't D&D buddy, no use role-playing.

TimoPerez
07-24-2007, 10:12 AM
This isn't D&D buddy, no use role-playing.

Did I say "I?" I meant "he.":tongue: