PDA

View Full Version : Shef fined for umpire remarks

itsnotrequired
07-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Major League Baseball announced on Wednesday that it has fined Sheffield an undisclosed amount for what was termed "recent remarks regarding umpires." The news release did not refer to the specific remarks, but they're likely his remarks from when he dropped the appeal of his suspension last month.

"If I get suspended for the maximum days, ain't no telling what I might do," he said, "and that's what I do know. And that's what bothers me inside. When I know I'm wronged, I'm just a different person. And it's not a threat. It's a promise."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070718&content_id=2095255&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnered=rss_mlb

harwar
07-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Modern day Albert Belle.
That guy need a team of therapists working round the clock.

The Immigrant
07-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Years of steroid abuse were bound to result in psychological damage. He is bat **** crazy.

lostfan
07-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Sheff could use a nice cold cup of ****.

palehozenychicty
07-19-2007, 09:48 AM
sheffield has been hitting, but his mouth has been even more audible this year than usual. :rolleyes:

Oblong
07-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't get why everybody worries about what he thinks. The media knows he will say crazy stuff and they keep asking him questions, then they try to reprimand him for saying it. If it bothers them then don't interview him. He won't give the cliche answers.