PDA

View Full Version : Favorite New Ballpark

Viva Medias B's
07-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Of all the ballparks built since new Comiskey Park/U.S. Cellular Field opened in 1991, which among the ballparks you have been to is the best? The ballparks are listed in the order in which they were built.

Note: 17 ballparks have come into existance in this period. Because the poll only allows 15 options, Dolphin Stadium in Miami Gardens and Turner Field in Atlanta (random choice) have not been included. If you wish to name either one of those ballparks, please specify them in a reply.

Railsplitter
07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Ooops!

I voted without looking at the initial post.:redface:

Going by what I've seen on TV, I'd go with PNC Park. I like the river in the background. I've even seen barges going by

The Critic
07-19-2007, 08:47 AM
It was a close call for me between Chase Field and Jacobs Field, but the Jake won by a nose. That is a really nice ballpark, with the best fireworks display I've ever seen at a ballgame.
I don't really know if Chase Field was all that great of a park, but I had such a wonderful time in Phoenix that I have a really fond memory of everything in that city (even the 105-degree heat was kind of charming, since I could leave it after 5 days).

Mr.1Dog
07-19-2007, 09:50 AM
AT&T has been my favorite so far. The location of it, the ability to walk around the entire park, and the garlic fries made it a really great park. People are really friendly there and know their baseball. I would highly recommend if you haven't been.

palehozenychicty
07-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Camden Yards. As good as it gets on every level.

CRAW
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Ooops!

I voted without looking at the initial post.:redface:

Same here. Sorry. I voted for AT&T - it's incredible!

jenn2080
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Petco, Camden, Jacobs, Citizens Bank.

C-Dawg
07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I've only been to four which are on the list, and of them I'd probably pick Comerica Park. Call me crazy, but I've never seen what ever it is that's so great about Jacobs Field. It could just be me, or maybe their notoriously unfriendly fans soured my experience there (granted, going there rooting for the Sox while wearing a Winning Ugly jersey probably earns me more unwanted attention that I'd get otherwise).

balke
07-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I put Coors because I've only been to new Busch and Coors. New Busch is actually really nice, but I'm still upset about 8.50 Bud Select, hehe.

Fenway
07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
AT&T Park in SF is just about perfect.

The view from the upper deck is simply amazing. Being on the waterfront just made it perfect.

russ99
07-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I love the juice box (Minute Maid), but I haven't visited yet.

The outfield configuration is quite unique and I also love the funky hill and in-play flagpole.

DSpivack
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I've only been to Coors, Comerica, and AT&T, but the latter gets my vote.

07-19-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.dkohnstudios.com/images/PacBellsingle.jpg

MeteorsSox4367
07-19-2007, 01:49 PM
PNC is beautiful. Right on the river, great view of downtown and you get to walk over the Clemente Bridge. It also helps that the Pirates are my favorite NL team, despite the fact they're usually awful to mediocre.

Camden Yards is also fantastic. Love the brick warehouse in right, great sightlines, friendly people. We stayed at the Holiday Inn a block away and walked which made things much easier. Helping Camden be a solid No. 2 on this list is it was also the home park of a certain No. 8, one of my all-time favorite players.

TDog
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I hope to get out to the Giants' park in San Francisco later the year, but most of the parks I have been to are no longer in use.

The only new parks I've been to are in Phoenix and Milwaukee. I didn't like some of the policies in Phoenix at the time -- such as, not allowing people to get autographs from field level seats before the game unless they had tickets for field level seats. I did like allowing people to return to their seats between innings, however. the upper deck seats are quite steep, but I liked the park a lot better than Milwaukee. Miller Park has serious sight-line issues. There are a lot of bad seats. From some seats, you need to refer to a television monitor to follow the game, but the monitor may be tuned to the Bucks game (and The Simpsons when the Bucks game ends).

Chicken Dinner
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
The amazing thing is that Coors field is one of the oldest parks in the NL. :smile:

ATL should be on that list.

Frater Perdurabo
07-19-2007, 09:03 PM
AT&T has been my favorite so far. The location of it, the ability to walk around the entire park, and the garlic fries made it a really great park. People are really friendly there and know their baseball. I would highly recommend if you haven't been.

Given the setting, I really don't think that any park could compare.

PKalltheway
07-20-2007, 02:37 AM
I went with my hometown pick, Great American Ballpark. I have been to Miller Park a handful of times, but I've gotten so used to GABP.

I will be visiting PNC Park in Pittsburgh next month though, so that will probably end up being my number one once it's all said and done.

whitesoxwilkes
07-26-2007, 09:10 PM
I just found this thread today, missed it first go around.

I'd take Safeco over Camden by a nose, mainly due to the scenery around it.

Brian26
07-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I sat next to an older Tigers fan from Toledo last night. He said it was his first trip to US Cellular, and he was pleasantly surprised. He told me he'd been to a lot of stadiums, and he still thinks Jacobs Field is the best.

mwc44
07-26-2007, 10:37 PM
...ATL should be on that list.
I agree... an amazing transformation after being an Olympic Stadium, and it has outstanding food.