PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Boston

Fenway
07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
The White Sox have arrived and some are at Fenway tonight. Should be fun and remember the Sox will win every game. :lol: Hope it is good baseball. Hard to believe this is the first time the teams have met in 07.

MarySwiss
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
The White Sox have arrived and some are at Fenway tonight. Should be fun and remember the Sox will win every game. :lol: Hope it is good baseball. Hard to believe this is the first time the teams have met in 07.
Oh shut up, you! :D:

Fenway
07-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Mary the Sox WILL win every game we just do not know the color

champagne030
07-18-2007, 09:30 PM

Why would the White Sox players be in attendance? I've watched this game on Extra Innings and they've said nothing....That said, the ballpark could collapse and Remy wouldn't notice. He's ****ing terrible....not that I have much of a leg to stand on with our announcers. :redneck

Fenway
07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Ozzie is 3 rows behind the KC dugout. Remy is better than most.

MarySwiss
07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Mary the Sox WILL win every game we just do not know the color

Oh, ****! Sorry, Fens; that went RIGHT over my head! I am obviously working way too hard!
Anybody know this week's Powerball numbers? :cool:

champagne030
07-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Ozzie is 3 rows behind the KC dugout. Remy is better than most.

Sorry Fens,

No he is not!

Fenway
07-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Chicago could not be hitting Boston at a better time. I see Chicago winning at least 2 and maybe 3 of the 4 games.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/07/19/white_sox_red_sox_series_thumbnails/

Vazquez is 0-3 in four starts at Fenway . . . Contreras has a 3-4 record with an 8.56 ERA in nine games against Boston, including a 9.69 ERA at Fenway . . . Rookie Danks has allowed a team-high 18 home runs, 12 on the road . . . OF Jermaine Dye is 10 for 27 (.370) with four homers and six RBIs in his last six games . . . 1B Jim Thome ranks 25th on the all-time home run list (487), four ahead of Manny Ramírez and six shy of Fred McGriff . . . 3B Joe Crede was transferred to the 60-day disabled list from the 15-day DL Tuesday to make room for RHP Ehren Wasserman. Crede is rehabbing from June 12 back surgery . . . Chicago's bullpen is 3-14 with 10 blown saves in its last 60 games.http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-Based_Image_Resource/dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

Fenway
07-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Sorry Fens,

No he is not!

Can we agree he is better than Ron Santo? :tongue:

http://home.comcast.net/~soxfiend2004/remo1.jpg

Frontman
07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Can we agree he is better than Ron Santo? :tongue:

Fen,

like anyone with a brain (ie Non-Cubbie blue fan) could tell you that!

Thanks for the welcome, let's have a great series.

Fenway
07-19-2007, 01:07 PM
weather should be fine all weekend :D: (after tonite)

Tonight - At Fenway Park as the Red Sox host the White Sox, the temperature will fall from near 75 down to 70 during the game under a mostly cloudy sky with the threat of showers and thunderstorms. Overnight, showers and storms may continue in places. Humid with areas of some fog with lows in the middle to upper 60s.

Friday Night - Showers ending on Cape Cod but remaining mostly cloudy there while clearing and drier air works in over the rest of the region. Lows in the middle to upper 50s north and west of the city to the lower 60s in Boston to the midle 60s toward the Cape.

Saturday - Mostly cloudy in the morning mainly over southeastern Massachusetts and especially Cape Cod with some sunshine elsewhere as some puffy afternoon clouds dot the sky. Nice dry air with highs in the upper 70s to lower 80s except closer to the middle 70s on most of Cape Cod.

Sunday - Starting mostly sunny then turning partly cloudy by midday and lots of puffy clouds with perhaps a few spotty showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s.

HotelWhiteSox
07-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I used to really like Remy but I've found the Bos crew really boring lately, it could be the accent being annoying too

kevingrt
07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Get the brooms out, we are sweeping.

I love my Kool-Aid.

Fenway
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I used to really like Remy but I've found the Bos crew really boring lately, it could be the accent being annoying too

problem in a nutshell

Orsillo is trying to sound more like Sean McDonough every day and he is no Sean.

Remy just spends too much time shilling his website
http://www.theremyreport.com/

but what is not well known is the Red sox bought the site from him this winter and now link it on their home page so he maybe forced to shill more

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/fan_forum/remy_report.jsp

stacksedwards
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
This is when we turn it around.
Vaughn gonna come out of his slump
Willie Mays Hays you know he's lurkin in the weeds
and Parkman is killing the ball.
The past two years this would have been an awsome baseball 4 day weekend. Now its just a way to pass time until Bears.

Fenway
07-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Mother Nature just said Hi......

this came out of nowhere FAST...expect a delay

http://llnw.radar.cbslocal.com/anim/wbz/radar_anim.gif

Fenway
07-19-2007, 04:09 PM
ut oh

They just ordered a TORNADO warning for Metro Boston...that never happens

Connecticut just had one (shudder )

Tornado touches down in Conn. (http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/articles/2007/07/19/tornado_touches_down_as_storms_rip_through_state)
The tornado touched down in Thomaston in the western part of the state, and the National Weather Service urged residents to find safe shelter.

Fenway
07-19-2007, 04:25 PM
JD Drew is "hurt" Boston lineup

1. Coco Crisp, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. David Ortiz, DH
4. Manny Ramirez, LF
5. Kevin Youkilis, 1B
6. Mike Lowell, 3B
7. Jason Varitek, C
8. Wily Mo Pena, RF
9. Julio Lugo, SS
-- Daisuke Matsuzaka, SP

This is a game that Boston needs badly just to quiet down the masses.

WS in 05
07-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Wasn't he hurt when they threw all that money at him:?:

Rockin Robin
07-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't think they'll get it in tonight, unfortunately.

Sucks, i'm going Sunday though.

Fenway
07-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't think they'll get it in tonight, unfortunately.

Sucks, i'm going Sunday though.

If not tonight it would have to be Friday afternoon. Saturday not an option with the 3:55 Fox slot.

Schmitz33
07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
If not tonight it would have to be Friday afternoon. Saturday not an option with the 3:55 Fox slot.

Someone please tell me they are getting this game in... We are sitting in our hotel room waiting to hear... figure it will start with a delay... We leave tomorrow morning... and of course I bought my tickets off of Stub hub! Anyone know anything?

Fenway
07-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Someone please tell me they are getting this game in... We are sitting in our hotel room waiting to hear... figure it will start with a delay... We leave tomorrow morning... and of course I bought my tickets off of Stub hub! Anyone know anything?

SIGH The radar shows big trouble in Hartford heading east. That usually means trouble.

Schmitz33
07-19-2007, 05:52 PM
SIGH The radar shows big trouble in Hartford heading east. That usually means trouble.

What is the best site to find out information on a delay or cancellation?

Rockin Robin
07-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I work downtown and the rain has held off thus far...haven't looked at the radar, though.

I'd head down to the ballpark, you never know.

Fenway
07-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Sunday morning White Sox Army is all over Cambridge and the Back Bay.

Talked to one guy in a green Paulie shirt at Starbucks who was marveling at the Sunday Globe sports section.

Showed him my Sox Pride wristband and told him the White Sox are my #2 team and was sad about yesterday.

Anyhome I hope the Chicago fans are enjoying Boston the city and I hope it is a good game today.