PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox fans feeling the heat...

Fenway
07-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Panic has really set in now. Boston is not hitting and the bottom of the rotation is falling apart. Yankees now have closed to 7 in the loss column.

Seriously Boston is showing signs of what happened in 2001 and 2006, great first halfs followed by .500 ball.

WEEI is 'bridge jumper" radio this morning. This town is nuts

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_NYY_mirror_bdd_6.14.07.jpg

palehozenychicty
07-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Panic has really set in now. Boston is not hitting and the bottom of the rotation is falling apart. Yankees now have closed to 7 in the loss column.

Seriously Boston is showing signs of what happened in 2001 and 2006, great first halfs followed by .500 ball.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_NYY_mirror_bdd_6.14.07.jpg

They'll be fine. Sawx just need to keep winning. The Yankees also haven't played any contending teams yet. We'll see how close they get in August, when they play Cleveland, Detroit et al. :rolleyes:

The Immigrant
07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
:violin:

Fenway
07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
They'll be fine. Sawx just need to keep winning. The Yankees also haven't played any contending teams yet. We'll see how close they get in August, when they play Cleveland, Detroit et al. :rolleyes:

I have been saying Boston has been doing it with mirrors the entire first half. They have come back from behind exactly ONCE all year after 8.

Manny and Ortiz are way down in production numbers, Drew is worthless, Wily Mo seems to start every at bat 0-2 and Mirabelli couldn't hit a beach ball.

Everybody knocks NYY's pitching but guess what they are #6th in the AL in era just behind Detroit.

Yankees are #3 in hitting.

162 games is a marathon....don't write NYY off just yet.

balke
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I have been saying Boston has been doing it with mirrors the entire first half. They have come back from behind exactly ONCE all year after 8.

Manny and Ortiz are way down in production numbers, Drew is worthless, Wily Mo seems to start every at bat 0-2 and Mirabelli couldn't hit a beach ball.

Everybody knocks NYY's pitching but guess what they are #6th in the AL in era just behind Detroit.

Yankees are #3 in hitting.

162 games is a marathon....don't write NYY off just yet.

I highly doubt Manny and Ortiz are going to keep quiet all season.

PKalltheway
07-18-2007, 11:52 AM

Will they quit bellyaching?! Mercy! It isn't like they're going to miss the playoffs. They're in first place, and Manny and Big Papi are just now heating up. Also, they currently have the largest lead of any division leader. If that isn't the best spot to be in right now, then I don't know what is. Honestly, the Red Sox can sandbag their way to 96 wins at this point, something that the Yankees aren't going to come anywhere close to.

Fenway
07-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Will they quit bellyaching?! Mercy! It isn't like they're going to miss the playoffs. They're in first place, and Manny and Big Papi are just now heating up. Also, they currently have the largest lead of any division leader. If that isn't the best spot to be in right now, then I don't know what is. Honestly, the Red Sox can sandbag their way to 96 wins at this point, something that the Yankees aren't going to come anywhere close to.

They have been treading water now for 6 weeks...and have lost 6 straight on the road. It might get interesting the last 10 weeks.

munchman33
07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Don't worry Fenway. They've got the White Sox next. That's three wins our pen will give to you.

Fenway
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Don't worry Fenway. They've got the White Sox next. That's three wins our pen will give to you.

The Sox will win all 4 games :gulp::tongue:

oeo
07-18-2007, 01:16 PM

And another one from Contreras.

Fenway
07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
The NY media goes nuts

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07182007/img/back071807.jpg

Yanks tied the game in the 9th on a BALK :whiner:

palehozenychicty
07-18-2007, 04:05 PM
The NY media goes nuts

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07182007/img/back071807.jpg

Yanks tied the game in the 9th on a BALK :whiner:

I saw the end of the game, and I understand why Toronto is a middling team in that division. They play a lot like the White Sox e.g. poor execution, shotty bullpen work. It was ugly.

WizardsofOzzie
07-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Is the Bronx burning yet? :tongue:

Fenway
07-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Is the Bronx burning yet? :tongue:
no but Fenway is

http://www.cityofboston.gov/fire/images/Fenway_Fire2s.jpg

Foulke You
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I think the Red Sox will be fine. I'm sure Theo will be active and add some help at the deadline as well.

Think of it like this Fenway, the Red Sox have played mediocre ball and still have an 8 game lead. One more hot streak from Boston and cold streak from NY will take the fight out of the Yanks. I'd be absolutely stunned if the Red Sox didn't win the AL East this year.

Hitmen77
07-18-2007, 09:08 PM

Time for us to trade Jose Contreras to the BoSox for Clay Buchholz.

The Immigrant
07-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Another loss to the Royals and the Yankees are winning in the 8th. Looks like they'll be only 7 games back after tonight.

Fenway
07-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Another loss to the Royals and the Yankees are winning in the 8th. Looks like they'll be only 7 games back after tonight.

6 in the loss column well Chicago next

Fenway
07-18-2007, 11:23 PM
If you want a good laugh the post game show at http://www.WEEI.com is brutal right now

harwar
07-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Realistically,since i don't see how we can really get back in this thing,I would love to see the yankees pull right up next to the red sox in the next 10 days or so.
Then let the bidding war begin for some of our very tradeable players.
I watch the red sox and yankees quite a bit and the yankees announcers are getting more and more cocky by the day(really annoying),while Orsillo and the Remy seem pretty darn stressed-out.
Even Wally is looking a bit nervous.
Maybe they should head over to Remdawg's and have a few before the broadcast.

Fenway
07-19-2007, 09:16 AM
This is no joke this city is very, very nervous.

Fans are turning on Drew now which will probably make him worse.

At the moment, however, the Red Sox need to forgive us if we have our doubts. The team that was 36-15 through 51 games is just 20-23 since. The lead in the American League East (http://news.bostonherald.com/search/?searchSite=true&keyword=American+League+East&mode=all&sorting=pubdate) is now smaller than it has been at any time since May 12. Even more disconcerting is the fact that the lead is shrinking, down to seven games from 12 just two very short weeks ago.
We all hear the footsteps.
The Yankees are coming. The Yankees are coming. The Yankees are coming

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1012205

balke
07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
If Dye could just hit the ball, the Sox would be in great shape for a trade with the Bosox. Oh well. Maybe Dye can just come back next season, and remember how to hit in the meantime.

Flight #24
07-19-2007, 12:28 PM
This is no joke this city is very, very nervous.

Fans are turning on Drew now which will probably make him worse.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1012205

Man, that's reminiscent of the Sox in '05, especially the comment about "after the hot start, they're barely .500".

The Sox can really help themselves. If Dye & Contreras can come up big in Boston and help the Yanks get a few games closer, you'd really up the heat and help get some kind of deal done. At this point, I'd take Ellsbury and an arm not named Buchholz/Lester in a heartbeat for the pair. If they want Iguchi, we can throw him in too (I like him, but I don't see him worth much by himself in trade).

Fenway
07-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Everyone leaving Feway shaking head. Dice-K became Dice-BB. Manny hits a 410 foot out. Oki gives up first homer in 3 1/2 months. Boston is in trouble.

oeo
07-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Everyone leaving Feway shaking head. Dice-K became Dice-BB. Manny hits a 410 foot out. Oki gives up first homer in 3 1/2 months. Boston is in trouble.

Paulie should have made Snyder pay in the 9th, too.

nysox35
07-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Fenway, it's nothing personal b/c I always enjoy your posts and one of my roommates is a BoSox fan (he's a CT guy), but the Yankees are my #2 team and I'm a partial season ticket holder, so I'm hoping for a good race down the stretch.

I think that the AL Central, AL East and Wild Card races are all going to turn out to be very interesting.

If only the White Sox could get back in the Mix! :smile:

Rockin Robin
07-20-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm confused at the hate on Drew. I mean, I guess I get it, he's underperforming. But Wily Mo Pena is borderline the worst hitter in major league baseball. Seriously, Rob Deer thinks this guy strikes out too much.

Fenway
07-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm confused at the hate on Drew. I mean, I guess I get it, he's underperforming. But Wily Mo Pena is borderline the worst hitter in major league baseball. Seriously, Rob Deer thinks this guy strikes out too much.

The hate?

Start with $14 million for 5 years :angry: how are they going to get rid of him?

Red Sox fans, the media were all begging Theo DON'T DO IT.

Then throw in that beloved Trot Nixon is having a decnt year in Cleveland for 1/5th the $$$$