PDA

View Full Version : Do the Sox have Worst Statistical Bullpen...EVER?

Jose.Contreras
07-16-2007, 11:50 PM
I am just curious to see if anyone here can pull up some stats from some worst bullpen's in MLB history. I'm looking for ERA, WHIP, INHERITED RUNS GIVEN UP, BLOWN LEADS, ETC.

Seriously.....do the 2007 Chicago White Sox have one of the worst bullpen's in baseball history statistically speaking? I apologize if this thread has been addressed before, but I want stats. Where do we rank in the history of the league? The Sox pen can't be the worst ever...can it?

Chicken Dinner
07-16-2007, 11:53 PM
I am just curious to see if anyone here can pull up some stats from some worst bullpen's in MLB history. I'm looking for ERA, WHIP, INHERITED RUNS GIVEN UP, BLOWN LEADS, ETC.

Seriously.....do the 2007 Chicago White Sox have one of the worst bullpen's in baseball history statistically speaking? I apologize if this thread has been addressed before, but I want stats. Where do we rank in the history of the league? The Sox pen can't be the worst ever...can it?

The Phillies have 10,000 loses......I'd probably pick them. :smile:

oeo
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM

No, because it's not even the worst this year. The Devil Rays' pen isn't so hot.

Etownsox13
07-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah the Ray's pen is terrible this year. At least we have someone who can close out ballgames. With Reyes hurt they have nobody they can rely on.

chisoxmike
07-17-2007, 12:16 AM
The worst ever...hardly. This year, maybe. They're trying to suck as much as the Devil Rays and Yankees 'pens. I would probably give it to the Devil Rays as the worst of the year, but the Sox not to far behind. :(:

oeo
07-17-2007, 04:17 AM
The worst ever...hardly. This year, maybe. They're trying to suck as much as the Devil Rays and Yankees 'pens. I would probably give it to the Devil Rays as the worst of the year, but the Sox not to far behind. :(:

Actually, the Yankees have a pretty good pen.

voodoochile
07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I knew I wouldn't have to start a new thread...

From ESPN's Sox site front page:

White Sox relievers went 3-13 with a 7.57 ERA and nine blown saves in 57 games entering Monday, putting their season ERA at 5.99, second-highest in the majors.:o::(::whiner:

Somehow I don't think last night's performance helped the ERA, but what the heck, at least they didn't add another blown save...

stl_sox_fan
07-17-2007, 09:00 AM
I knew I wouldn't have to start a new thread...

From ESPN's Sox site front page:

:o::(::whiner:

Somehow I don't think last night's performance helped the ERA, but what the heck, at least they didn't add another blown save...

Yes but did any pitchers get a Hold last night?

voodoochile
07-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Yes but did any pitchers get a Hold last night?

I don't think so. I think Logan entered the game with a 5 run lead and two men on so he couldn't earn one no matter what.

itsnotrequired
07-17-2007, 09:21 AM
I don't think so. I think Logan entered the game with a 5 run lead and two men on so he couldn't earn one no matter what.

Day was the only one to get a hold last night. Not bad for only one pitch.:tongue:

Flight #24
07-17-2007, 10:41 AM
As of this morning, the Sox bullpen is:

- 2d to last in opponents BAA with .295 (Tampa .299)
- 2d to last in ERA with 5.98 (Tampa 6.13)
- 2d to last in opponents OPS with .818 (Tampa .857)
- 4th from last in opponents SLG with .436
- 2d to last in opponents OBP with .383 (Tampa .388)
- 2d to last in WHIP with 1.74 (Tampa 1.77)
- Tied for 2d in blown saves with 15 (Colorado 18)
- 3d in wild pitches (19)
- 3d in SB allowed with (22)

Or to put it more concisely, BAD. VERY VERY VERY BAD.

Basically, our bullpen stats would make for a very nice offensive player: .295 BA, .383OBP. That might actually be our best hitter.:(:

TDog
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Day was the only one to get a hold last night. Not bad for only one pitch.:tongue:

The hold is an unofficial stat, so it's a small achievement anyway.

Hitmen77
07-17-2007, 01:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken, everyone in the bullpen except Jenks and Thornton has been demoted to AAA at least once this year.

Foulke You
07-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Does anyone have the stats of inherited runners scored for our bullpen? I'm pretty sure that has to be among the worst in MLB.

lostfan
07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I've pretty much started accepting that inherited runners are going to score regardless of which base they're on. It almost looks like they're filling an obligation when they do it.

Chicken Dinner
07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I've pretty much started accepting that inherited runners are going to score regardless of which base they're on. It almost looks like they're filling an obligation when they do it.

Especially when they're walks or HBP.