PDA

View Full Version : *Official* A Very Scary WIN!!! 7/16/2007 Postgame Thread

MCHSoxFan
07-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah Sox WIN, but, well you know. I DO NOT think I have to give an explanation or even talk about it all.

I GOT REAL SCARED!!! :angry::angry::angry:

stl_sox_fan
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
And that.....is a White Sox winner?

Brian26
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
I love it when Ozzie wears the long sleeve windbreaker when it's 95 degrees out.

bryPt
07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
how much longer before this team kills the entire bullpen?

Patrick134
Gigantic win to start off a big stretch of divisional games. Just huge , huge huge win there. Monumental. Here come the Sox !!!!!!

SouthSideSoxFan
[GASP!]

Ok, I can breathe now.

Brian26
Gigantic win to start off a big stretch of divisional games. Just huge , huge huge win there. Monumental. Here come the Sox !!!!!!

Crank up the machine. Don't stop believing.

oeo
07-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Whew...they don't come easy anymore, do they? :(:

Oh well, still a W.

But it does make you wonder if we could make a run at this thing with a bullpen. Now that the O is coming around, they don't look half bad...until the starter comes out.

Lip Man 1
07-16-2007, 10:45 PM
The White Sox bullpen..."it's not just a job...it's an adventure!"

Lip

BringBackBlkJack
07-16-2007, 10:46 PM
I've personally had enough of this "no-doubles" outfield garbage. It seems as if every time its put on, someone bloops one in easy range of someone who is playing straight up, but well out of the reach of someone 5 steps from the track. Also, AJ could probably use some practice throwing out batters. The Jndians announcers pointed out that he hasn't thrown out a batter since June 9th. Pathetic.

Aside from that, thank god Jenks rebounded from his blown save and held on for the win.

A. Cavatica
07-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Now that's what I call a statement game!

Oldschoolsoxguy
07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
When does a win feel like a loss...yeah,i know what the score
says but jeezus h,we're up by nine and we need Jenks to close.
Bull****.Kenny,you need to send about 3 of those stiffs down
right now.Call up 3 kids from single A for chrissakes,it doesn't
matter.They wouldn't do any worse.

Tragg
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Mack is heating up. He has some value as a bench bat; although, given this organization's love for utility players, we might want to keep him as we could do worse.

2 more hits for Dye; another hit for Uribe.

Disappointing outing for Bukholz

MUsoxfan
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
My dad and I were talking after the 9 run inning about how there needs to be about 5 more runs to be safe. It's just a sad state of affairs this year

Law11
07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I just walked in did I hear we almost blew this? Shocker..

Chicken Dinner
07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I think this one hangs on Kenny. 108+ million dollar payroll for the team and the pen gets about 4.1. You get what you pay for and Kenny spent his money elseware.:mad:

Dan Mega
07-16-2007, 10:54 PM
My heart is finally slowing down. Sheesh. A win is a win :bandance:

Patrick134
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
I think this one hangs on Kenny. 108+ million dollar payroll for the team and the pen gets about 4.1. You get what you pay for and Kenny spent his money elseware.:mad:

Middle relief isnt something that throwing money at helps. The 2005 sox got stellar seasons from cotts and politte, and they weren't big money guys.

UserNameBlank
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM

Lip
I like this one!

thomas35forever
07-16-2007, 10:56 PM
I know it wasn't the best win of the season, but I don't know how much more I'll be able to do this this season:
:winner

:indianslose

oeo

And if it wasn't the bullpen, it would be something else. Keep in mind that one of our SP was likely to go to get a couple of high-priced relievers. Then our SP isn't as good.

And BTW, the O's spent money on their bullpen and it isn't very good either. Bullpens are a mystery.

LongLiveFisk
how much longer before this team kills the entire bullpen?

Soon hopefully. I mean, how can you be awful every single friggin' time you go out there? I thought even a blind squirrel was supposed to find a nut once in a while. :dunno:

UserNameBlank
07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
When does a win feel like a loss...yeah,i know what the score
says but jeezus h,we're up by nine and we need Jenks to close.
Bull****.Kenny,you need to send about 3 of those stiffs down
right now.Call up 3 kids from single A for chrissakes,it doesn't
matter.They wouldn't do any worse.
Agreed.

DFA Bukvich. Who gives a ****. I WANT WASSERMANN UP HERE!!! We call up Prinz, we call up Suckvich, call up my damn boy Ehren!!!

EDIT: Send down Massett and put him in the rotation at Charlotte. Call up anyone. I don't care anymore. Call up anyone. Just get Bukvich and Massett out of here!!! NOW!!!!!!

Grzegorz
Embarrassing; I don't care where you get the arms for middle relief: A, AA, or AAA just get them!

KW: trade those assets that can be traded. Stock the farm system the best you can, and give them hell...

Bulls_Fan
This feels like a loss to me. Up 11-2 and squeak out a win w/ the tying run on 2nd base.

We better make some changes for this ballclub.

Patrick134
07-16-2007, 10:58 PM
This feels like a loss to me. Up 11-2 and squeak out a win w/ the tying run on 2nd base.

We better make some changes for this ballclub.

A win is a win is a win. They don't get graded by how pretty they are. Go sox !

MCHSoxFan
07-16-2007, 10:58 PM
My dad and I were talking after the 9 run inning about how there needs to be about 5 more runs to be safe. It's just a sad state of affairs this year

I mean, it's CRAZY. We have to score at least 10 every game just to have a chance to win!!! C'MON!! C'MON!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Chicken Dinner
07-16-2007, 10:59 PM
And if it wasn't the bullpen, it would be something else. Keep in mind that one of our SP was likely to go to get a couple of high-priced relievers. Then our SP isn't as good.

And BTW, the O's spent money on their bullpen and it isn't very good either. Bullpens are a mystery.

It's called balance and we don't have it. Ozzie had to go through 6 pitchers to save a 6 run lead. Somethings wrong here.

HotelWhiteSox
07-16-2007, 10:59 PM
At this point of the season, does anyone really give a **** about how close it was or that the pen almost gave it up? Just happy to get as many wins as possible and try to save some face, and have the trade bait warming up at the same time

itsnotrequired
07-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah Sox WIN, but, well you know. I DO NOT think I have to give an explanation or even talk about it all.

At least you got the date right in the thread title.

:redneck

UserNameBlank
07-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Middle relief isnt something that throwing money at helps. The 2005 sox got stellar seasons from cotts and politte, and they weren't big money guys.
Very true. A lot of teams are paying for throwing money at relievers. We just need someone who can get outs. My God, the opposition has to be hitting like .800 against our pen. It's mind blowing, really. I have never, ever, ever seen a bullpen suck this bad for this long and be this damn predictable. Normally when you get a nine run lead the game is over, no matter who you are. With this team it's like "how are we going to lose this one?"

PorkChopExpress
07-16-2007, 11:03 PM
A win is a win is a win. They don't get graded by how pretty they are. Go sox !

But an 11-2 whooping can demoralize the opponent for the next couple of games, whereas an almost blown 9 run lead can give the opponent momentum going into the next couple of games.

Oh well, let's hope that's not the case and the Sox keep winning.

Grzegorz
07-16-2007, 11:04 PM
At this point of the season, does anyone really give a **** about how close it was or that the pen almost gave it up? Just happy to get as many wins as possible and try to save some face, and have the trade bait warming up at the same time

I care; I want to see some improvement.

This to be embarrassing to the players, fans, and management.

Patrick134
07-16-2007, 11:04 PM
But an 11-2 whooping can demoralize the opponent for the next couple of games, whereas an almost blown 9 run lead can give the opponent momentum going into the next couple of games.

The Indians have a great lineup. No lead is safe. The tribe knows they can hit.

oeo
07-16-2007, 11:06 PM

If we had Contreras going tomorrow, I'd be worried. But with Garland, we can take that momentum right back, and carry it into Wednesday.

Chicken Dinner

I think anyone can hit off our pen, even the Orioles. It's bloody BP out there.

Grzegorz

I don't care how good their lineup happens to be. Almost blowing a nine run league, mind you this type of poor performance by the pen has occurred all year, is an embarrassment.

Tragg
07-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I'd like to see Danks hang in a little longer. I certainly don't want to abuse starters (or any pitcher) with the season lost, but he can do better.

We have better pitchers than Buckoholz in the minors. And pitchers with potential. He's like ric white.

Masset needs to throw strikes...probably could use some Charlotte seasoning.
I don't see how he's any worse than the rest of them. They let him "take one for the team" against Minny which killed his stats; otherwise, he's given up a run every other game or so, no worse than anyone else.

Day - I don't know.

Logan's a situation lefty, or I thought he was; we've used him 3 days in a row, 4 of the 5 since the all star break and he's given up runs in 2 of those games.

I would hope that at least by August, we use the pen (and the other positions) to develop young talent.

PorkChopExpress

Exactly why an 11-2 win could be demoralizing.

But you're right, that lineup is tough. And that reliever in the 9th looked pretty nice for them tonight. I hope our guys were watching how it is done. Strikes, strikes and more strikes.

MCHSoxFan

Hey, I would trade getting the date correct in the postgame thread title for a White Sox WINNER!!! :D:

BadBobbyJenks
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Got to love the continued improvement of this bullpen, way to hold that lead!

Patrick134
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
I don't care how good their lineup happens to be. Almost blowing a nine run league, mind you this type of poor performance by the pen has occurred all year, is an embarrassment.

If anything, 2 of the tribes best pitchers allowing a 9 run inning to an offense with the success rate of this years Sox lineup should be doubly embarassing.

soxfanreggie
07-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Giving up a lead like that forces us to keep guys in there or play guys that could be resting. If we can keep a starter our there or throw only one or two pen guys can help us immensely, rather than having to warm up pitchers because a reliever gives up a lot of runs. People are right when they say a win is a win, but I'd RATHER have a win where we can rest some guys than a game like tonight.

Tragg
Very true. A lot of teams are paying for throwing money at relievers.

I agree in principle.
But I think we pay Cintron more than any single reliever, so perhaps we could spend a little more money there (or a little less on utility infielders).

UserNameBlank

Agreed.

Our relievers might as well be wearing Cleveland Indians party hats and singing birthday songs out there in the bullpen. Then when called upon they could bring a bigass birthday cake out to the opposing dugout so that way the Indians or whoever else can have something to eat in case they get hungry while bashing our pitching around like a ****in' pinata.

Our pen = joke.

Patrick134
Giving up a lead like that forces us to keep guys in there or play guys that could be resting. If we can keep a starter our there or throw only one or two pen guys can help us immensely, rather than having to warm up pitchers because a reliever gives up a lot of runs.

The lineup has been resting out there for a month, don't feel too bad for them.

UserNameBlank
07-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I agree in principle.
But I think we pay Cintron more than any single reliever, so perhaps we could spend a little more money there (or a little less on utility infielders).
We could, but it still wouldn't mean we'd get a good reliever with our money. Just as a quick example, lots of people here were clamoring for Scott Eyre before he signed with the Cubs. That's not working out very well for them right now.

But anyway, no matter how you slice it, no matter much money you do or do not spend, no bullpen should be this pathetic. It's unbelievable how bad this pen is. It's a bad dream in the middle of a nightmare.

The Immigrant
07-16-2007, 11:16 PM
I would hope that at least by August, we use the pen (and the other positions) to develop young talent.

Egbert, Wasserman and Russell should each get a shot at bullpen jobs after 7/31. They can do worse than Bukvich, Day and Masset.

GlassSox
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Soon hopefully. I mean, how can you be awful every single friggin' time you go out there? I thought even a blind squirrel was supposed to find a nut once in a while. :dunno:

Amen, well said. :?:

Hitmen77
07-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Not only is the bullpen crappy, but the defense sucks too. 5 R, only 2 earned? How many errors does Uribe have this year? Is it me, or has his defense really tanked this year.

On the plus side, Jerry Owens is actually starting to hit the ball. Is this just a little streak on his part, or do folks here think he can actually make it in the big leagues?

UserNameBlank
07-16-2007, 11:22 PM
On the plus side, Jerry Owens is actually starting to hit the ball. Is this just a little streak on his part, or do folks here think he can actually make it in the big leagues?
It doesn't matter. Grinderpodstadsendik is coming up. Owens = bye bye soon enough.

SluggersAway
07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
A win is not a win. I guarantee no one on the team is happy about what happened tonight and that counts for something. It just further deflates the team and you can see it from Ozzie laying back in his chair, not contesting questionable calls, and playing it cool. This results in the players playing without any passion, heart, or enthusiasm with the knowledge the bullpen will give up any lead they can muster.

Say what you want about Carl Everett, but he did light a fire under the asses of his teammates.

Chicken Dinner
07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
And don't forget about that cheap catch that Grady made! :o:

StillMissOzzie
07-16-2007, 11:26 PM
A win is a win, but Jesus H. Christ, it's NEVER ****in' easy anymore!

SMO
:(::o::gulp:

DickAllen72
07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Say what you want about Carl Everett, but he did light a fire under the asses of his teammates.
I luv Carl Everett! :gulp:

Anyway, just enjoy the win. :bandance: Let's hope they win again tomorrow! :gulp:

kitekrazy
07-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Not only is the bullpen crappy, but the defense sucks too. 5 R, only 2 earned? How many errors does Uribe have this year? Is it me, or has his defense really tanked this year.

I thought the left side of the infield was going to choke the game away again. Good D helps a pen a lot. When simple plays aren't made it's more difficult for a reliever.
Why was Dye so deep on that one hit?

The way the pen it's almost like the Sox are throwing games.

Let's not forget:

A great outing by Danks.
Jenks coming back are a blown save.
Paulie's D in the 9th.
Great day for Owens.

Tragg
07-16-2007, 11:33 PM
We could, but it still wouldn't mean we'd get a good reliever with our money. Just as a quick example, lots of people here were clamoring for Scott Eyre before he signed with the Cubs. That's not working out very well for them right now.

Those guys got $5 mill; I'm thinking $2 mill. Anyway, I agree with you in general.
And please tell me you're joking about Erstad coming back and crowding out the young players. That's obscene.

It's Dankerific
07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
I'd like to see Danks hang in a little longer. I certainly don't want to abuse starters (or any pitcher) with the season lost, but he can do better.

Danks obviously got tired/stiffened up during the offensive barrage of the 6th. Not a bad problem to have, but even the cleveland announcers were talking about how he was out of gas and they showed he was at 100 pitches.

Fungo
07-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Masset sent down per Rongey on the post game. No corresponding move announced.

UserNameBlank
07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Those guys got $5 mill; I'm thinking $2 mill. Anyway, I agree with you in general.
And please tell me you're joking about Erstad coming back and crowding out the young players. That's obscene.
About Erstadnik coming back, I don't want to see that at all. NO WAY. But, they've been talking about them coming back and something tells me - history, actually - that Ozzie will play them as starters when they return.

NoNeckEra
07-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Anyway, just enjoy the win. :bandance:
Sorry, not going to happen. We get humiliated and embarrassed even when we win.

And nobody's mentioned this yet, but Ozzie totally over-managed this one by removing Thornton in the middle of the 8th for Pukevich.

You don't have to go hitter by hitter when you lead by 5 runs. Just stay with the luke warm hand.

sox1970
07-16-2007, 11:39 PM

I hope they surprise me, and it's Egbert.

Chicken Dinner

I'm glad someone is seeing what I'm seeing.

oeo

Fire is not the problem. You could make that excuse a few weeks ago when they were dead, but look at those guys and tell me they're not trying to win?

The problem is the bullpen. We never would have gone on that 5-22 stretch with a good bullpen...we'd likely be within striking distance of the division with a good bullpen. Enough with the lack of passion crap...they're playing hurt, they've put in extra time, they still haven't given up; they're passionate.

Tragg
07-16-2007, 11:43 PM
But, they've been talking about them coming back and something tells me - history, actually - that Ozzie will play them as starters when they return.
They need to be traded.
There is nothing to be gained to playing Ozzie's hackers.

SoxSpeed22
Masset sent down per Rongey on the post game. No corresponding move announced.Maybe after Contreras gets traded he can come back up. He's definitely better as a starter.

Chicken Dinner
Ozzie laying back in his chair, not contesting questionable calls, and playing it cool.

I just think he was tired from all those mound visits. :D:

SluggersAway
07-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Fire is not the problem...they're passionate.

Have you been watching the same games as I have? The same defensive lapses? The same lack of discipline at the plate? The same faces of dejected players even when they win? The same face of a manager who looks like he really could not care less?

sox1970
07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Maybe after Contreras gets traded Masset can come back up. He's definitely better as a starter.

If he's going to be converted to a starter, he might as well stay down the rest of the season. If the Sox trade a starter, Floyd is the first one up; Egbert is probably second in line.

oeo
07-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Have you been watching the same games as I have? The same defensive lapses? The same lack of discipline at the plate? The same faces of dejected players even when they win? The same face of a manager who looks like he really could not care less?

I guess I haven't been watching the same games as you. Are you sure you're not a few weeks behind in the season?

How you could bring the offense into the conversation, I don't know. They've been patient, they've been hitting. Dejected faces? Every time I see Ozzie, he still has that same silly grin on his face. He gets nervous late, but even when they win a close one (like tonight), I still see the coaches hugging and smiling. I have no idea where you're getting the Ozzie could not care less from...

Chicken Dinner
07-16-2007, 11:52 PM
I guess I haven't been watching the same games as you. Are you sure you're not a few weeks behind in the season?

How you could bring the offense into the conversation, I don't know. They've been patient, they've been hitting. Dejected faces? Every time I see Ozzie, he still has that same silly grin on his face. He gets nervous late, but even when they win a close one (like tonight), I still see the coaches hugging and smiling. I have no idea where you're getting the Ozzie could not care less from...

I bet he had a grin on his face when he told Masset to pack his ****!! :D:

SluggersAway
07-16-2007, 11:53 PM
I have no idea where you're getting the Ozzie could not care less from...

It is illustrative when you watch the opposing team's feed sometimes, they show you things Comcast would never dare.

Norberto7
07-17-2007, 12:17 AM

Kudos on the recap. Great pics, I felt as if I was there.

ode to veeck
07-17-2007, 12:23 AM

Lip

LOL, ain't it da truth!

kitekrazy
07-17-2007, 12:42 AM
And nobody's mentioned this yet, but Ozzie totally over-managed this one by removing Thornton in the middle of the 8th for Pukevich.

You don't have to go hitter by hitter when you lead by 5 runs. Just stay with the luke warm hand.

This is the Sox bullpen we are talking about. There is no such thing as a right move with middle relief-just lucky ones. When you have maybe 2-3 guys that even resemble the word "consistent" you don't want to wear them out.

letsgosox1592
07-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Hey is Dusting Hermanson available to pick up?!?!?!?

:dustin:

RowanDye
07-17-2007, 01:19 AM
I decided from now on, games only last as long as our starting pitcher.

If the rest of the team is going to turn it off after that, then so can I.

JB98
07-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Look at the two wins on this trip so far:

1. We took a 9-2 lead into the ninth, and we ended up bringing in Jenks because the tying run was at the plate.

2. We had an 11-2 lead in the sixth, but Jenks ended up recording the final out with the tying run in scoring position.

What a mess! I'm glad this bullpen is KW's problem and not mine.

Good offense tonight. Let's win at least one of the next two, and take a series from a Cleveland team that is 33-14 at home.

Vernam
07-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Strange game tonight at the Jake. We wore full Sox regalia and didn't take much grief -- WS05 championship gear doesn't get much of a rise when you're 13 games back. After the big inning and with the 11-2 lead, a guy across the aisle asked whether our bullpen is any good. "Just watch," I said. I think the fans nearby thought we were only being polite when we told them to stick around. Hafner's single to make it 11-10 turned them into believers. But then Bobby sent 'em home less than happy.

An older usher lady asked if Ozzie always micromanages the 'pen like that, and I told her he doesn't have much choice. But I wished he had just left Masset in or let Haeger eat a few innings. The inevitable parade of lefty/righty matchups has become achingly familiar.

Best moment was when my daughter -- in "Mrs. Konerko" t-shirt -- cheered wildly as PK rounded third on his HR. I patted her on the head and eased her back into her seat, which got a laugh from the Indians fans. :wink: And which sort of inoculated us against potential taunting when our lead evaporated.

Great park, great night, a typically unsatisfying win for the '07 Sox. Nice to see Owens being so aggressive. Erstad might eat his own guts and ask for seconds, but I want to see Jerry in CF the rest of this year.

Oh, and fab catch by Sizemore, but the lazy-ass 2B and 3B umps never took a step away from the infield to make the call. For all they could see, he played a carom off the wall.

Vernam

ilsox7
07-17-2007, 02:10 AM
For all they could see, he played a carom off the wall.

Vernam

That's exactly what happened.

SluggersAway
07-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Sizemore's ball did hit off the wall. Oh well.

TDog
07-17-2007, 02:57 AM
I had a class tonight and missed the game, but I'm sure seeing the bullpen fail before getting the game to Bobby Jenks for the save would have given me more pleasure than Saturday night in Baltimore when the relievers held the Orioles scoreless until Jenks lost the lead in the ninth.

Viva Medias B's
07-17-2007, 09:13 AM
CLEVELAND - As the dateline of this post suggests, I was at the game here last night. When Uribe booted that ball in the 8th inning, I was convinced that we were going to lose. There were many Sox fans at Jacobs Field last night, and many of us came out of the victory almost feeling like it was a loss. Granted, that may be very dark cloudish. However, giving up eight unanswered runs (and Cleveland being in a position to win the game) after being up 11-2 creates a sinking feeling.

Hopefully, Garland has it tonight.

Railsplitter
07-17-2007, 09:16 AM
It's a win, but I think we need a still picture of a banana for these kind of wins.
Oh well. a win is a win.:bandance:

Frontman
07-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear that the Sox won. Granted, the threw away a huge lead.....AGAIN!

Sad thing is, once the parade of 'pen pitchers starts, I turn the game off. Its become un-viewable.

Jerko
07-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Did we at least set a record for most pitchers used by a team who was up by 9 in the 6th inning or later?

MisterB
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
It's a win, but I think we need a still picture of a banana for these kind of wins.

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/173.jpg

Lip Man 1
07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I found two comments in Joe Cowley's article very interesting this morning.

If true, it's the first indication that the morale of the club may be fracturing and that the vets are starting to turn (rightfully so in my opinion) against the bullpen pitchers.

''It gets to the point where you just laugh,'' said starting pitcher Mark Buehrle, who was charting the game from the dugout. ''Obviously, guys aren't getting it done. Knowing Kenny, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole bullpen goes. They need to ship some guys out soon.''

''My position players are even asking questions now, like, 'What's going on here?' I know I'm not going to bring [closer] Bobby Jenks into the eighth inning anymore. I don't care if we lose another 50 games, I'm not. I'm not going to use this kid to save the bullpen.'' --Ozzie Guillen

When was the last time you heard a vet openly call out for some of his teammates to get demoted? I mean Mark has never done something like this. I realize it's not fair, the bullpen guys are trying to get guys out, but who else are the vets going to go after? I mean it's not like they are going to talk about the organization.

Like it or not, Kenny has to fix this issue before next season and it's probably going to have to come via trade since as JB posted there's not a lot out there in the free agent market (although that can always change after guys are non tendered and so forth...)

Lip

BadBobbyJenks
07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I found two comments in Joe Cowley's article very interesting this morning.

If true, it's the first indication that the morale of the club may be fracturing and that the vets are starting to turn (rightfully so in my opinion) against the bullpen pitchers.

''It gets to the point where you just laugh,'' said starting pitcher Mark Buehrle, who was charting the game from the dugout. ''Obviously, guys aren't getting it done. Knowing Kenny, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole bullpen goes. They need to ship some guys out soon.''

''My position players are even asking questions now, like, 'What's going on here?' I know I'm not going to bring [closer] Bobby Jenks into the eighth inning anymore. I don't care if we lose another 50 games, I'm not. I'm not going to use this kid to save the bullpen.'' --Ozzie Guillen

When was the last time you heard a vet openly call out for some of his teammates to get demoted? I mean Mark has never done something like this. I realize it's not fair, the bullpen guys are trying to get guys out, but who else are the vets going to go after? I mean it's not like they are going to talk about the organization.

Like it or not, Kenny has to fix this issue before next season and it's probably going to have to come via trade since as JB posted there's not a lot out there in the free agent market (although that can always change after guys are non tendered and so forth...)

Lip

What should mark say, hang in there guys we know you are trying?

Get the ****ing job done its embarassing

UserNameBlank
07-17-2007, 09:03 PM

And yet another reason to love Mark Buehrle. He's honest.

I wonder if the veteran Sox players are taking bets on how many runs their bullpen "buddies" will give up?

UserNameBlank
07-17-2007, 09:05 PM
What should mark say, hang in there guys we know you are trying?

Get the ****ing job done its embarassing
I agree. I feel bad for Jenks because he has to sit out there in the pen and marinate in every one else's suck juice.

Frontman
07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I decided from now on, games only last as long as our starting pitcher.

If the rest of the team is going to turn it off after that, then so can I.

Well, or until the SP can pass it off to Bobby. Then at least we still have a shot, provided it isn't a one run lead.

BoysMom3
07-17-2007, 10:55 PM

Me too!! :(::?::o::angry: