PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone, from a New Member - Diehard

ChiMan921
07-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop a quick hello. I ran across this site by accident, what a find!:smile:

I am a diehard Sox fan, grew up on Diversey and Cicero ( Cub Territory ), but I was always a Sox fan. my old man grew up in Rogers Park (REAL Cubs Territory ), and he was a diehard Sox fan. It was no fun kicking all those Cubs fans a**es all the time. :D::club::booty::nod::rolling:

Anyway, I'm now in Boston, have been for awhile, and I am, always have been and always will be a White Sox fan!! We're down right now, but things will get better. I believe in this organization. Unfortunately, the Sox "got old" all at once, but we shall return!

Nice to be part of a great Site! Go Sox! :)

Chrisaway
07-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Welcome aboard

IlliniSox4Life
07-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Welcome aboard. Say goodbye to your free time.

tebman
07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
So true!

:welcome:

Hang in there! The White Sox are way down, but they've been down before.

Try searching the site and get familiar with fenway, a frequent poster here who also lives in Boston and is a Sox fan -- both White and Red.

DumpJerry
07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Welcome form the Moderator staff. We're glad you found us, hope the "accident" wasn't too serious.:cool:

One thing I need to point out from your post is that we have a language filter. Just type whatever words you want to type, do not self-censor your typing. If the word you're typing needs to get filtered, it will. If the word is acceptable, it will not get filtered.

Thank you, you're among friends here!

LITTLE NELL
07-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Welcome, I also grew up in Rogers Park in the 50s and 60s. Seemed back then that the Sox fans outnumbered Cub fans. Sox also outdrew Cubs every year from 51 to 68. It must be tough living in Boston. Red Sox fans can be very obnoxious at times. We have a ton of them down here in SW Florida since the Bosox have spring training in Ft Myers.

MarySwiss
07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome! Although I was originally from Bridgeport, I spent a lot of time later on in Rogers Park (Estes and Wolcott) and Dunning (Belmont and Narragansett). You are, as Dump said, among friends!

GlassSox
07-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Welcome and keep the faith.

TornLabrum
07-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Welcome form the Moderator staff. We're glad you found us, hope the "accident" wasn't too serious.:cool:

One thing I need to point out from your post is that we have a language filter. Just type whatever words you want to type, do not self-censor your typing. If the word you're typing needs to get filtered, it will. If the word is acceptable, it will not get filtered.

Thank you, you're among friends here!

To be more specific, language filter evastion is a bannable offense.

Now that that's out of the way, welcome aboard!

ChiMan921
07-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Now that I've sent two more self filtered repleis, I stand corrected!
Don't want to get banished on my second day! :redface: No more *******, promise.

Wish I could say the same about the relief staff!

DumpJerry
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Wish I could say the same about the relief staff!
With the exception of Jenks, they have been perma-banned.

esbrechtel
07-18-2007, 01:14 AM
:welcome:

cheezheadsoxfan
07-18-2007, 08:45 AM

Also part of your work day is you are in front of a computer with a little privacy.:rolleyes:

Welcome!

Frontman
07-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome aboard. Things can fire up with intensity on this board, but the best thing about that?

We're all Sox fans.

:D:

See you around.