PDA

View Full Version : Andy Gonzalez at SS why not...

Grzegorz
07-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Why not give him some starts at the position to see how he performs? Uribe gets some time to think, and Gonzalez auditions for the position he is probably most familiar with playing.

dickallen15
07-16-2007, 10:27 AM
No matter how Hawk and DJ try to play him up, Andy Gonzalez is not any good. If he's your starting SS, your battle for the season is to remain out of last place.

spiffie
07-16-2007, 10:33 AM
No matter how Hawk and DJ try to play him up, Andy Gonzalez is not any good. If he's your starting SS, your battle for the season is to remain out of last place.
That's different than our current battle now?

The Immigrant
07-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Andy Gonzales is a homeless man's Pablo Ozuna.

veeter
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
No matter how Hawk and DJ try to play him up, Andy Gonzalez is not any good. If he's your starting SS, your battle for the season is to remain out of last place.While I firmly agree Andy should not be our starting shortstop, he's far from "not any good". He actually belongs in the NL, but he could be a very good utility player for the Sox, IMO. He has a very quick bat and holds his own defensively in the infield and outfield. Put it this way, he's light years better than Cintron. That guy is the one who's no good.

dickallen15
07-16-2007, 12:45 PM
While I firmly agree Andy should not be our starting shortstop, he's far from "not any good". He actually belongs in the NL, but he could be a very good utility player for the Sox, IMO. He has a very quick bat and holds his own defensively in the infield and outfield. Put it this way, he's light years better than Cintron. That guy is the one who's no good.
He had one game where he had 4 hits, and one when he had 3. Other than those 2 games, Andy is hitting a whopping .160. No way better than Cintron. To make matters worse, Ozzie insists on hitting him at the top of the line-up. There are a few teams in the NL with better 9th place hitters. Yes, pitchers hit better than Andy Gonzalez.

veeter
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
He had one game where he had 4 hits, and one when he had 3. Other than those 2 games, Andy is hitting a whopping .160. No way better than Cintron. To make matters worse, Ozzie insists on hitting him at the top of the line-up. There are a few teams in the NL with better 9th place hitters. Yes, pitchers hit better than Andy Gonzalez.Well, you can't take away those seven hits just because he got them in only two games. But to be honest, I don't give a **** about either Cintron or Gonzalez, so I'm not going to quibble. But pitchers hit better than Andy? C'mon.

JB98
07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Why not give him some starts at the position to see how he performs? Uribe gets some time to think, and Gonzalez auditions for the position he is probably most familiar with playing.

Because the decision-makers in our organization have seen him play many games at SS in the minor leagues, and they have determined that he is not good enough defensively to handle the position everyday for a MLB team.

We need to go outside the organization for a SS.

Tragg
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
What's the point of playing him in the outfield though? He certainly doesn't hit well enough to hold down an outfield spot. And I read Ozzie wants him to play first in winter ball. "Mercy"
As for utility player...we have like 5 or 6 of them on the roster right now (although I would hope he makes less than the 1.9 million that cintron gets for playing incredibly poorly). Play him at SS and see waht he can do.