PDA

View Full Version : Nice comment about the Sox from the enemy

DumpJerry
07-14-2007, 12:09 AM
I was in Cleveland on Friday for some family stuff and my brother had the Tribe pre-game show on the radio as he drove me to the airport. The analysts were talking about how the Tribe is in a good position to advance in the AL Central right now because of several upcoming series with below .500 clubs. They said those sub-.500 teams were "the Rangers, Royals and White Sox." The other analyst then said "it's hard to call the White Sox are a sub-.500 team."

It felt good to get some props from the guy. He still thinks we're a force to be reckoned with.:D:

ChiSoxGirl
07-14-2007, 12:12 AM
I was in Cleveland on Friday for some family stuff and my brother had the Tribe pre-game show on the radio as he drove me to the airport. The analysts were talking about how the Tribe is in a good position to advance in the AL Central right now because of several upcoming series with below .500 clubs. They said those sub-.500 teams were "the Rangers, Royals and White Sox." The other analyst then said "it's hard to call the White Sox are a sub-.500 team."

It felt good to get some props from the guy. He still thinks we're a force to be reckoned with.:D:

Now, if only we can go out and prove it....

chisoxfanatic
07-14-2007, 12:41 AM
"it's hard to call the White Sox are a sub-.500 team."

I don't think he's thinking we're a force to be reckoned with. Instead, I think what he's saying there is that the Sox have been so good for so long that it's hard to believe that they're a sub .500 team. Seriously, with THAT bullpen, how could anyone above .500 think we were still a force to deal with?

DumpJerry
07-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't think he's thinking we're a force to be reckoned with. Instead, I think what he's saying there is that the Sox have been so good for so long that it's hard to believe that they're a sub .500 team. Seriously, with THAT bullpen, how could anyone above .500 think we were still a force to deal with?
His comment was that he does not consider us to be a sub .500 team and cannot be taken lightly.

downstairs
07-14-2007, 12:27 PM

he said "hard to call" not "hard to believe".

I do believe we're going to go on a tear anytime soon, we should be a good team. But its too late now for it to mean anything. We're not getting to the playoffs, and are basically shooting to save face with an over-500 record.

Chez
07-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Every time I listen to them, the Tribe's radio team has been incredibly flattering of the Sox.

Brian26
07-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Every time I listen to them, the Tribe's radio team has been incredibly flattering of the Sox.

As they should be. That last series of the '05 season is probably still fresh in their minds.

Brian26
07-15-2007, 11:54 AM
he said "hard to call" not "hard to believe".

Exactly. Big difference.