PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* It's Groundhog Day postgame thread

JB98
07-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Buehrle pitches a complete game, gives up two solo HRs and loses 2-0.

Have I seen this somewhere before?

Soxworldchamps
07-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I know, it's like deja vu all over again.

lostfan
07-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Bedard's curveball was filthy.

SOXandILLINI
07-13-2007, 09:22 PM
I just hope we don't have to see more, we're gonna make a run threads, every time we win a game, get a grip people, for your own sanity.

WhiteSox5187
07-13-2007, 09:23 PM
The strike zone today was silly. And JD just looks lost up there. His time on the southside is rapidly drawing to a close. But I don't know anyone who would take him.

Grzegorz
07-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Some observations:

Dye swinging at the first pitch after the lead-off double by Konerko hurt.

This team is too slow; Thome not scoring hurt.

The outfield is killing the Chicago White Sox; no production at all.

Buehrle competes; that is a given.

Tragg
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Can we call up the real prospects and see what they've got? Torrero, Owens, Gonzalez. Mack- I know Ozzie likes them, but they aren't starting major league ballplayers and likely won't be (oh I guess Owens could be if he'd take a pitch now and then).
It's time to get serious and get something of value out of this season.

JB98
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
The strike zone today was silly. And JD just looks lost up there. His time on the southside is rapidly drawing to a close. But I don't know anyone who would take him.

He killed us today.

Fifth inning: Comes up with Konerko on second and no outs. Fails to get runner over.

Seventh inning: Comes up with runners on second and third with one out. Strikes out on a pitch right down the middle.

Ninth inning: Comes up with runners on first and second with one out. Swings at a horrible pitch and strikes out.

A base hit in ANY of those situations, and this is a different game. Hell, just making contact in that seventh inning would have meant a run.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-13-2007, 09:27 PM

Everybody goes through slumps, but for a World Series MVP to look this bad this long . . . <sigh>

Grzegorz
07-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Can we call up the real prospects and see what they've got?
It's time to get serious and get something of value out of this season.

Absolutely call up the prospects. What is there to lose?

JB98
07-13-2007, 09:28 PM

Gotta trade some veterans and open roster spots before they can do that.

SOXandILLINI
07-13-2007, 09:29 PM

Alot more games, but we're gonna lose those regardless, so, might as well see what we have. I just afraid it isn't much.

Grzegorz

Not really, there are spots open in the outfield.

_______________________________i'm speechless...

WhiteSox5187
07-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Everybody goes through slumps, but for a World Series MVP to look this bad this long . . . <sigh>
He hasn't looked good ONCE all season. He's had a couple of games but there has not been a point where JD has looked good for like, four games in a row. It's silly. This is more than just a slump. Either he's hurting or he got REAL old REAL quick. Those are the only two explanations I have...or he's going through a season like Konerko did in '03.

BainesHOF
Dye's "performance" was one of the worst I've seen from a Sox hitter in a very long time.

Tragg
Or send Ozzie's utility players down and call the real prospects up, while waiting for those spots to open.

JB98
07-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Not really, there are spots open in the outfield.

Owens and Gonzalez are already sharing one spot. Once we find a taker for Dye, I'm sure Sweeney will be up.

WhiteSox5187
07-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Dye's "performance" was one of the worst I've seen from a Sox hitter in a very long time.
My dad said he's starting to look like Claudell Washington (of course, I think 2005 and 2006 give him a certain edge over Claudell).

JB98
07-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Or send Ozzie's utility players down and call the real prospects up, while waiting for those spots to open.

Who are you going to send down?

Don't say Mackowiak. He's hitting the hell out of the ball lately.

The only "real" prospects we have to call up are Sweeney and Richar.

WhiteSox5187
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM

Don't say Mackowiak. He's hitting the hell out of the ball lately.

Mackowiak is starting to make a good case to be traded lately. There has to be some team in the NL that would like his bat off the bench.

Grzegorz
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM

Owens goes down and Anderson comes up.

JB98
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Mackowiak is starting to make a good case to be traded lately. There has to be some team in the NL that would like his bat off the bench.

Agreed. Rob could help a contender. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him. The idea of sending him down or DFA'ing him is ridiculous, but I've read posts here suggesting it more than once.

JB98
07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Owens goes down and Anderson comes up.

Anderson is a better player than Owens, but I'm not high on either of them.

Maybe it would be beneficial to let them play, so everyone can see they aren't the answer.

Grzegorz
07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Maybe it would be beneficial to let them play, so everyone can see they aren't the answer.

Fine by me; lets answer the question once and for all.

lostfan
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
A shot at getting hot so we can make a run and get back in the wild card race. Never give up.

lostfan
07-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Fine by me; lets answer the question once and for all.
Anderson looked like he started figuring it out last year and then he got kicked to the curb and his numbers fell back off. I didn't understand. He was getting the results they wanted.

If Anderson and Sweeney come back they need to get extended playing time and at-bats.

JorgeFabregas
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Anderson's on the DL, kids.

MCHSoxFan
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Should I give more creidt to the O's pitcher or to the Sox batters not being able to literally SWING the DANG BAT???????????!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

ViPeRx007
07-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Just when I think the offense is coming around they get shut out again. Of course, you gotta hand it to Bedard tonight. He pitched a gem. Buehrle didn't do too bad either.

Sox just got the short end of a pitcher's battle. JD, after a great game yesterday went back to his "regular" ways though. A couple of fly outs would have been nice even.

It's hard to figure this team out....

JB98
07-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Should I give more creidt to the O's pitcher or to the Sox batters not being able to literally SWING the DANG BAT???????????!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Bedard is tough. He threw a complete-game two-hitter with 15 strikeouts in his previous outing against the Rangers.

But we had a couple opportunities to manufacture a run after Konerko's two doubles, and Dye didn't execute. Neither Fields nor Terrero could come up with a big hit either.

BV2005
07-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Dye shouldn't have even brought a bat with him to the plate tonight.

chisoxfanatic
07-13-2007, 10:20 PM
The strike zone today was silly.
It certainly was! Buehrle wasn't getting the same strike zone as Bedard tonight. Brutal!

voodoochile
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
WOOHOO! The bullpen didn't give up any runs...:supernana:

soxfanatlanta
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
WOOHOO! The bullpen didn't give up any runs...

:rolling:

Ah, the silver lining!

TomParrish79
07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
ehh it could have been worse

voodoochile
07-13-2007, 10:52 PM
:rolling:

Ah, the silver lining!

No actually, just sticking with the theme of these post game threads. Last night the Sox won and all anyone wanted to talk about was how the bullpen almost blew it. Tonight the Sox lost, so I figured the bullpen not giving up any runs was going to be the main topic. Just trying to stay ahead of the curve here...

soxfanatlanta
07-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Just trying to stay ahead of the curve here...

And here I was thinking that folks were going to be calling for Ozzie's head. I have so much to learn :smile:

Another tough loss for MB;still his ERA is now below 3.

CLR01
07-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Another tough loss for MB;still his ERA is now below 3.

Trade him now!!!

I missed most of the game tonight because I choose to sit in traffic and travel 5 miles in 2 1/2 hours. Looks like I made the right choice.

WhiteSox5187
07-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Just when I think the offense is coming around they get shut out again. Of course, you gotta hand it to Bedard tonight. He pitched a gem. Buehrle didn't do too bad either.

Sox just got the short end of a pitcher's battle. JD, after a great game yesterday went back to his "regular" ways though. A couple of fly outs would have been nice even.

It's hard to figure this team out....
It's not really...we're just not that good this year.

spiffie
07-14-2007, 01:00 AM
The Sox just need to learn how to swing like they have nothing to lose...

Martinigirl
07-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Anderson's on the DL, kids.

Is there a hex on are outfielders this year? Good god. Why is he on the DL?

harwar
07-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Bedard's curveball was filthy.

He was a master last night.
After getting the call on his curveball high and outside to a righty he came in with a fastball zinger on the inside corner at the knees and most of our guys fell for it eveytime.
Konerko is such a smart hitter he was just sitting on the inside fastball waiting for it to cover some of the plate.
Dye just seemed confused at to what to do next as he was over-thinking himself into a box.
It was both sad and amusing watching Bedard take apart Terrero.
I saw Mark try the same thing a couple of times but he just wasn't getting the call on the high-corner curve ball so he had to give in at times and got too much of the plate.
It would really be something if Mark Buehrle and Erik Bedard were on the same team.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I found it interesting that after the game Buehrle said that someone has to go. He was probably as frustrated as everyone else with Dye and seeing him fail to deliver a hit when he had so many opportunities. My guess is Dye is gone within a week.

From Trib:
>>>"I think somebody has to go," Buehrle said in his first performance since signing a four-year, $56 million extension. "[General manager Ken Williams] has been saying all along that something's going to be happening, that's there's going to be a shakeup. Obviously, we've been hearing it for a month now. As it gets closer to the [July 31 trade] deadline, I think something's going to happen. It almost has to."<<<<<

Viva Medias B's
07-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Trade him now!!!

I missed most of the game tonight because I choose to sit in traffic and travel 5 miles in 2 1/2 hours. Looks like I made the right choice.

Fixed it for you, I think. Where was this traffic delay?

palehozenychicty
07-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm not that surprised we lost this game. Bedard is one of the best pitchers in the league. We have today.

CLR01
07-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Fixed it for you, I think. Where was this traffic delay?

East St Louis :Rocker:. You know where 55 and 64 merge and begin to branch off to the bridges? Well the forward thinkers at IDiOT decided it would be a good idea to cut that all down to one lane. I was on my way to the airport to pick someone up, their plane landed at 6:40, I got there at 9:15. :angry:

Are you looking for a distraction during tonights game? :D:

champagne030
07-14-2007, 11:46 AM
East St Louis :Rocker:. You know where 55 and 64 merge and begin to branch off to the bridges? Well the forward thinkers at IDiOT decided it would be a good idea to cut that all down to one lane. I was on my way to the airport to pick someone up, their plane landed at 6:40, I got there at 9:15. :angry:

Are you looking for a distraction during tonights game? :D:

You should've just pulled off and had a refreshment at a local establishment. I hear it's a quaint neighborhood. :redneck