PDA

View Full Version : Gave away 2....

doublem23
04-04-2002, 01:00 AM
Well, THAT SUCKED!!!!

CubKilla
04-04-2002, 01:22 AM
IMHO, the Sox are 3-0 and the pen is 1-2. What really blows is that in tomorrows paper the SOX will be 1-2 :whiner:

doublem23
04-04-2002, 01:26 AM
Yeah, the positives of this little series is the fact that, take away the 7th inning yesterday and the 9th inning today, and the Sox absoletlutely manhandled a team that won 116 games last year.

We could very easily be 3-0 right now.

Damn bullpen!

Take away the 2 formentioned innings, and the Sox outscored Seattle, 16-11.

Shoulda, coulda, didn't.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Shoulda, coulda, didn't.

Great. LipMan will be here to tell us how correct he is. :angry:

doublem23
04-04-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Great. LipMan will be here to tell us how correct he is. :angry:

I don't know what's worse... Listening to Keith blow it or reading Lip's "The Sky is Falling" Report.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 01:50 AM

I don't know what's worse... Listening to Keith blow it or reading Lip's "The Sky is Falling" Report.

*****!

foulkesfan11
04-04-2002, 01:53 AM
I know many of us were worried more about our starters before the season started. Looks like we were wrong!

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 01:57 AM
Nardi came out to the mound. I'm gonna blame him. Time to play Nardi Bash.!

Lip Man 1
04-04-2002, 02:28 AM
I guess it was the "altitude" eh?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Of course they didn't get swept which is a positive, now the real questions come to the front, how will they do against Kansas City and Detroit/

Will there be a "carry over" effect on the rest of the team?

Does Sox Management (always a contridiction in terms) actually do something besides cry over the payroll?

and lastly, if this does go on, how long before the hitters start taking sides against our "fine" pitching staff and what does this do to clubhouse chemistry.

No the sky isn't falling (yet) but when it does, a number of good Sox fans will be there to say "we told you so.."

Ya gotta LOVE it!

Lip

FarWestChicago
04-04-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
No the sky isn't falling (yet) but when it does, a number of good Sox fans will be there to say "we told you so.."

Ya gotta LOVE it!

Lip Don't be so sure you will be here to troll.

Spiff
04-04-2002, 06:18 AM
Boone: 1-5, GW RBI Single

:chunks

I still think we'll be ok, but this one hurts.

KempersRS
04-04-2002, 06:26 AM
Yeah, I went to bed at 6-3 and woke up and the first thing I saw on ESPN's bottom line was "Foulke, 2/3 IP, 4 ER". Needless to say: I wasn't amused. Sucks to lose that way, but I am not the least bit worried yet. Give them 3 games in KC to prove themselves again. A sweep is very possible and then they come home.

dougs78
04-04-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by LipMan1

Ahh, you are right...I do remember that article when you "told us so". I forgot that you correctly predicted that our starters would have the game in their back pocket.....I forgot how you correct you were when you said that our Middle Relief would put up goose eggs for 2 innings....

And finally I do seem to recall you saying that despite his status one of the top 3 closers in the game, you were quite certain Foulke would be horrible this year and give up 4 runs in only 2/3 of an inning most times out there....

Come on, thats absurd! If you want to say I told you so, then at least do it when something happens that YOU DID TELL US. Do'nt do it after Keith Foulke blows a game. He's the surest thing we can put on the mound, so if he blows a game then there is not really much we can do but sit back and shake our heads in disappointment....

HawkDJ
04-04-2002, 07:43 AM
This is the type of game that makes you want to cry, throw-up and hit somebody all at the same time. I don't know what more Foulke could have asked for with a 3 run lead. Now I have to go to school and get pounded by Cubs fans.

RedPinStripes
04-04-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by dougs78

Ahh, you are right...I do remember that article when you "told us so". I forgot that you correctly predicted that our starters would have the game in their back pocket.....I forgot how you correct you were when you said that our Middle Relief would put up goose eggs for 2 innings....

And finally I do seem to recall you saying that despite his status one of the top 3 closers in the game, you were quite certain Foulke would be horrible this year and give up 4 runs in only 2/3 of an inning most times out there....

Come on, thats absurd! If you want to say I told you so, then at least do it when something happens that YOU DID TELL US. Do'nt do it after Keith Foulke blows a game. He's the surest thing we can put on the mound, so if he blows a game then there is not really much we can do but sit back and shake our heads in disappointment....

LipMan knows all and he's always correct. Just ask him.

doublem23
04-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I guess it was the "altitude" eh?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Of course they didn't get swept which is a positive, now the real questions come to the front, how will they do against Kansas City and Detroit/

Will there be a "carry over" effect on the rest of the team?

Does Sox Management (always a contridiction in terms) actually do something besides cry over the payroll?

and lastly, if this does go on, how long before the hitters start taking sides against our "fine" pitching staff and what does this do to clubhouse chemistry.

Ya gotta LOVE it!

Lip

It totally sounds like you get off when the Sox lose 'cause then you can come here and troll us about how right you were and how we should all have some sort of massive revolt against Jerry Reinsdorf and Co.

The basic fact is, the season is far from over, and anyone who thinks otherwise is insane! We have 159 games left, and they're all not against the ****ing Mariners, so just shut the **** up and stop throwing in the ****ing towel before the god damn bell has even rung!

I don't give a **** if the 1970 Sox disappointed you or whatever Sox-related trauma you've apparently suffered, and now it's turned you into some cynical, manic depressive potato farmer who's convinced that any team that starts the season 1-2 is doomed and should just go home and give up... God damn, go find a new ****ing hobby!

It's one thing to say, "Well, that hurt, that sucks, that blows, but tomorrow's a new day. Sure, blowing a 3-run lead in the 9th sucks, but we got a lot of baseball to play." But here you come, and have the balls to LAUGH at us for trying being positive! Holy ****! They celebrate losing on the North Side, there, you moron.

Maybe you should apply for a job as a columnist at the Sun-Times; they'll love you there.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Man, shut the **** up.
:troll

Kilroy
04-04-2002, 09:08 AM
Man, shut the **** up.

Thanks doubleM. He needed that. I started the "shut the **** up" post, but stopped myself. Lip definitely seemed happy about the recent misery, so you weren't the only one who thought that.

Lip, if you wanna be a Sox fan, then you're in the right place. If you wanna be a constant whiner, complainer, and just a bitch in general, then get off the web and start a letter writing campaign. Send your complaints to JR and leave the fans alone.
Basically, shut the **** up unless you want to do more than just :troll.

doublem23
04-04-2002, 09:15 AM
Yeah... Don't misread my post. I have no problem with people saying, "Foulke sucks!", nor do I have a problem with people criticizing the team. Cub fans sit idly back and twiddle their thumbs even after their "Lovable Losers" take one on the chin. Fans have a right, nay the responsibility, to criticize; that's all we can do.

I understand how Lip may be frustrated (after all, it has been 85 years or so), but dammit, to be happy with this loss because you think now your original analysis was right... I can feel the bile on the tip of my tongue.. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Better... Scrub fans celebrate after a loss...

SoxRulecubsdrool
04-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
This is the type of game that makes you want to cry, throw-up and hit somebody all at the same time. I don't know what more Foulke could have asked for with a 3 run lead. Now I have to go to school and get pounded by Cubs fans.

I was too stunned to cry, throw up or hit somebody. These late games blow. I snoozed on the couch in the late innings. Fell asleep when it was 6-3 and confident of a Sox win. Woke up in the bottom of the ninth. Sat up, tried to focus, and saw it was bases loaded. It seemed like a nightmare. By the time my eyes cleared I was shaking with anger and the scoring run was coming across. I then of course couldn't get to sleep, hoping that I had only imagined the whole thing and in the morning would find out it was a 6-3 final. What the hell happened? We were cruising at 6-3 shutting them down. This blows. This makes me feel like that Minn. win last year when Foulke collapsed in the ninth.
Today is going to s**k!
If the Reds would have won I would have felt better, maybe.

Jerry_Manuel
04-04-2002, 07:14 PM
I don't give a **** if the 1970 Sox disappointed you or whatever Sox-related trauma you've apparently suffered, and now it's turned you into some cynical, manic depressive potato farmer who's convinced that any team that starts the season 1-2 is doomed and should just go home and give up... God damn, go find a new ****ing hobby!

That describes me, except for the potato farmer part.

I know...

doublem23
04-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
That describes me, except for the potato farmer part.

Man, Jerry, you're missing out on profits of the lush fields of Hanover Park! Get on the trolley! :D:

Jerry_Manuel
04-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Man, Jerry, you're missing out on profits of the lush fields of Hanover Park! Get on the trolley! :D:

I'll pass, Doub. I just wouldn't be the same cynical, manic depressive bum, that you see today.

doublem23
04-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'll pass, Doub. I just wouldn't be the same cynical, manic depressive bum, that you see today.

And where would WSI be without you, you wacky Twink fan, you?

Jerry_Manuel
04-04-2002, 07:35 PM
And where would WSI be without you, you wacky Twink fan, you?

It would be the same site it is today.