PDA

View Full Version : Logical Move Idea

Matlock
07-13-2007, 12:17 PM
I was thinking bout this before I hit the hay last night, I ran it by the spouse and she thought it was a fair deal.

Contreras, Dye and Bucvich for Nick Punto.

i think minnesota mouths would be watering for a deal like this, and it would solve our problems at 3B. It would also free up a lot of cash in our payroll. Perhaps we could get one of minnesota's young minor league arms, seem like they always have better talent than the Sox. Plus even though im sure Minnesota would not want Bucvich, but neither do we, so they can deal with releasing him.

UserNameBlank
07-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I have an idea.

New users should have to prove themselves through their posts before they are allowed to start new threads.

That said, this one had me actually laughing out loud. Nick Punto. LOL.

Mr.1Dog
07-13-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't think so. Gooch has more hits in fewer at bats...Not to mention Punto is a 3rd baseman not a 2nd baseman. Also Gooch makes $3.2 million and Punto makes $1.8 million.

And one more thing: :threadsucks

Matlock
07-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't think so. Gooch has more hits in fewer at bats...Not to mention Punto is a 3rd baseman not a 2nd baseman. Also Gooch makes $3.2 million and Punto makes $1.8 million.

And one more thing: :threadsucks

That was a typo, I meant 3B. :redface:

cws05champ
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
When are people going stop taking Matlock seriously? It's obvious that he is a Troll:dtroll: and is just posting stupid ideas to get people riled up. Just say Ban Matlock!!!!

Chicken Dinner
07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
We need bullpen help.......HELLO!!!!!

jenn2080
07-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I have an idea.

New users should have to prove themselves through their posts before they are allowed to start new threads.

That said, this one had me actually laughing out loud. Nick Punto. LOL.

This guy cracks me up. The only thing he is providing is entertainment because his logic is ubsurd. Please do not ban him yet. This **** is too funny.

Who the **** is his wife? Bud Selig?

EMel9281
07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I was going to post a sarcastic remark with a counter-trade, but I just can't do it. All I can think of is one word...

Wow...

MeteorsSox4367
07-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Can we conduct drug testing on some of the new posters? And for goodness sake, how about spelling names properly?

Other than that, great post. Really.

infohawk
07-13-2007, 01:45 PM
When I first read the initial post, I thought, "Oh man, this guy is going to get positively hammered!":o:

CashMan
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I was thinking bout this before I hit the hay last night, I ran it by the spouse and she thought it was a fair deal.

i think minnesota mouths would be watering for a deal like this, and it would solve our problems at 3B. It would also free up a lot of cash in our payroll. Perhaps we could get one of minnesota's young minor league arms, seem like they always have better talent than the Sox. Plus even though im sure Minnesota would not want Bucvich, but neither do we, so they can deal with releasing him.

I like this from your profile: I am lawyer.

How is this logical thinking? Did Fields die?

oeo
07-13-2007, 01:58 PM

We don't have a problem at 3B, the Twins do. Why would we try to acquire that 29-year-old scrub that had a career season for them last year when we have a young 3B on the rise?

RowanDye
07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
This guy cracks me up. The only thing he is providing is entertainment because his logic is ubsurd. Please do not ban him yet. This **** is too funny.

I second that notion. Keep 'em coming Matlock!

BTW Matlock, if you are serious about posting here you need to think through things before posting. Nick Punto is not very good. Giving up our our two best bargaining chips and a bullpen arm for a borderline 3B would not be a good idea for the White Sox. You might even call it "Illogical Move, Bad Idea".

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-13-2007, 03:10 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_435222.jpg

"What about me?"

I think Fields is doing a good enough job at 3B.

RowanDye
07-13-2007, 03:15 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_435222.jpg

"What about me?"

I think Fields is doing a good enough job at 3B.

I don't think Matlock's spouse agrees.

AZChiSoxFan
07-13-2007, 03:16 PM

Better yet, instead of Punto, how about we get them to give us Santana and Mauer.

:dtroll:

AZChiSoxFan
07-13-2007, 03:17 PM

:rolling:

CLASSIC!!

JB98
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Fields > Punto, and it's not close.

Matlock wants us to trade three players for a guy who is barely hitting above the Mendoza line. :rolling:

goon
07-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Uhh, I think this guy is trying to play us all for fools, there is no way in hell anyone would think that would be a good trade idea. He's either a Cub fan, or just someone who enjoys watching us freak out over his ridiculous posts.

I'm not buying it. No one is this dumb.

psyclonis
07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
sounds like a good deal :gulp:

MarySwiss
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
In a word...no.

chisoxmike
07-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Nick Punto sucks. He's had a bull**** career on the Twins. I wouldn't trade a bag of balls and Aaron Rowand (same thing) for Nick Punto.

A. Cavatica
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I would trade Bukvich for Punto, then release Punto.

Dumbes trade idea in a long time...

Matlock
07-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Do you think the Twins would give us Santana for Garland and Contreras? KW could use his magic to lock Santana in a long term deal and the Twins get two proven arms for another season? Sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

Jjav829
07-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Do you think the Twins would give us Santana for Garland and Contreras? KW could use his magic to lock Santana in a long term deal and the Twins get two proven arms for another season? Sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

We get it. You like to propose stupid trade ideas for the reactions. Move on...