PDA

View Full Version : -Official--Push to the Pennant Thread

Matlock
07-13-2007, 12:45 PM
The way there playing right now and only 12 games back, the Sox seriously could make a run for this thing. KW still believes, so I still believe. I'm sure KW will seek the players to get this done. I could tell last night in their eyes they are hungry.

Juice16
07-13-2007, 12:49 PM
I would actually believe if KW made a move to at least try to help the bullpen out.

Fred Manrique
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
First we better get rid of that "garbage" Jermaine Dye for Mark Teahan. Then we need to trade Contreras to the Devil Rays for Carl Crawford since that is all it would take.

Matlock
07-13-2007, 12:58 PM
First we better get rid of that "garbage" Jermaine Dye for Mark Teahan. Then we need to trade Contreras to the Devil Rays for Carl Crawford since that is all it would take.

That is what I think, I'm glad we are on the same page friend.

TheVulture
07-13-2007, 01:02 PM

lmao

RowanDye
07-13-2007, 01:04 PM

:rolling: Is there anyway we could keep this exchange going for about 2-3 more pages? Sounds like a good way to start my weekend...

CLR01
07-13-2007, 01:14 PM
So is this where we come to post after happy hour?

SBSoxFan
07-13-2007, 01:33 PM

I think it must be more than an hour.

RowanDye
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM

If that's what it takes for you to "Push to the Pennant" like the rest of us, then so be it. :D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I actually had a dream the Sox won the series last night. It was hilarious. First thing when I got home I posted "What the ****?" Thread with dancing bananas. It was so ****ing sweet. :bandance:

Chicken Dinner
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Please review and pour another drink.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/stats/bycategory?cat=Pitching&type=0

HotelWhiteSox
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
12 gb is far from 'only', but who knows, with 'one game at a time' and a bunch of other overused cliches, we can make things interesting

:lol:

ZombieRob
07-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh boy,Go White Sox.Hopefully tonight the O's wont go up there swinging like theres nothing to lose.:cool:

Johnny Mostil
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Sign me up! But for what year?

SBSoxFan
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh boy,Go White Sox.Hopefully tonight the O's wont go up there swinging like theres nothing to lose.:cool:

Well, if they do, Buehrle might throw another no hitter. :D: My only concern is a post-contract blip.

INSox56
07-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I actually had a dream the Sox won the series last night. It was hilarious. First thing when I got home I posted "What the ****?" Thread with dancing bananas. It was so ****ing sweet. :bandance:Dreams about WSI........wow.

RowanDye
07-13-2007, 03:09 PM
12 gb is far from 'only', but who knows, with 'one game at a time' and a bunch of other overused cliches, we can make things interesting

:lol:

Hey, I think Matlock's enthusiasm is refreshing.

Can you throw strikes Matlock? We're looking for someone with that type of confidence in our bullpen.

jenn2080
07-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey, I think Matlock's enthusiasm is refreshing.

Can you throw strikes Matlock? We're looking for someone with that type of confidence in our bullpen.

Maybe he is really Aaron Rowand.

PorkChopExpress
07-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Maybe he is really Aaron Rowand.

No one could disagree with Rowand. It's not physically possible. :D:

areilly
07-13-2007, 03:55 PM

Don't forget that this team never gives up, either. And it's a long season. And the '05 Astros and '06 Twins did it. And lots of great players have struggled for the first 84 games of a season. And baseball's a game of momentum. Or was it adjustments?

Ugh, I feel dirty writing that...

RowanDye
07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Don't forget that this team never gives up, either. And it's a long season. And the '05 Astros and '06 Twins did it. And lots of great players have struggled for the first 84 games of a season. And baseball's a game of momentum. Or was it adjustments?

Ugh, I feel dirty writing that...

You're right, we just need to make some adjustments.

We looked out of synch at times in the first half, but this team never says die.

If they just take it one game at a time, and give 110% every time they take the field, well...stranger things have happened.

Remember, it's not over 'til it's over, and there's a lot of football left.

AZChiSoxFan
07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
The way there playing right now and only 12 games back, the Sox seriously could make a run for this thing. KW still believes, so I still believe. I'm sure KW will seek the players to get this done. I could tell last night in their eyes they are hungry.

I'm so glad you started posting here. Here's a tip for you: go back to hanging out with the rest of the frat boys in the bleachers at the urinal.

:dtroll:

veeter
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Matlock, you and your show suck.

chisoxfanatic
07-13-2007, 04:16 PM
You do realize that means we have to gain on average roughly a game a week, right?

chisoxfan83
07-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Its a long season and anything can happen. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I like our chances when the media counts us out. It seems to have worked in our favor in the past. Take it one game at a time.

WisSoxFan
07-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Once the weather turns our hitters will start hitting and after the rough schedule we've had for the first 87 games we should be fine.

DannyCaterFan
07-13-2007, 05:04 PM
This post is pure nonsense. Three good teams in front of us, we're 12 games out. Let's at least wait til they are over .500 before we start talking playoffs. Seriously, the Sox have 75 games remaining. I figure they have to win at least 90 games this season to possibly get a playoff berth. That means they have to go 50-25 the rest of the way. Oh, and 90 wins still does not guarantee it. Yes we are hitting better and the starters are going well, but have you been watching the same bullpen that I have?
I still enjoy watching them play, and I hope we win many games yet this year, bu I am looking past 07 towards 08 for any real hope. Still I hope I am wrong!

downstairs
07-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Did you miss the part where they gave up 5 in the 9th and tried real, real hard to blow another game?

But I see what you mean. Unfortunately there is no World Series of Hungry For it. Only a World Series of Playing Good Baseball.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

oeo
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Did you miss the part where they gave up 5 in the 9th and tried real, real hard to blow another game?

Yep, they were trying real hard. :rolleyes:

5 runs in garbage time...it really means something.

CLR01
07-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Yep, they were trying real hard. :rolleyes:

5 runs in garbage time...it really means something.

Really, good teams give up 5 runs in one inning all the time. :rolleyes:

I imagine your world is pretty ****ed up.

Frater Perdurabo
07-13-2007, 06:17 PM
The only hope for the Sox to have a reasonable shot to make the playoffs is to pass two of the three teams ahead of them in the AL Central.

I think it's quite possible they can pass the Twins. I also think it is somewhat possible that either the Tigers or the Indians could go on an extended slump. But to take advantage of that situation if it happens, the Sox would have to play great baseball for two and a half months or go one two or three extended streaks (8-10 game win streaks and/or 15 out of 20) of outstanding baseball.

Those kids of streaks are possible if the Sox continue to get great starting pitching (which they have all season apart from just a few clunker games), get good production from the offense (which they have lately, and which will be more likely with the return of a healthy and productive Pods and Erstad) and get solid contributions from the bullpen (which they generally have not other than in April and early May).

Jenks is a great closer. Thornton is solid as a set-up guy. Logan is decent as a LOOGY. But they just don't have any decent RH middle relief.

If they want to even have a prayer, then, they either have to trade for two veteran RH relievers, hope that other minor league callups somehow catch fire, or hope and pray that two among MacDougal, Aardsma, Buckvich or Day figure out how to get hitters out.

Possible? Of course. Likely? Sorry.

JB98
07-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Really, good teams give up 5 runs in one inning all the time. :rolleyes:

I imagine your world is pretty ****ed up.

Every good team needs a presence like Dewon Day in the bullpen.

Jurr
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
A piece of advice: Just enjoy watching your baseball team play with the mindset that they're not going to the playoffs. It'll save you lots of grief. To make the playoffs, the Sox would have to play lights out every week. Every close game would have to be won. With a bullpen of this caliber, that's just not going to happen. We know this.

The goal for the rest of this season is to get the kids as much experience as possible while bringing back a winning mindset/atmosphere that has been missing for the better part of a year now.

oeo
07-13-2007, 08:08 PM
The goal for the rest of this season is to get the kids as much experience as possible while bringing back a winning mindset/atmosphere that has been missing for the better part of a year now.

How is that a goal? :?:

areilly
07-13-2007, 08:24 PM
How is that a goal? :?:

Because winning is an attitude?

SOXandILLINI
07-13-2007, 09:00 PM

I hear Vienna is a good place for psychoanalysis.... :?:

SOXandILLINI
07-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Tonights game should take some wind out of your sails.... at least our bullpen didn't give up any runs..... roflmao... Wow we stink, everybody has nintendo stuff against us, huh Hawk?.... If we didn't have to throw it through a tea cup, we would be in 1st place.... :whiner:... And just when I thought the offense had it turned around... :wink:

WhiteSox5187
07-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Tonights game should take some wind out of your sails.... at least our bullpen didn't give up any runs..... roflmao... Wow we stink, everybody has nintendo stuff against us, huh Hawk?.... If we didn't have to throw it through a tea cup, we would be in 1st place.... :whiner:... And just when I thought the offense had it turned around... :wink:
I was kind of hoping that JD had turned a corner and we could get something for him. Tonight was just an inexcusable performance by JD. He's strikes out looking on three fastballs none of them above 93? It's clear that something is not right with him. And him to the list of walking wounded that we have filling our bench right now.

Thome_Fan
07-14-2007, 12:14 AM

I got Teahen's autograph last Saturday. :D: