PDA

View Full Version : Tailgunner Joe, PS2 tell KW how to run franchise

UserNameBlank
07-13-2007, 11:16 AM
My apologies if this has already been posted.

Hooray for journalism (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/466834,CST-SPT-joe13.article)!

Joe shows off his humor:
TiVo ''Scott Baio Is 45 ... and Single.'' CHECK.
Don't quit your day job, Joe.

...Oh wait, please quit your day job!

And here he demonstrates his knowledge of minor league baseball:
Time to sweeten the pot, Kenny. The Dodgers reportedly won't trade slugging youngster Matt Kemp for Contreras straight up? Well, I see your Kemp and raise you a Lance Broadway.
Yeah? We'll I'll see your Andre Eithier and raise you a Heath Phillips! Then I'll see your Chad Billingsley and raise you a Corwin Malone!

I normally laugh at the tree huggers, but I will side with them on this one. It's sad that a few poor trees had to die for this.

cws05champ
07-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Not really anything in there that hasn't already been said here....except for the Scott baio thing, that was just plain weird, and uncomfotable.

rocky biddle
07-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Quite simply, Cowley is very bitter about the Buehrle contract fiasco. The column looks like he browsed a few threads in What's the Score, added a few lame attempts at humor and then peppered in a couple of cheap insults. He fits right in at that bastion of journalistic excellence that is the Scum-Times sports dept.

WhiteSox5187
07-13-2007, 06:53 PM
I just happened to glance at the article and laughed out loud and said "Oh the boys (and girls) at WSI are going to have a field day with this one."

MarySwiss
07-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Ya know; you get home from work on Friday of a long, hard week, you see an "article" like this one, and it just makes you feel tired all over, doesn't it?

Yeah, and what's up with the "Scott Baio" reference?:?:

NardiWasHere
07-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, and what's up with the "Scott Baio" reference?:?:

Cowley loves Chachi