PDA

View Full Version : Lofton Rocks

Bucktown
04-03-2002, 11:00 PM
KW sure did land a good one when he got Lofton. I don't know if the GM got lucky, but I will give him credit since I would have given him the blame if it didn't work out.

foulkesfan11
04-03-2002, 11:24 PM
I do disagree with most everything KW does, but in this case, what a good pick! I just hope Lofton stays healthy!

Mathew
04-04-2002, 01:18 AM
Lofton finished last year well, I hope he continues.

CubKilla
04-04-2002, 01:28 AM
He's bringing everything to the White Sox that I said he would. KW did good on this one. Love seeing a lead-off man in a White Sox uni putting the ball in play (not swinging for the fences) and stealing bases after a base hit or walk. When Frank and Maggs come around, the 1st innings should be fun.

harwar
04-04-2002, 09:33 AM
The only guy in the lineup that looked like he will NEVER quit was one of 2 guys who will always look funny in a Sox uni and not a tribe one.Is it me,or did all the other guys that went up to the plate just look like they were going thru the motions.

Procol Harum
04-04-2002, 09:42 AM
Lofton is a real pro--excellent pick-up. We can only hope he stays healthy. He's added tons to our attack with his smarts and instincts--man, what a change from having bonehead Durham parked at the top of the line-up. I even see signs of Lofton rubbing off on Ray-Ray. Now, if only we could somehow get a speed implant for poor Paulie.... :gulp:

bradp
04-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Now that he's with the Sox, I can enjoy the fact that he plays baseball the way I like to see it played. He's constant hustle, does the little things, a real fire starter like Ichiro.

He was definitely the best player of this opening series and I'm excited to watch him this year. And forget rubbing off on RayRay; let's hope it rubs off on the freakin' bullpen.

beausox
04-04-2002, 11:44 AM
Kenny has doen all that has been asked of him. He ignites the offense and creates runs by his baserunning. With Roger Cedenoout of the league, I think either Lofton or Itchy will win the SB crown. It would be nice though to see Durham get on base behind him every once in a while. On second thought, I guess I shouldn't ask too much.