PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Faust

Matlock
07-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I haven't made it out to a lot of games the past few years, maybe only 15 or 20, things have been really hectic at work and at home with new grandchildren, but I did notice that Nancy's presence has declined since we last had season tickets in 2002. What gives?

HomeFish
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
She only plays day games. Commuting from night games has been a problem for her.

My personal opinion is that they should hire a new organist for night games, but apparently they have focus group data saying that fans don't like the organ.

paciorek1983
07-11-2007, 05:54 PM
She only plays day games. Commuting from night games has been a problem for her.

My personal opinion is that they should hire a new organist for night games, but apparently they have focus group data saying that fans don't like the organ.

They realy need an organist ont he days she is not there. Something is mising when there is no organ. I think without the organ the atmosphere is a little bland.

At least once in a while now, they will play a taped version of Na Na Hey Hey when she's not there.

They could really be creative with gettin a new organist to fill in. Have some type of American Idol style contest or something. What a great marketing idea that would be. I think the Cubs are going to have some contest regarding guest conductors for the 7th inning stretch. I know it's the Cubs, but at least they do understand some traditions that connect with the fans.:(:

Scottiehaswheels
07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
They realy need an organist ont he days she is not there. Something is mising when there is no organ. I think without the organ the atmosphere is a little bland.

At least once in a while now, they will play a taped version of Na Na Hey Hey when she's not there.

They could really be creative with gettin a new organist to fill in. Have some type of American Idol style contest or something. What a great marketing idea that would be. I think the Cubs are going to have some contest regarding guest conductors for the 7th inning stretch. I know it's the Cubs, but at least they do understand some traditions that connect with the fans.:(:The Sox don't want the organ anymore. Well, I think Jerry does but those decisions are, as I understand it, left up to others...

paciorek1983
07-11-2007, 06:28 PM
The Sox don't want the organ anymore. Well, I think Jerry does but those decisions are, as I understand it, left up to others...

That I just don't understand. I have emailed Brooks about this topic in the past and he said that the Sox will have organ music. But actions speak louder than words. I really don't understand why they don't want it. Its a shame.:(:

esbrechtel
07-11-2007, 11:34 PM

They could really be creative with gettin a new organist to fill in. Have some type of American Idol style contest or something. What a great marketing idea that would be. I think the Cubs are going to have some contest regarding guest conductors for the 7th inning stretch. I know it's the Cubs, but at least they do understand some traditions that connect with the fans.:(:
I have been saying that american idol stuff since i discovered and joined this board in '05

Frontman
07-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Actually, one night game last week they had the organ (or taped organ music) of "Na Na Na Na" going both when the pitcher departed and when the Sox won. Granted, this was in the middle of Buehrle-gate, so I forgot to mention it.

Brooks said that he was passing along the idea to have taped performances of Nancy piped in for "Na Na Na Na" as we all have said this is White Sox tradition.

Frontman
07-11-2007, 11:41 PM

I so want to win that competition. I probably wouldn't make it out of Wrigley alive, but man, for a televised Take me out to the Ballgame for the line,

"root, root, root for the WHITE SOX" to be sung in Wrigley over the PA system. It would be SO worth it.

:D:

paciorek1983
07-12-2007, 12:03 AM
I have been saying that american idol stuff since i discovered and joined this board in '05

So have I.:wink: And I have emailed Brooks countless number of rants about organ music at the park.

Vernam
07-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Since the team has tanked this year, the canned music has been turned up to ear-splitting levels. I think they figure it will generate some (fake) excitement so people won't dwell so long on what's happening between the lines. If there's one thing I hate, it's not being able to talk with the person next to me between innings. :angry:

IOW, mark me down as a Nancy fan.

Vernam

HotelWhiteSox
07-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Even when Nancy has been there, they should turn down the speakers, when they blast some of that crap it feels like your at some cheap monster truck show or something